Sign in to follow this  
mike37

Remembering Dave (SledJunk)

I am so saddened by this news. May you Rest In Peace Dave. Smooth trails my friend 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

Heart Torn.  The many saddle bag trips we enjoyed together and local trips around here.  An avid snowmobiler and a Friend.  I'll miss you SJ, more than you can imagine.   To Larissa and Adrian and Mrs SJ, my heartfelt condolences.  He was a wonderful human being and someone that SO many people will miss !!!   

Be Well, Be Safe, Be Kind !

stg

Well said, STG...I share all of those same sentiments, as we've shared many of the same trips and experiences.

• Like 3

heart is filled full of sorrow today. rest in peace my friend. so sorry for the loss, and grief the family are going through. my thoughts and prayers are with all of them today. Ride in peace Dave, you will be missed.

• Like 2

Oh man, I am very sorry to hear this. Dave was a good man!

My condolences to his family, friends. 

Our snowmobiling community will miss you!

• Like 1

My condolences to Larissa, Adrian and Mrs. Sledjunk.   Dave was a good man and a friend to all.  

This is a terrible casualty of the pandemic that has changed all of our lives, some more than others.

please stay safe everyone!  At the very least, let this be a reminder that we are not out of the woods and we need to protect our love ones, our neighbors and our communities.

• Like 6

RIP, my condolences to his family & friends

Rest in Peace Dave. Although i never met you in person I felt like you were a good man from your posts on the forum and your willingness to help anyone  on OC with a question or a problem. My condolences to SJ's family.

Wondering if and when it would be appropriate for some folks to post some rides pics with SJ.

I remember yrs ago that he gave me a couple of  warnings on here from a post i had made, i talked to him about when we was at Cochran sledding a few yrs ago. he laughed, he didn't remove the warning for a couple more yrs...lol

WHAT, I just checked and they are still on my profile:)

Edited by ToSlow
  • Haha 2

RIP Dave.. you will be missed by us all.

On the drive home tonight,  with my heart torn, i just cannot get over the fact he is gone. Just a little tribute to Dave, when i joined OC, he was the first OC member i met,  and went on a trip with. I kinda looked up to him because when i joined , i was new to the sport etc. Haaaa.  R.I.P...May you find peace on the trails...

• Like 5

RIP Dave.  So sad to hear this.

RIP sledjunk. Condolences to his family. 

Oh wow .. that is not the news i was expecting to see when logging on here.

Even though I just met Dave this past year,  as he invited myself as someone he didnt know to a group trip to Cochrane with some fellow OC'ers this past season says volumes about his character.

The laughs thoughout the trip will always be remembered moving forward.  

Condolences to the family and friends of Dave .. he was one of the good ones. 

• Like 2

Heartbreaking :-( I never met him but from interactions on here you could tell how selfless he was. Sending his family strength and condolences 

RIP Dave. Condolences to your family. 

Definitely not a man to deserve that. Our community will suffer for a long time because of losing him. 

Godspeed Dave!

RIP Sledjunk

2 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Well said, STG...I share all of those same sentiments, as we've shared many of the same trips and experiences.

X2 and that goes for what Nunz has said too. Mr Fixit when it came to the electrical gremlins.

RIP Dave. Condolences to his family.

My condolences to SJ's family and friends. Like many, I never had the pleasure to meet Sled Junk face to face but his thoughtful contributions to this board will be dearly missed.

Rest In Peace.

• Like 1

Such sad news.  My deepest condolences to Dave's family.  I have fond memories of Dave on sled trips and OC gatherings.  He always had a smile on his face!  We will miss him.  <3

In case there was any doubt why he was called sled junk.  RIP Dave! 

Cochrane ride Mar 0910.jpg

Cochrane ride Mar 0911.jpg

sj2017.jpg

Cochrane ride Mar 097.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Evil said:

Such sad news.  My deepest condolences to Dave's family.  I have fond memories of Dave on sled trips and OC gatherings.  He always had a smile on his face!  We will miss him.  <3

sj2017.jpg

Thanks for posting that group picture of us at the Ice Hut Evil. Heavy hearts tonight..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Evil said:

sj2017.jpg

Evil I think that's only half of Dave's equipment. I seem to recall a pic from my early days on OC of it that had much more stuff out. Up to that point I had no idea why his nickname was Sledjunk. 

It's a good thing only irREVerent and I saw the 'layout' in Barry's Bay a couple of seasons ago. Housekeeping would've had him evicted.

• Like 2

An absolute  shock to everyone. Those of us were blessed to have met this fine man in person. I remember outside of wildbill, you were the first OCer I met at the sled show years ago as well seeing each other at ofsc agms. You always had a smile on your face and never hesitated to out stretch your hand to shake. You made everyone you met feel welcomed and never hesitated  to lend a hand, especially your Hearts Of Ontario club. May your trails in heaven be forever endless but please, stay out of the soft clouds.

Thank you Evil for sharing those great pics/memories and would encourage others to do the same if deemed appropriate. 

• Like 5