How OFSC Flex Trails would work to keep us riding!

XTC500

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

Thought I would revisit this since its about the OFSC Flex trails  and now we have heath units in different colours  and we are trying to make trip plans   We are in Red  and booked at Sturgean Falls and Auld Reekie                     Just FYI check out Edgewaters web page and what they say about travelling out of your area     I know others have booked    Cochrane as eg   Any issues with address of where you come from ?     Which colour is Pembroke in and what heath unit ?    Also one concern could be  that OFSC will have no control over is if the First Nations close up trail like they did in Quebec    Again not fear mongering just trying to get input and advice    Things have changed since OFSC has developed this plan I am thinking 

For a booking in Cochrane I was asked where I will be coming from, if it is a red zone I was told you should not be travelling , but if you do the cleaning staff will not do daily chores in your room unless you are willing to pay an extra daily fee  ($20 times two people) for cleaning and at the end of your stay. Sounded like hazard pay compensation

7 minutes ago, signfan said:

and here I was thinking that there was some section of trail... possibly a rail bed open.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

For a booking in Cochrane I was asked where I will be coming from, if it is a red zone I was told you should not be travelling , but if you do the cleaning staff will not do daily chores in your room unless you are willing to pay an extra daily fee  ($20 times two people) for cleaning and at the end of your stay. Sounded like hazard pay compensation

thanks

3 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Which hotel told you this? We booked didn’t and hear any mention of it but makes sense to me. We are not in a red zone at this point anyway but just trying to be aware of any and all possible situations. 

50 minutes ago, willb said:

Which hotel told you this? We booked didn’t and hear any mention of it but makes sense to me. We are not in a red zone at this point anyway but just trying to be aware of any and all possible situations. 

Westaway , I just called back to confirm and they said they weren't sure how they will handle guests from red zones, perhaps just leave towels for you somewhere, take out your own garbage... one of the options is the one I explained earlier

Edited by Muskoka Bill

Just chatted with Curtis, Brian and Kathys son at the Westway.  They said yes to red zone visitors.  Please use your common sense and stay the #%## home if your not feeling well at all etc. For 1 night only rooms, its good to go. If you are booking a room,  and using it for more then 1 day, they are not doing the usual daily cleaning. Keeps potential exposure to the cleaning staff at a minimum.  You can request more towels etc from the office, and they may have a spot to get them from in the hallway in the building closer to Tim Hortons, but will see how the first few group of visitors goes. Trying to have only 1 person in the office at a time for check in etc. MASKS PLEASE.  And in the section that is close to Tim Hortons,  please use your common sense, also wear  MASKS in the hallway. 

Lets do our part to not screw this up for all of our fellow sledders. 

Yes we have rooms booked. B)

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 3

Also i have talked to the Companion Inn in Hearst.  The restaurant in not open for Breakfast.  They are doing a continental breakfast,  and ask that you go get it, and return to your room. MASKS used outside of room please.  Doing room service for supper if you request that, and alcohol to your room. Sounds like restaurant is good for lunch and dinner. Not sure about seating, but was told that some of the rooms they have in the restaurant,  could be used to seperate your group, or a larger party. All with local health protocols of course.  Again, lets not try and screw this up. 

We have rooms booked next door at the old Queens,  which is a super 8 now. Companion Inn and Super 8 have same owner now. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Just chatted with Curtis, Brian and Kathys son at the Westway.  They said yes to red zone visitors.  Please use your common sense and stay the #%## home if your not feeling well at all etc. For 1 night only rooms, its good to go. If you are booking a room,  and using it for more then 1 day, they are not doing the usual daily cleaning. Keeps potential exposure to the cleaning staff at a minimum.  You can request more towels etc from the office, and they may have a spot to get them from in the hallway in the building closer to Tim Hortons, but will see how the first few group of visitors goes. Trying to have only 1 person in the office at a time for check in etc. MASKS PLEASE.  And in the section that is close to Tim Hortons,  please use your common sense, also wear  MASKS in the hallway. 

Lets do our part to not screw this up for all of our fellow sledders. 

Yes we have rooms booked. B)

45 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Also i have talked to the Companion Inn in Hearst.  The restaurant in not open for Breakfast.  They are doing a continental breakfast,  and ask that you go get it, and return to your room. MASKS used outside of room please.  Doing room service for supper if you request that, and alcohol to your room. Sounds like restaurant is good for lunch and dinner. Not sure about seating, but was told that some of the rooms they have in the restaurant,  could be used to seperate your group, or a larger party. All with local health protocols of course.  Again, lets not try and screw this up. 

We have rooms booked next door at the old Queens,  which is a super 8 now. Companion Inn and Super 8 have same owner now. 

Thanks for all the info TD!!  

6 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

When I went to Huntsville they told me there was no daily chores period. Just ask for extra towels. Be safer to have no one entering room anyway’s. 

43 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

When I went to Huntsville they told me there was no daily chores period. Just ask for extra towels. Be safer to have no one entering room anyway’s. 

we got the same thing back in October when we spend a weekend at Blue Mountain, it’s a safer option for everyone 

So  one more question if anyone can answer      The OFSC pandemic plan and Flex trail ability was prepared in October    In the press release they talked of and gave examples of regions in different stages      That is not the case as we have colours now      Any updates from OFSC ?       One thing I did read there which is        that snowmobiling is not deemed an essential service     Gonna be very interesting what happens in the next bit  

6 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

So  one more question if anyone can answer      The OFSC pandemic plan and Flex trail ability was prepared in October    In the press release they talked of and gave examples of regions in different stages      That is not the case as we have colours now      Any updates from OFSC ?       One thing I did read there which is        that snowmobiling is not deemed an essential service     Gonna be very interesting what happens in the next bit  

Rumor has it all red tears are going to get locked down soon. That makes majority of southern Ontario. Have a feeling ofsc is going to pull plug again, just like they did last spring for 28 days or so. Prove me wrong ofsc!  Could be no trails until end of January when restrictions lift, just in time for three or four week south season. 

50 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Rumor has it all red tears are going to get locked down soon. That makes majority of southern Ontario. Have a feeling ofsc is going to pull plug again, just like they did last spring for 28 days or so. Prove me wrong ofsc!  Could be no trails until end of January when restrictions lift, just in time for three or four week south season. 

I think you are having a deja vu moment.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think you are having a deja vu moment.

We were told last nite that OFSC has mandated that we can't groom trails that lead from a red zone to green!

On 12/13/2020 at 4:58 PM, Turbo Doo said:

No problem.  Lets all just use some common sense, and lets all hope we can ride the North this season. 

Well said but It seems like common sense is hard to come by nowadays, just like that bday party in Vaughan last week :banghead:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

Well said but It seems like common sense is hard to come by nowadays, just like that bday party in Vaughan last week :banghead:

No kidding.  Totally agree. And these are the ones who are ruining it for us as we speak..

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 2