Crazy warm weather.

Strong Farmer

Looks like we are a little on toasty side going into last half of November. Showing temps of 9 C for later next week too and around zero mark at night for Kitchener area. Reminds me of 1999 year I bought my first new skidoo snowmobile and had two so, so weekends to ride it in southern Ontario. Was real warm that fall too hopefully not a sign of a repeat, since we will have to blame turbo doo on this one. 

Purty sure that you are meaning the winter of '98/'99 in which you bought a new '99 model year snowmachine?

DecTherm.jpg

The season prior absolutely sucked!

That was the first year that I ever heard the term "El-No-No"

Went to Wyoming between Chrstmas and NY's and it was pathetic. 

Aboot 2' of snow, but it was so dry, that it was like walking on the ground with packing peanuts up to your knees. 

There was absolutely NO substance to it!

Came home and changed the carbs and clutching back for Ontario and called Wawa every day, and they finally got a snort, and we went up after my chum kissed his GF @ midnight. :rolleyes:

Rode to Wawa and back, and that was bad. Hoping to git back to the truck before the snow melted away. 

Jan98SearchmontTrail.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ox said:

Purty sure that you are meaning the winter of '98/'99 in which you bought a new '99 model year snowmachine?

DecTherm.jpg

Yes was January 1998 I mean. That’s a good picture to have. Crazy warm thar day too. 
It was a 1998 skidoo formula Z 583, that I snow checked. Had two weekends of use in southern Ontario and one trip to kearny area. Manged 1000 km’s on it though. Next year was better did 3000 km’s that next winter. 
loved that S2000 chassis skidoo. I see you had a few too. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Looks like we are a little on toasty side going into last half of November. Showing temps of 9 C for later next week too and around zero mark at night for Kitchener area. Reminds me of 1999 year I bought my first new skidoo snowmobile and had two so, so weekends to ride it in southern Ontario. Was real warm that fall too hopefully not a sign of a repeat, since we will have to blame turbo doo on this one. 

Fear not... we are going to have epic snowfalls... so deep you may have trouble driving your truck and trailer to the trails. After all... I sold my wife's sled so it is a given.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

So you can come and pick me up, now that you have room in trailer. :D 

If I was going near your area I would. The sled trailer doesn't move very often... It spends the winter north. I just drive to it, pull it ahead to have room to drop the ramp and back the sled off then ride. It does look really empty though with only one sled.

18 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

It does look really empty though with only one sled.

More head room I am sure! :-D

19 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

If I was going near your area I would. The sled trailer doesn't move very often... It spends the winter north. I just drive to it, pull it ahead to have room to drop the ramp and back the sled off then ride. It does look really empty though with only one sled.

I had a feeling that might be case. How heck you going to drive thru all that snow north of Toronto to get to your sled trailer? If you had trailer on you, could drop sled and ride once truck became stuck in snow. :D

Better get a good pair of snow shoes my friend. 

In doing a cleanup of the garage, I came across the Bill of Sale for my 94 VMax.  My son and I test rode the sled in the field behind the dealership in Sharon prior to signing the deal.  There was a fair amount of snow in the field and riding was OK for a a test track.   The deal was signed November 1, 1999!

11 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

In doing a cleanup of the garage, I came across the Bill of Sale for my 94 VMax.  My son and I test rode the sled in the field behind the dealership in Sharon prior to signing the deal.  There was a fair amount of snow in the field and riding was OK for a a test track.   The deal was signed November 1, 1999!

That must have been close to Custom John’s shop at time? Wow has weather changed. Now lucky to get out in field before xmas now. 

That was Community Cycle which was the building that Custom John would later occupy.

12 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

What is ole Custom John up to these days?

I believe he is running a restaurant at the Edenvale Airport near Stayner... at least I think that's him.

59 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

That was Community Cycle which was the building that Custom John would later occupy.

That then became a cat dealer called ATC, John soon was no more, not surprised......Rick & Jody kept it going, relocated the dealership down the road and then sadly closed the doors.

55 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

What is ole Custom John up to these days?

Nothing good I am sure.....

18 minutes ago, stoney said:

That then became a cat dealer called ATC, John soon was no more, not surprised......Rick & Jody kept it going, relocated the dealership down the road and then sadly closed the doors.

Yeah apparantly he rode some of his customers sleds on weekend and would tell them parts aren’t in yet, when they called to enquire. That’s all I know. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

ATC was good, Jody took care of me the first year I had my Cat.

As for the weather, it was strange setting up my rink last weekend in 25 degree weather and a t-shirt and shorts - felt like when I normally take it down - not set-up.

I hate the warm this time of the year, lets have some winter.

2 hours ago, Spiderman said:

ATC was good, Jody took care of me the first year I had my Cat.

As for the weather, it was strange setting up my rink last weekend in 25 degree weather and a t-shirt and shorts - felt like when I normally take it down - not set-up.

I hate the warm this time of the year, lets have some winter.

Yes, he was a great guy to deal with....heard he left ORPS and moved further north, not sure what he is doing now.

I saw your pictures of the rink on the other forum, nice size and good to get er done while not too bad out, but doesn't give you much motivation to think or do much of winter stuff when we have this type of weather.

Here is hoping we start to slip back into some cold weather, maybe some flurries, frost, etc....before the lake affect kicks in.

Keeping the CAT for another year or still on the fence?

Have y'all still been warm today?

We got aboot 1/2" of rain around midnight and with that came the cold front.

Temps been dropping ever since.

I finished mowing last night. Had a sweatshirt on, but could have been done in a t-shirt. (did the night before) 

But we are in the 30's right now - headed for below freezing tonight.

edit:

My chum was on his way home from Colorado yesterdee. Said it snowed some every day over the weekend out there.

Said was 30* as he hit Kansas - after dark, and it stayed that way for quite a while, when all of a sudden it jumped up to 70*.

He rolled through Indy yesterdee afternoon @ 80*!

Edited by Ox

14 minutes ago, Ox said:

Have y'all still been warm today?

We got aboot 1/2" of rain around midnight and with that came the cold front.

Temps been dropping ever since.

I finished mowing last night. Had a sweatshirt on, but could have been done in a t-shirt. (did the night before) 

But we are in the 30's right now - headed for below freezing tonight.

edit:

My chum was on his way home from Colorado yesterdee. Said it snowed some every day over the weekend out there.

Said was 30* as he hit Kansas - after dark, and it stayed that way for quite a while, when all of a sudden it jumped up to 70*.

He rolled through Indy yesterdee afternoon @ 80*!

It was warm and a tad Humid this am in the shop. But it gradually cooled down thru the day

Better fall temps now....

was almost 80 here yesterday in central lower Michigan. 38 today, low overnight is supposed to be around 32. long term forecast shows 53-40 for highs, for the next 14 days. going to ride dirt bikes tomorrow. :D Ski 

16 hours ago, stoney said:

Yes, he was a great guy to deal with....heard he left ORPS and moved further north, not sure what he is doing now.

I saw your pictures of the rink on the other forum, nice size and good to get er done while not too bad out, but doesn't give you much motivation to think or do much of winter stuff when we have this type of weather.

Here is hoping we start to slip back into some cold weather, maybe some flurries, frost, etc....before the lake affect kicks in.

Keeping the CAT for another year or still on the fence?

Keeping it for now - been on the fence kind of waiting to see what kind or hockey season we're going to have - looking like none - so leaning towards replacing it - just not motivated yet.

9 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Keeping it for now - been on the fence kind of waiting to see what kind or hockey season we're going to have - looking like none - so leaning towards replacing it - just not motivated yet.

I would wait to long to decide, inventory is at an all time low everywhere

My cousins are lookin' to unload a pr of 1990's Doo Touring type sleds (with covers)  if you are looking.

My uncle has been gone since '99, but they till sit in my G-ma's garage - much to her dismay...

My aunt just died this summer, so they are motivated to unload now.

No clue why my aunt wouldn't unload'm all these years?

She may have - had they been sitting in HER garage! 

Prolly make you a screamin' pkg deal!

Only 3 hrs from International Bridge... 

;)

Edited by Ox

3 minutes ago, Ox said:

My cousins are lookin' to unload a pr of 1990's Doo Touring type sleds (with covers)  if you are looking.

My uncle has been gone since '99, but they till sit in my G-ma's garage - much to her dismay...

My aunt just died this summer, so they are motivated to unload now.

No clue why my aunt wouldn't unload'm all these years?

She may have - had they been sitting in HER garage! 

Prolly make you a screamin' pkg deal!

Only 3 hrs from International Bridge... 

;)

We'd have to fly in as I  don't believe wecan drive across the border to buy a sled.