2021 Winter of great divide!

Strong Farmer

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/mobile/cold-and-totally-flaky-farmers-almanac-predicts-a-snowy-winter-for-ottawa-rest-of-ontario-1.5076815

So far this is complexity accurate. Out west is very snowy and cold. My friend said he was out all day yesterday boasting vehicles that wouldn’t start in Alberta’s minis 25 C temperatures. 
I guess we are in for a total flakey winter, whatever that means. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Another year of record freeze and thaw cycles?

Mother Nature sure has been flaky. 

Government weed smoking flaky.

Yup. Costing me 2 permits now as well as travel expenses

11 minutes ago, signfan said:

Please not again.  Nothing more depressing then 25 mm of rain 3rd week of January.  Then again third week of February.

Well, if we cannot ride due to the beer flu, i would rather have it poor rain all winter,  then to know there is white pavement somewhere unrideable....

2 minutes ago, signfan said:

There will be riding as long as we have snow.

There will be snow but have to get out right away to ride it, in D5 anyways :D. Frozen ground going to be hard to come by in south this winter. O2 sled seems to think we are in line for a few Polar Bear vortex’s this winter. :smil9:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Frozen ground going to be hard to come by in south this winter. O2 sled seems to think we are in line for a few Polar Bear vortex’s this winter. 

Just don't bitch and complain when it is cccccold.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:22 AM, Strong Farmer said:

There will be snow but have to get out right away to ride it, in D5 anyways :D. Frozen ground going to be hard to come by in south this winter. O2 sled seems to think we are in line for a few Polar Bear vortex’s this winter. :smil9:

yes i to believe we are in for a few polar vortex, but the problem will be getting them first before the whopping amount of white gold

• Like 1

Just now, SuperG said:

yes i to believe we are in for a few polar vortex, but the problem will be getting them first before the whopping amount of white gold

Wed in Toronto daytime high of 1 and overnight low of -7

23 minutes ago, SuperG said:

Polar bear vortex not a regular polar vortex. Bear one comes with 4 feet of snow like a hurricane does with heavy rain and can’t see nothing for a good 36 to 48 hours. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, stoney said:

If I recall the last time we had a good Polar Vortex, it was too cold to snow, not the ideal situation.....and of course they were in Jan and Feb vs. Dec when they are really needed.

My friend gets polar bear ones that come I. Drop 16” of sugar snow and then cold funnels in afterwards and swirls it all up. He is close to hay river in Alberta. So I was hoping we get something similar here, but it has been since I was 5, that we last had a blizzard here, that closed roads and snowed us in. 

'78 was a good year eh?

LOL!

IDK aboot y'all's Polar Vortex's, but in 13/14 you could see a winter map from NOAA that essentially showed Michigan as dark blue. 

It wreched down just enough accrost the Ohio line to catch me too.

LP in short supply, so we fired up two pellet burners that we hadn't been using to heat farm house and shop. I could still git LP, but I had other options, so I went the other route so some old couple didn't run out on my account.

I had snow piled everywhere!

edit:

We kept puting off our last ride to Wawa in March b/c is was still so bloody cold!

I figgered that one of these days -20 was going to turn into +5, so as the calendar kept Marching on, I kept gitt'n nervous...

We finally went the end of March 2014, and it was still very cold, and the one night that we were out 'till 2am, the sky was so clear that you could see more stars than you knew was possible. Just as dense as a good night at 13,000' in Colorado! There were so many stars that you couldn't begin to see constelations. ... and yet it was so cold that it was condensing snowflakes out of the tad bit of moisture in the air anyhow....

This was just the beginning @ Jan 7th:

DSCN0572.JPG

Edited by Ox
  • Like 3