Shockless Polaris VR1

tricky

Have any of the Polaris faithful heard of their new snow checked VR1 sleds arriving at the dealer minus the front Walker Evans shocks. The decision to ship short the shocks could not have been made lightly. Sounds kinda '80s ish, but with a $500 promised delivery date penalty staring at them, maybe the decision was easier than would normally have been the case. Somebody's got some splainin' to do.

Yes they are coming without shocks.  The shocks are being shipped separately.

500 is not for every snowcheck, only for people who ordered early April 15th, they extended the snowcheck program after without the shipping incentive.

It's beyond polaris.  The shock factory was shut down due to fires in California.

• Like 2

Thanks gobills. No more explaining required, but got to be hard on WE, Polaris, dealers and customers. Those shocks are new this year, at least as standard issue on any Polaris model, aren't they? My buddy snow checked 2 VR1 s - one came with shocks, one without. One was ordered by the original date and the second during the Covid (?) extension.

Dealers had the option to accept the sleds without shocks or wait and get the with shocks.

Fox is 2-3 weeks behind on delivery of the shocks.

I can see the logic in shipping without the shocks. Logistics to ship all the sleds and get distributed is much more challenging due to the size and the dispersal across the country. It's real easy to ship shocks, be it by UPS, FedEx or Purolator.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gobills said:

Just curious what colours did he order?

He technically ordered no colours, since black is the absence of colour. His 129 (no shocks) is pretty much all black. Her 137 with shocks is black and grey. They weren't too imaginative when it came to colour, IMO. 

The only thing wrong with my new-to-me 900 TNT is that its all black with a little grey trim. Skidoos should be yellow, Polaris red or blue, Yamahas should be Yamaha blue and Cats green. Simple! Who screwed up the whole colour thing?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can I "like" that one 2wiced?

12 hours ago, soupkids said:

Dealers had the option to accept the sleds without shocks or wait and get the with shocks.

Fox is 2-3 weeks behind on delivery of the shocks.

It’s the Walker Evans shocks that they use. They will get all the sleds  delivered very soon.