mike37

Remembering Dave (SledJunk)

I am so sadden to hear the news. A great man who welcomed anyone on his trips. Riding the northern trails will never be the same without him. So sorry for the loss.  Dave will always be missed.

Jerry

• Like 2

I was sad to hear that Dave did not make it, Wow I was expecting to see him pull up at the store with his sled this winter.   I met Dave early online in the mid 2000's,  I had the chance to meet a group of riders from the forum around 2007- 2008 I think when I was at a conference in Stratford, we had a good time that evening, he was with his son, Canuck was there also with us.  We hit it off right away, he was funny and always had a smile.  When he would come riding in Dubreuilville he would stay a few days, he was always doing something with lights, gadgets on his sled, GPS's and stuff lol, the tech guy on snow.    For a while he was given a new nickname because of a trailer mishap he had on the hwy. lol     here's a quote I found that he posted recently in November that shows how he was.   "

"While I love snowmobiling, most of the pleasure comes from the socializing with others over lunch / dinner and a few drinks after the ride. ."

Sledjunk

RIP Dave, you will be missed buddy.   :(

• Like 10

This just isn't fair.  Lost for words this morning.

26 minutes ago, Spanky said:

This just isn't fair.  Lost for words this morning.

Agree. Going to be hard saying goodbye..

• Sad 1

OMG  just reading this now   So so sad   I met Dave at the OFSC AGM and we had some good conversations regarding club business   I so admired him for all his volunteering, working in the shop on the groomers and posting the updates       really hoped to be able to meet him on the trail someday too      Condolences to all  the family        RIP  Dave 

Never met Dave, but sure enjoyed knowing the man through this wonderful forum. 

Seemed like the epitome of a great guy you'd be proud to share a meal,  a trip, a room or a trail with. 

Going to try to be a little more like Dave. 

Happy trails sir.  

i met Dave through the forum, and like so many have mentioned, he was a friend to all, right up front, first to reach out a hand to welcome you.

later i was able to put a face to the name, by meeting him, and his daughter a few times at the Novi show. he was always excited to come to Novi for the "BIG SHOW" and be able to shop in the stores in the states. he was always tinkering with something, to make it better, or make things better for himself, and fellow sledders. 

i regret, though having his cell number, and us trading an occasional text years ago, i didnt reach out as much as i would have liked to, or should have. i really regret not seeing him in person in feb, or march of this year, just before the trails closed, when he was in Dubreuilville for the last time, with Rvrnd, and Irreverent. kris came for a visit at our house but dave and bob were a bit tired from the days ride, and wanted to be rested for the next leg of their ride. now looking back, i wish both of us would have taken the time, for one last laugh, handshake, over a beer that night, or breakfast the next day, before they left, to continue their journey.

just goes to show you, tomorrow is not given, cherish those around you, they can be taken away without warning. 

ride in peace my friend, until we meet on the other side... Eric

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Here is a few pics I dug up of him from our travels, 

sledjunk8.jpg

sledjunk11.jpg

sledjunk7.jpg

sledjunk9.jpg

sledjunk4.jpg

sledjunk2.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
3 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

i met Dave through the forum, and like so many have mentioned, he was a friend to all, right up front, first to reach out a hand to welcome you.

later i was able to put a face to the name, by meeting him, and his daughter a few times at the Novi show. he was always excited to come to Novi for the "BIG SHOW" and be able to shop in the stores in the states. he was always tinkering with something, to make it better, or make things better for himself, and fellow sledders. 

i regret, though having his cell number, and us trading an occasional text years ago, i didnt reach out as much as i would have liked to, or should have. i really regret not seeing him in person in feb, or march of this year, just before the trails closed, when he was in Dubreuilville for the last time, with Rvrnd, and Irreverent. kris came for a visit at our house but dave and bob were a bit tired from the days ride, and wanted to be rested for the next leg of their ride. now looking back, i wish both of us would have taken the time, for one last laugh, handshake, over a beer that night, or breakfast the next day, before they left, to continue their journey.

just goes to show you, tomorrow is not given, cherish those around you, they can be taken away without warning. 

ride in peace my friend, until we meet on the other side... Eric

Well said my friend..

• Like 2

Looking thru my tunnel bag for my spare mini relays (to no avail) on Weds' night & cane across this little tester that Dave suggested:

20201127_105118.thumb.jpg.0ca1898a58dbce71d53c6a1b3cff9501.jpg

(Heater visor power supply tester)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

I’m very sorry to say that our good friend passed away this morning. Dave aka “sledjunk” will be missed by his family and friends. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, son, and daughter, as well as his extended family and friends. 

WTF!...........Oh man thats horrible.

was rethinking this..... The snowmobiling world is worse off today for it.

RIP 

• Like 1

RIP, Dave. Gone but not forgotten. You left an imprint on Ontario snowmobiling - Volunteer, GPS track recorder/contributor, Trail Rider extraordinaire. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Looking thru my tunnel bag for my spare mini relays (to no avail) on Weds' night & cane across this little tester that Dave suggested:

20201127_105118.thumb.jpg.0ca1898a58dbce71d53c6a1b3cff9501.jpg

(Heater visor power supply tester)

Sledjunk Style. Gotta admire some of his gizmos..

• Like 1

RIP  condolences to the family.:(

Last year in Kap; trail side lunch. 

IMG_0693.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunate news.

Condolences to his friends and family

That leaves a numb feeling, condolences to Dave,s  family and friends. I enjoyed our conversations over the years, both online and in person, just a great guy all around. Rest easy my friend.

It's great seeing some pictures posted up. 

• Like 1

RIP Dave. Met you a few times over the years between sled shows, AGM's and rides. You will be missed by many.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ontariof7 said:

Last year in Kap; trail side lunch. 

IMG_0693.jpg

Great picture of Dave Sean. Thanks. 

Once all this covid stuff has settled down, and we can mingle again with others, we need to do a real good OC Member  Group ride in honor of Dave (Sledjunk). 

• Like 12