Enclosed snowmobile trailer advise

soupkids

I'm sure this has been hased out many times but ....

I'm looking for a new enclosed trailer.

I dont do much trailering as I can sled from home 90 % of the time.

Use it more for off season storage more than anything.

I want something with a drop down back door, side entrance.

Took a quick look at the legend trailers.

Any other suggestions that wont break the bank.

2 minutes ago, soupkids said:

How about a shipping container. They are water tight too. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

How about a shipping container. They are water tight too. 

Still need to transport them from camp to home and back.

Besides I already have a 20 ft at camp that's full !!!

25 minutes ago, soupkids said:

All depends on how much you want to spend.  You want a 2 place?. A single?. Etc....Lots of trailers for sale on kijiji. 

29 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Is the enclosed you had a few years ago for sale? I have a buddy looking for a used one.

I picked up a lightening trailer 6x12 enclosed , aluminum frame with a ramp door, I just sealed the walls and floor last week, seems like a solid make 

Edited by ToSlow

9 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is the enclosed you had a few years ago for sale? I have a buddy looking for a used one.

It will be as soon as I get a new one.

29 minutes ago, soupkids said:

It will be as soon as I get a new one.

Please let me know when it is.

51 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Please let me know when it is.

Next week.

Have to bring the sleds home from camp next weekend

15 hours ago, soupkids said:

Hey, Soup -- I just picked up a new NEO 6 X 12 aluminum cargo with ramp door, to replace my sold Triton TC-167 (only need to haul 1 sled now).  I was originally considering another Triton (cargo-style) or a Nitro (ditto), but their supply chains are so mucked up by COVID that an order wouldn't be ready until mid-winter, whereas NEO was able to deliver on time, and I picked it up last Friday from the dealer, Bluewater Trailers in Strathroy.  So far, the NEO looks pretty good, and much less than a Triton.  Bluewater was a pleasure to deal with...check out their website, as they have lots of selection, and carry a few different brands. The only downside was how far I had to travel to pick it up.

• Like 1

Congratulations, irREVerent.  Where are the pictures so we can see the colour? Did you get a man door on the gas pumps side?

I got my Bullitt from Strathroy two years ago. The purchase distance is a bit of an issue, as you stated, and could also became an issue if you ever need warranty work.

PS: I ordered a NEO trailer from Action Trailers three years ago, but canceled because it came with the door on the curb side, contrary to what was ordered.

Edited by Blake G

30 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Congratulations, irREVerent.  Where are the pictures so we can see the colour? Did you get a man door on the gas pumps side?

I got my Bullitt from Strathroy two years ago. The purchase distance is a bit of an issue, as you stated, and could also became an issue if you ever need warranty work.

PS: I ordered a NEO trailer from Action Trailers three years ago, but canceled because it came with the door on the curb side, contrary to what was ordered.

That’s a great idea and I remember when that happened to you. Did they try to give you a discount and get you to take it? Costco pumps, I can open back door and go in that way. Long hoses are so nice. Most stations only have about 8 feet of hose. 
Next time I buy a trailer I do same with man door. Sure beats going in circles every time you want to go into trailer.,

Edited by Strong Farmer

5 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

That’s a great idea and I remember when that happened to you. Did they try to give you a discount and get you to take it? Costco pumps, I can open back door and go in that way. Long hoses are so nice. Most stations only have about 8 feet of hose. 
Next time I buy a trailer I do same with man door. Sure beats going in circles every time you want to go into trailer.,

My trailer has a man door on the curb side and a small gas door on the road side. I usually fill up the sled at the end of the day at the station on the trail rather than try and deal with the short hoses.

Im kinda looking at a denali hybrid right now.

Price seems ok so far

23 hours ago, Blake G said:

Thanks for the congrats, Blake... the colour is pewter (soft gray). And no, I didn't get the door on the street side (this trailer was already scheduled for production when I confirmed my order...too late to change anyway), but I don't really care, since I rarely gas up the sled on the trailer -- almost always try to fill it while on the trail.PXL_20201124_203116296.thumb.jpg.de8dd0b63c596bfcfc662e55e3de3c27.jpgPXL_20201124_203206273.thumb.jpg.70f4f8c74474a0054ccb1c0aff673c38.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Thanks for the congrats, Blake... the colour is pewter (soft gray). And no, I didn't get the door on the street side (this trailer was already scheduled for production when I confirmed my order...too late to change anyway), but I don't really care, since I rarely gas up the sled on the trailer -- almost always try to fill it while on the trail.PXL_20201124_203116296.thumb.jpg.de8dd0b63c596bfcfc662e55e3de3c27.jpgPXL_20201124_203206273.thumb.jpg.70f4f8c74474a0054ccb1c0aff673c38.jpg

Looks good Sir..

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2020 at 4:59 PM, soupkids said:

Price seems ok so far

Who makes it never heard of it before.

On 11/26/2020 at 4:59 PM, soupkids said:

Price seems ok so far

I was looking at the brochure on line. One thing that I noticed is that it says 6 tiedowns are standard. It doesn't mention what type of tiedowns they are and it says nohting about clamp type tiedowns or track in the floor for clamp type ski  tiedowns. It does mention in the options section that Transport Canada Certified Tie Downs are available . No standard vent either. You might want to inquire about the above.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

I have a 2018 Legend hybrid trailer that I bought new in January of 2018.  I haven’t had any issues, build quality is very good, better then others priced similarly.  Dexter axle, side and nose doors, led lights inside and out.  Only thing I changed were the Chinese wheel bearings that I replaced with a set of timkens before last season.  That being said my next trailer will be in inline v nose drive in drive off, my buddy bought one last season and I really like it, tows very well. 
B9A74FEE-6157-4724-B7A2-FA09AC1FF903.thumb.jpeg.b3594388f6fde3d1036d96e9026ef0e3.jpeg87415C16-D939-4029-9325-85634343ACEA.thumb.jpeg.36a1f6d055a407ab9230c7222117591f.jpeg60C0D463-CDAC-4988-A1FD-0091AABA2C9F.thumb.jpeg.52cf2aa99d2adb9b992a03fa25e02f44.jpegC874D7D3-17CF-4C1D-BCC9-7DC6A889688C.thumb.jpeg.bb3f5a1c8c99166d7409a446095ce796.jpeg

Good intentions, but Timken closed up (most?) of it's facility in Canton some years ago and makes them in China now too.

• Thanks 1