ofsc trail guide app

Btbt

I understand that there will be a Lite version (free app) as well as a pro version ($3.99) with enhanced features as ride share, track your group etc.Ā 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded mobile versionĀ 

Now availableĀ 

Screenshot_20201201-102824_Go Snowmobiling Ontario 2020-2021!.jpg

• Like 1

RAM mounts, pick one that works for your application. tough as nails! Ski

Will the OFSCĀ app I downloaded last season work for this season ?Ā 

Ā 

Cheers

Edited by chez-nous cest skidoo

Just now, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

Will the app I downloaded last season work for this season ?Ā 

Ā 

Cheers

No, its a yearly subscription. But the ofsc is offering basic app for freeĀ  this year, with an option for an upgrade to Pro version with extras with a cost.

5 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

No, its a yearly subscription. But the ofsc is offering basic app for freeĀ  this year, with an option for an upgrade to Pro version with extras with a cost.

Ā 

Ok thank you sir,,

Ā 

ill pay the $4 for the new app ... definitely the best $$ Iā€™ve spent on this sport

Ā 

cheers

• Like 3

2 hours ago, andreyboater said:

Just downloaded mobile versionĀ 

Now availableĀ 

Screenshot_20201201-102824_Go Snowmobiling Ontario 2020-2021!.jpg

Just installed on my phone, but no where did it verify that I was spending $3.99, so not sure if I got the free app or the paid version.

Ā 

Edit, as I was looking at the app, it says to access certain features, you need to subscribe at $3.99/year.

Ā 

Edited by Dave K

7 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Just installed on my phone, but no where did it verify that I was spending $3.99, so not sure if I got the free app or the paid version.

Ā 

Edit, as I was looking at the app, it says to access certain features, you need to subscribe at $3.99/year.

Ā 

I clicked on the top left circle with the lines and went to sign in, at that point it asked if I wanted to upgrade the app.Ā 

Cant find it on App Store (Iphone) is it named something other then OFSC Trail guide?

Ā 

10 minutes ago, Kier said:

Cant find it on App Store (Iphone) is it named something other then OFSC Trail guide?

Ā 

Go snowmobiling Ontario, itā€™s on there I downloaded it about an hour agoĀ 

2 minutes ago, Arctic JC said:

Go snowmobiling Ontario, itā€™s on there I downloaded it about an hour agoĀ 

Clicked it and it says its not available in my country or region (Peterborough Ontario) weird.Ā 

1 hour ago, Kier said:

Clicked it and it says its not available in my country or region (Peterborough Ontario) weird.Ā 

Are you on WIFI, or a VPN?Ā  Try using mobile data to install if you have enough.

40 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Are you on WIFI, or a VPN?Ā  Try using mobile data to install if you have enough.

Tried WIFI, VPN to Toronto, Data, everything. says not available in my country or region.Ā 

On 11/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, Big Pete said:

I understand that there will be a Lite version (free app) as well as a pro version ($3.99) with enhanced features as ride share, track your group etc.Ā 

The basic version is responsive ( faster to load and react to inputs than last year) but lacks detail. I couldn't find any towns out east (D1), as an example.Ā 

Ā 

I paid the 3.99 plus tax and the detail popped up.Ā 

Ā 

I jumped ahead, bought it, but here's a quick comparison:

Ā 

Basic - little underlying detail.

Pro- detail.

Ā 

Basic- gave option of downloading area ' tiles' for non cellular use ( I didn't click....to verify).

Pro- download area tiles.

Ā 

Basic- 2 finger swipe to change map orientation ( to see the trail as you're facing it)

Pro- same

-----

Ā 

If anyone spends more time in basic, advise. The features I'm most interested in, on the paid version:

1. "Follow me" ... pinpoint where I am like a typical gps ( Rider location on gos, share and group rides);

2. Trip planning;

3. Measure distance.

Ā 

Looking for corrections to last year's issues ( TOP trail logos ( e.g.) blocking out town or road names ); other issues identified by revrnd and irrev. ( and others).

Ā 

It has a way better feel to it than last year ( android user ).

7 hours ago, Canuck said:

The basic version is responsive ( faster to load and react to inputs than last year) but lacks detail. I couldn't find any towns out east (D1), as an example.Ā 

Ā 

I paid the 3.99 plus tax and the detail popped up.Ā 

Ā 

I jumped ahead, bought it, but here's a quick comparison:

Ā 

Basic - little underlying detail.

Pro- detail.

Ā 

Basic- gave option of downloading area ' tiles' for non cellular use ( I didn't click....to verify).

Pro- download area tiles.

Ā 

Basic- 2 finger swipe to change map orientation ( to see the trail as you're facing it)

Pro- same

-----

Ā 

If anyone spends more time in basic, advise. The features I'm most interested in, on the paid version:

1. "Follow me" ... pinpoint where I am like a typical gps ( Rider location on gos, share and group rides);

2. Trip planning;

3. Measure distance.

Ā 

Looking for corrections to last year's issues ( TOP trail logos ( e.g.) blocking out town or road names ); other issues identified by revrnd and irrev. ( and others).

Ā 

It has a way better feel to it than last year ( android user ).

I bought it too. Looks good so far and pinpoint feature and knowĀ where you are when there is cell service is worth it for 3.99.Ā Most towns have cell service when approaching so be useful to find your way in and out and on lakes be useful to find access trails as you come off and on. Especially on lake musoka which someĀ of it is not staked.

Edited by Strong Farmer

On 12/1/2020 at 12:04 PM, signfan said:

do they make something with heat?

These have heat.

http://www.trailsystems.com/

Bought the app for my phone and was checking to see if any routes had been updated closer to the actual trail routes.Ā 
Noticed that the map used is old and misleading by showing the ā€œno longerā€ Ker-Linā€™s General StoreĀ with a fuel pump in Searchmont.Ā 
Hope nobody counts on that.Ā 

3E0FF2C6-C671-4932-8258-F1CAA32C039B.png

9 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

Bought the app for my phone and was checking to see if any routes had been updated closer to the actual trail routes.Ā 
Noticed that the map used is old and misleading by showing the ā€œno longerā€ Ker-Linā€™s General StoreĀ with a fuel pump in Searchmont.Ā 
Hope nobody counts on that.Ā 

3E0FF2C6-C671-4932-8258-F1CAA32C039B.png

Trail updates are up to the individual clubs to do through their District office but I think base map changes would have to be done through OFSC head office andĀ map supplier. They have used this map long enough that they should have been able to get it right. Another goodĀ reason to change to the Explora baseĀ mapĀ supplier Quebec uses. JMHO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Trail updates are up to the individual clubs to do through their District office but I think base map changes would have to be done through OFSC head office andĀ map supplier. They have used this map long enough that they should have been able to get it right. Another goodĀ reason to change to the Explora baseĀ mapĀ supplier Quebec uses. JMHO

Can it really be hard to get this right?. Like, wow..

Not going to hold out much hope, but not going to give up on a $3.99 app.Ā 

There's no reason to have a less than stellar tool at our disposal.Ā 

Our neighbors have a beauty right next door.Ā 

There's ZERO need to re-invent the wheel.Ā 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Can it really be hard to get this right?. Like, wow..

Not really, all it takes is an email to clarify!

• Like 1