new ride for the wife.

zoso

Is that just an RX1 in disguise?

Power steering eh? Wow.....

A chum got that on a new 4wheeler last year.

big tires and rocky trail - yeah - I can see it - especially like you say - for those with less upper body strength.

But on a skidoo?

On the other side tho - I remember when my chum put a set of Powder Pro's on his '97 XLT Limited, and that thing steered very heavy!

I'm thinkin' that more mid shock (spring_ pressure and less on the skis would have helped that, but IDK...

Is that normal on most 4 strokes?

My friend has a 16 and really likes it.

Edited by Blake G

Power steering is a game changer on Yamaha’s. When my shoulders were hurting a few years ago, I would have considered one, if I could have tried it before I bought it. Vector and venture  is lighter then Rx1 with it’s 3 cylinder engine.

Good find zoo. Looks clean too. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

2 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Power steering is a game changer on Yamaha’s. When my shoulders were hurting a few years ago, I would have considered one, if I could have tried it before I bought it. Vector and venture  is lighter then Rx1 with it’s 3 cylinder engine.

Good find zoo. Looks clean too. 

It is well cared for. Older gent from quebec just at the border sold it to us. He is retired, was out working on the trails with his club and was struck by a tree as it was cut down. Hit him on the head, was in hospital three months and then much rehab. He is sad to sell but can no longer ride. I thought he was going to shed a tear as we drove off as he came to terms with a part of life he so loved was no longer going to be there. He spent an hour showing us every little detail of the sled.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, zoso said:

It is well cared for. Older gent from quebec just at the border sold it to us. He is retired, was out working on the trails with his club and was struck by a tree as it was cut down. Hit him on the head, was in hospital three months and then much rehab. He is sad to sell but can no longer ride. I thought he was going to shed a tear as we drove off as he came to terms with a part of life he so loved was no longer going to be there. He spent an hour showing us every little detail of the sled.

Wowsie. That is so sad. I sold my sled last year to a older couple. Grand touring le, 2012. Got an email message a few weeks asking where I had sled serviced in past. I answered them back and asked was there a problem with snowmobile and they said no, they just wanted to get it serviced. I was like few, always feel bad if something breaks after I sell it to someone. 
You may have to ride that a few times this winter too. Feel good in musoka twisty trails. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ox said:

Is that just an RX1 in disguise?

Power steering eh? Wow.....

A chum got that on a new 4wheeler last year.

big tires and rocky trail - yeah - I can see it - especially like you say - for those with less upper body strength.

But on a skidoo?

On the other side tho - I remember when my chum put a set of Powder Pro's on his '97 XLT Limited, and that thing steered very heavy!

I'm thinkin' that more mid shock (spring_ pressure and less on the skis would have helped that, but IDK...

Is that normal on most 4 strokes?

Yamaha first put it on the apex in 2011, then the vector and venture in 2012. It is not on the yamacats. Only one now is the venture tf, and the vk pro 2 which are still made in Japan.

Edited by zoso

Te VK is made in J A Pan?

It doesn't have a Yammi motor in it tho - does it?

I have yet to figger how we git mirror images in the digital era?

I know that they brought the 540 back a few yrs ago, but I didn't think that Yammi was building the 2 strokes aggin.

I was thinkin' that they just tossed a Kitty or ??? motor in it?

But since it is still a "540", maybe it is the old motor yet.

Still carb'ed?

I am sure that I have a magazine in the library that could answer those Q's.

Although, not sure anyone has had the big model by model spreadsheets in the issue yet this year?

Although I know the 540 has made the spotlight many times the last few years.

10 hours ago, zoso said:

2013 venture. I am sure she will love it. Power steering and a nice big warm windshield should keep her happy all day.

Here's a video of BFB's ExxonMobil Valdez cruising near Sturgeon Falls.

• Like 1

Get snow trackers if you dart

Like an Apex. Needs a few tweaks

10 hours ago, Ox said:

I have yet to figger how we git mirror images in the digital era?

I know that they brought the 540 back a few yrs ago, but I didn't think that Yammi was building the 2 strokes aggin.

I was thinkin' that they just tossed a Kitty or ??? motor in it?

But since it is still a "540", maybe it is the old motor yet.

Still carb'ed?

I am sure that I have a magazine in the library that could answer those Q's.

Although, not sure anyone has had the big model by model spreadsheets in the issue yet this year?

Although I know the 540 has made the spotlight many times the last few years.

It is the old 540 but with much improved carburation and possibly porting to vastly improve fuel economy.

Nice sled Zoso.

I have TF albeit a 2015. She will definitely like the power steering, and the forgiving suspension. I know it's saved my shoulders on several 400 km days!

IMG_20200217_123243 (2).jpg

• Like 2

Solid purchase Craig. I haven't seen you post to much about your wife snowmobiling. Is she new to the sport or coming back to riding? 

Regardless, its nice to share the same quality time together, enjoy it!

• Like 2

Fish:

OK, so what's the wheels on the skis?

They don't look like they are going to carry the front end into the trailer - doo they?

Or maybe some ice scratcher of sorts?

8 minutes ago, Ox said:

Fish:

OK, so what's the wheels on the skis?

They don't look like they are going to carry the front end into the trailer - doo they?

Or maybe some ice scratcher of sorts?

All the guys in our riding group have ski wheels. They work perfectly loading and unloading the trailer as long as you have put a filler between the ramp and the trailer floor. We also use them when we have to ride on bare gas station lots and on  longer bare bridge crossings. They sure save from marking up my concrete driveway at home as well.  If you would like to see more info about them google ski wheelz or rollerski

27 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

All the guys in our riding group have ski wheels. They work perfectly loading and unloading the trailer as long as you have put a filler between the ramp and the trailer floor. We also use them when we have to ride on bare gas station lots and on  longer bare bridge crossings. They sure save from marking up my concrete driveway at home as well.  If you would like to see more info about them google ski wheelz or rollerski

I see there are a few manufactures Roulski , RollerSki and perhaps another one,  Can anyone comment on these wheels for the ski-doo pilot TS ski on a 2016 Blizzard 900. All seem to be the same price $389+

1 hour ago, Muskoka Bill said:

I see there are a few manufactures Roulski , RollerSki and perhaps another one,  Can anyone comment on these wheels for the ski-doo pilot TS ski on a 2016 Blizzard 900. All seem to be the same price $389+

I installed RollerSkis on my 2016 buzzard with the ts pilot skis. In comparison to Rouskis which I have installed on my renegade, I would prefer the Rouskis for the ease of putting them down and in place. However, Rouskis, who I now think are owned by Kimpex, were very slow to put a model for pilot ts skis on the market (not sure if they are out yet to be honest) so I went with Rollerskis. I made up a little jig about a foot long with 5/8 inch  holes on either end out of a used slider to pressure down the wheel while holding the ski tip up, as I find the method of using your foot to push down the wheels not very serviceable. (if you have a prominent lower stomach, this could get in the way) The tool works great. This being said, no complaints about how the engaged wheels work - probably a bit better than the Rouskis.  Please find attached the installation instructions - there is also a very good video (in French only) for which I will try to find the link.

rollerski installation -b-2006-rev-a.PDF

The one thing I would watch out for is make sure your carbides are re-installed in the correct direction - a little slant is evident toward the front. In all the excitement, one might forget. And have to take everything apart again.

Here's the video:

About 14 minutes long. Good description. There are other shorter ones, but this video is the most comprehensive.

Edited by slomo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Solid purchase Craig. I haven't seen you post to much about your wife snowmobiling. Is she new to the sport or coming back to riding? 

Regardless, its nice to share the same quality time together, enjoy it!

She has been riding for 20 plus years. She took a 5 year break since we returned to Southern Ontario.  Hoping she enjoys the big comfy couch and wants to ride more. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, slomo said:

I installed RollerSkis on my 2016 buzzard with the ts pilot skis. In comparison to Rouskis which I have installed on my renegade, I would prefer the Rouskis for the ease of putting them down and in place. However, Rouskis, who I now think are owned by Kimpex, were very slow to put a model for pilot ts skis on the market (not sure if they are out yet to be honest) so I went with Rollerskis. I made up a little jig about a foot long with 5/8 inch  holes on either end out of a used slider to pressure down the wheel while holding the ski tip up, as I find the method of using your foot to push down the wheels not very serviceable. (if you have a prominent lower stomach, this could get in the way) The tool works great. This being said, no complaints about how the engaged wheels work - probably a bit better than the Rouskis.  Please find attached the installation instructions - there is also a very good video (in French only) for which I will try to find the link.

rollerski installation -b-2006-rev-a.PDF 1.08 MB · 0 downloads

The one thing I would watch out for is make sure your carbides are re-installed in the correct direction - a little slant is evident toward the front. In all the excitement, one might forget. And have to take everything apart again.

they also make hydrolic wheels the deploy with the press of a button. Every sled in quebec seems to have whhels of some sort on the skis, the venture we just bought does as well. Those and the snow trackers are very popular there.