Highland Rovers Club Stolen Wood

Turbo Doo

Someone knows who it is. $2500 isn't a drop in the bucket for a club with limited resources. Mark and the boys work very hard for the club as do so many other's.

Every permit buyer from each user group should feel robbed...  If this bridge isn't fixed the Sequin trail may not be open this season. Huge ramifications!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Someone knows who it is. $2500 isn't a drop in the bucket for a club with limited resources. Mark and the boys work very hard for the club as do so many other's.

Every permit buyer from each user group should feel robbed...  If this bridge isn't fixed the Sequin trail may not be open this season. Huge ramifications!

It blows my mind people will stup to this level. May the thieves get what they deserve..

Edited by Turbo Doo

We lost some decking too a couple of years ago. Would've been an interesting drag out of the bush with an ATV (not truck accessible).

This theft is upsetting, the Seguin is the 401 of sledding trails for many riders including myself. This is a major theft perpetrated by someone who is obviously a low life. Note to thieves who hinder this sport. Being accidentally run over by a sled with a studded track hurts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snapper said:

This theft is upsetting, the Seguin is the 401 of sledding trails for many riders including myself. This is a major theft perpetrated by someone who is obviously a low life. Note to thieves who hinder this sport. Being accidentally run over by a sled with a studded track hurts.

I kind of like a snowmobiling spin on an old western movie punishment. If I recall they would tie each a horse to one arm and another horse to the other then have them run off in opposite directions.

18 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

It blows my mind people will stup to this level. May the thieves get what they deserve..

With spruce 2X4X8's retailing at $8 plus each, I would be checking kijiji and other on line sales forums to see if someone has put the lumber up for sale. Thousand dollars asking price for two thousand worth of lumber would make the effort worthwhile for thieves. Maybe one of those "traveller" groups....drop by your house with some wood ..."we had leftover lumber from our last job...interested?" 

Plywood is a easy score for thieves at current prices doesn't take many sheets to be in the thousands of $ range . Two guys can load a pick up quick if they can back up to the pile . I bring it to the site as l need it and put the surplus around back, thieves won't steal it if they have to carry it any distance .

12 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Plywood is a easy score for thieves at current prices doesn't take many sheets to be in the thousands of $ range . Two guys can load a pick up quick if they can back up to the pile . I bring it to the site as l need it and put the surplus around back, thieves won't steal it if they have to carry it any distance .

Yeah prices are ridiculous. Went up about 20 dollars a sheet, since I did floor in two storey barn in spring. Takes a shady company to support under ground though. 

This was actually lumber bought by park to park, and HRS was going to do the labour installing it on the 35' bridge. p2p had been waiting most of the summer to get that material from the mill, and there are a few  more bridges close to sprucedale-hwy 11 way that were waiting to get material from the mill for p2p to do redecking on but were not able to get most in time due to shortages from the mill etc. P2P was able to get material for the one 65' bridge on the west side of sprucedale and south seguin members did the labour redecking it earlier this year and finished. P2P and both snowmobile clubs are working to secure more materials to do at least patch jobs to keep the trail open this season.

Definitely someone knows something! and if you know something, say something!

• Like 7

Definitely someone knows something! and if you know something, say something!

Well said SuperG..

So frustrating that stuff like this happens.. I’ve seen a couple guys offer to help pay for replacing the wood that was stolen that’s really nice to see. 

• Like 1

Just kidding,... but see if the town councilor has something to do with it. He wreaked some of the quads in the past and denied any wrong doing. 

Jerry

52 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Just kidding,... but see if the town councilor has something to do with it. He wreaked some of the quads in the past and denied any wrong doing. 

Jerry

If I am thinking the same guy ....he was re-elected in the last round of municipal elections - Seguin township.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slomo said:

If I am thinking the same guy ....he was re-elected in the last round of municipal elections - Seguin township.

Yeah has to be an inside job no doubt. Someone who would known time line and had a plan ahead of time to grab and transport wood out. 
last time it was him that damaged quad and enturned blammed  his son for stealing quad without permission and rolling it? I believe he reported stolen first too, Id I remember correctly. Wild bill had quite time with it. 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yeah has to be an inside job no doubt. Someone who would known time line and had a plan ahead of time to grab and transport wood out. 
last time it was him that damaged quad and enturned blammed  his son for stealing quad without permission and rolling it? I believe he reported stolen first too, Id I remember correctly. Wild bill had quite time with it. 

I think both grover and I were "just kidding" Happy Farmer. No reason to speculate or blame anyone without some sort of proof. Could have been a chicken farmer looking to replace his barn floors....;)

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, slomo said:

I think both grover and I were "just kidding" Happy Farmer. No reason to speculate or blame anyone without some sort of proof. Could have been a chicken farmer looking to replace his barn floors....;)

I didn’t blame him slomo. After all everyone is proven innocent until proven otherwise. 
I would never buy hot wood. All my wood comes from proven suppliers via my builder, since he does work. I can write it off, so why would I want to pay cash for hot wood and support under ground. That makes absolutely no sense. 
By the way have you got the bridge in across creek yet or still awaiting decking boards? :banghead:

31 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

well people know not to leave things that are loose on both ends laying, that's just an invitation. not trying to be an ass but should have known better

I was thinking the same thing, but figured I would keep my thoughts to myself. Granted, no idea how long it was there for, could have been dropped the day before the work was happening or sat there for days allowing the would be thieves to consider their plans.

Regardless, stealing is a low life act.....it seems that and illegal dumping are getting out of hand.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ToSlow said:

well people know not to leave things that are loose on both ends laying, that's just an invitation. not trying to be an ass but should have known better

yup stop trying, you are!

On 11/17/2020 at 2:36 PM, stoney said:

I was thinking the same thing, but figured I would keep my thoughts to myself. Granted, no idea how long it was there for, could have been dropped the day before the work was happening or sat there for days allowing the would be thieves to consider their plans.

Regardless, stealing is a low life act.....it seems that and illegal dumping are getting out of hand.

That is standard practice to drop materials at a site before work begins. Everyone does that at least one day, before work

begins. Unfortunate this happens. Hopefully park to park has insurance and materials get replaced in time for volunteers to repair bridge. 

• Like 1