Highland Rovers Club Stolen Wood

Turbo Doo

On 11/17/2020 at 8:00 AM, slomo said:

If I am thinking the same guy ....he was re-elected in the last round of municipal elections - Seguin township.

Slomo, you are correct the councillor in question was re-elected to council in the last election. Unfortunately this is what happens when people vote by name recognition only. Embellishment from politicians doesn’t matter amongst the ill informed. This was clearly evident in the last federal election.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

That is standard practice to drop materials at a site before work begins. Everyone does that at least one day, before work

begins. Unfortunate this happens. Hopefully park to park has insurance and materials get replaced in time for volunteers to repair bridge. 

Not 100% true, if it can be avoided materials are dropped when the manpower is there to receive & start the work. See this happening more and more the last few years due to theft issues & delivery issues. Also been in an increase in partial deliveries to minimize exposure, no where to store all the materials plus control your costs as most suppliers will have the materials and invoice go out the same day.

But of course depending on the situation, this is not always possible.

Regardless, sucks all around when this happens, there is no excuse no matter who or what you point the finger at.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SuperG said:

yup stop trying, you are!

you're calling me out because someone stole the wood that was left in the middle of the trail? and i said what everybody else is thinking, go pound salt

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, ToSlow said:

well people know not to leave things that are loose on both ends laying, that's just an invitation. not trying to be an ass but should have known better

Same thing happened last year with Mlsta club near Bala 

1 minute ago, Nunz said:

Same thing happened last year with Mlsta club near Bala 

i know it sucks, probably set the club back in time and finances. not a good start to the season or a good feeling in the gut

4 hours ago, ToSlow said:

you're calling me out because someone stole the wood that was left in the middle of the trail? and i said what everybody else is thinking, go pound salt

ya damn right im calling your ignorant ass out! Not everyone has the ability to have everything delivered when they wanted as its in the middle of covid times. got it delivered closest to the time when the VOLLUNTEERS could do the bridge work and yes that is always the risk you take but due to the covid times, it was the best that could be done and gambled on people being honest which didnt work out this time. 

Thats why you dont always say what everyone else is thinking cause you dont know what the circumstances were especially during these times when stuff is hard to get. So in your words sir, YOU go pound salt!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SuperG said:

ya damn right im calling your ignorant ass out! Not everyone has the ability to have everything delivered when they wanted as its in the middle of covid times. got it delivered closest to the time when the VOLLUNTEERS could do the bridge work and yes that is always the risk you take but due to the covid times, it was the best that could be done and gambled on people being honest which didnt work out this time. 

Thats why you dont always say what everyone else is thinking cause you dont know what the circumstances were especially during these times when stuff is hard to get. So in your words sir, YOU go pound salt!

LOL, what a tool

• Sad 1

Just now, ToSlow said:

LOL, what a tool

Right back at ya asshat!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ToSlow said:

Brother go build your bridge

Yup keep running your entitled mouth keyboard warrior. Volunteering isnt something you'd do. 

• Like 1

Just now, SuperG said:

Yup keep running your entitled mouth keyboard warrior. Volunteering isnt something you'd do. 

before you run your yap, I've probably put more yrs in volunteering than you ever will

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SuperG said:

Obviously someone touched a soft spot with you on this.  I applaud all volunteer’s across the board! Sometimes it just doesn’t work as a permit buyer to volunteer as much as one would think. I on  the other hand  do what I can without being asked... such as a  quad ride through local trails to brush things back.... saves them from doing it and we gain a bit more “room” in the corners!!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stoney said:

Not 100% true, if it can be avoided materials are dropped when the manpower is there to receive & start the work. See this happening more and more the last few years due to theft issues & delivery issues. Also been in an increase in partial deliveries to minimize exposure, no where to store all the materials plus control your costs as most suppliers will have the materials and invoice go out the same day.

But of course depending on the situation, this is not always possible.

Regardless, sucks all around when this happens, there is no excuse no matter who or what you point the finger at.

That’s true for most job sites. Our wood came in multiple deliveries too and we stored it all inside, mostly to keep it out of elements.

Being in a remote location multiple drops in stages not practica for this job. Time to put up some trail camera’s and catch thieves. Really sad and frustrating for volunteers and clubs when this happens. Sequin is one key trail in area that I enjoy riding. Goes right past my uncles cottage. I texted him about wood and he heard it was stolen but has no idea who either. He lives near Mckeller on parry sound side. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 1