Two Sleds and Trailer stolen in Bracebridge

Muskoka Bill

Two Sleds in a trailer were stolen in Bracebridge friday Nov 20th details and pictures in link below

• Titan trailer, black, with a small hole on the driver side.
  • 660T Cat 2005
  • 1000 Yamaha Venture

https://muskoka411.com/start/a-trailer-and-two-snowmobiles-have-been-stolen-in-bracebridge/

The nerve of some people.

Well crap that sucks

Yunno ... I understand that this was likely a case of low hanging fruit, but the punishment (if you git caught) is the same as if you stole a trailer full of new sleds.

Seriously - what total value is there on a good day, let alone trying to fence hot goods?

The sleds are likely only good for parts?

What aboot the trailer? Does that have any sort of ser# on it?

Apparently COVID pricing has jacked the prices of sleds stupidly.

I cringe at the thought of storing sleds in a trailer as it makes it that much easier for the nogoodniks. Back up a vehicle to it, cut the lock off the coupler and the way they go.

Back in the 90s a co-worker had his empty sled trailer stolen from his driveway.

The cops found it and a stolen pickup near Nestleton. The thieves had punched a hole in the side. The thought in our conversation was they abandoned the 'combo' when they realised there were no easily 'disposed of' sleds in the trailer.

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

probably want to give those sleds back...............

The point is that someone has stolen someone else's property and in this case the sleds were used to by a contractor "The equipment is used to get to island jobs."  so he could lose work or complicate jobs.  Contractors don't use new sleds they prefer to keep their cost low by using old reliable sleds to get out to island jobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ox said:

Yunno ... I understand that this was likely a case of low hanging fruit, but the punishment (if you git caught) is the same as if you stole a trailer full of new sleds.

Seriously - what total value is there on a good day, let alone trying to fence hot goods?

The sleds are likely only good for parts?

What aboot the trailer? Does that have any sort of ser# on it?

I'm guessing the trailer was a Triton not a Titan as stated in the story. Used Triton clamshell is worth at least $1500.00 around here and it states that the sleds were used for "island jobs" and appears to be a carpenter that owned it per the pictures. Probably $4,000.00-$5000.00 for the sleds based on the picture of the Cat. Probably more valuable to the owner as they were tools of his trade so to speak.

I figgered "Triton" as well.

I meant that the hot sleds would only be valuable as parts sleds?

I kan't imagine that you would ever be able to register either of them again - w/o swapping on the tunnel from a dead machine eh?

And that's a lot of werk for an older machine like these.

And maybe I am just showing my ignorance - as I haven't been overly involved in the hot market, so ....

Too bad the law doesn't give the victim the right to beat the #$%^ out of the thieves if caught. Pure scum.

Well, maybe not, but the scum does have the legal right to beat the Schidt out of the sleds until caught.

I mean ... at least that's sumpthin' eh?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

probably want to give those sleds back...............

That Cat will live forever.  You will go through 3 Skippy engines though.

8 hours ago, Polaris1 said:

I take the tires off of mine and put it on blocks until I'm ready to use it.Takes all of 10 minutes. I suppose someone could still take it but they're going to work for it.

They will just winch it onto a flat bed truck and it will look like it belongs on thier too. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

With prices the way they are this year be ready for a large number of thefts.

Scammers and thieves will be out in full force.

• Sad 1

Next year's insurance rates will reflect this. 

We need clearly defined Castle Laws in Canada. 

Theft would likely drop if we were legally allowed to protect out property on our property.

34 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Next year's insurance rates will reflect this. 

We need clearly defined Castle Laws in Canada. 

Theft would likely drop if we were legally allowed to protect out property on our property.

You can just have to say thieves said they were armed before you shoot them. Remember dead people can’t defend themselves so your storey wins . 

• Confused 1

About all we can do these days is threaten to call police. 

And wait for a report number.

So we can call our insurance.

Every year we hear of dozens of thefts, virtually NO apprehensions. 

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

jesus people it was a joke.

ii in no way endorse the thievery of Arctic at snowmobiles...............I wouldnt wish that on anyone.

:D

Yes it was, really hard to believe some would not have thought so....but these are some very tense times that we live in... :coffeenose:

• Like 1