new best western hotel - parry sound for early 2021

slomo

New hotel going up in the busy south end of Parry Sound adjacent to the Walmart / Home Depot anchored area:

https://www.parrysound.com/community-story/10225488-what-s-going-on-here-new-best-western-hotel-in-parry-sound/

Not too trail accessible although I believe there is a trail to behind Canadian Tire - once the OFSC map is out can confirm. Still going to be a bit of sparking to get there:

bwps.thumb.jpg.d9c6cbd8b03bdcc6ea5d91e512708e47.jpg

No description of the facilities yet.

I'm getting used to driving to these towns, unloading trail side, sledding for the day, loading and heading to hotel for night 1. Wake up, drive to same trailhead or one half hour away for variety. Ride, reload, back to hotel. 

Sudbury's an example ( tho usually drive up in evening, leave sleds on trailer, ride to STP yard in am, trailer back to hotel). Shake, stir, repeat.

Can't fight development, trail closures, goat path ' spur line' grooming.

In Parry sound, our preferred hotel was actually at the north end. Canada's Value Inn. Since buying cottage south of PS, no need for hotel ( tho boating, stayed at this hotel on a cold fall trip a few years ago. Kids swam, we had a bonfire behind. Nice memory. North to Britt and Killarney after that, similar lodgings...Marina in Britt-  hotel and Sportsmans, Killarney).

Plan for trails - make bridge ramps wider - it's been done, with success. If not, trailer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wildbill said:

We stock carbides the town has no provision for a trail 

Is the local spur trail to the back of Canadian Tire closed? I remember a few people headed toward the Shell station further on from Canadian Tire. Haven't been that way myself in a long time. I am not sure this map is entirely accurate either: 

pomap.thumb.jpg.a9a84843844ab142264a96b3cf223cb5.jpg

As there will be three major hotels in that immediate area, Canuck's strategy of short trailering to trail might work here - short dodge to Seguin Trail parking areas and other side of the road locales. Two places on the north end of town should have access to the C alt business trail - Canada Inns (Best Value) and  Trappers motel. 

As for the yet unopened Best Western, there has been expensive blasting going on all summer and a very large amount of rock removed to lower the site to that of the rest of the surroundings. Someone must figure there is a market for another hotel in the area.

8 hours ago, slomo said:

As for the yet unopened Best Western, there has been expensive blasting going on all summer and a very large amount of rock removed to lower the site to that of the rest of the surroundings. Someone must figure there is a market for another hotel in the area.

If you recall the blasting for the Petro Canada in Port Severn - it's either 'less costly' than we think (unlikely) or there's money in gas stations, hotels. 

Port Severn went on for months. Seemed like empty, flat land in the area. They chose to blast. Busy Tim horton's, etc. - good for them.

5 hours ago, Canuck said:

If you recall the blasting for the Petro Canada in Port Severn - it's either 'less costly' than we think (unlikely) or there's money in gas stations, hotels. 

Port Severn went on for months. Seemed like empty, flat land in the area. They chose to blast. Busy Tim horton's, etc. - good for them.

Have had some experience in underground mining - not cheap! In addition,  I bet a whole slew of environmental and safety protocols which usually aren't necessary to consider while in an underground work place that could hold about 10 small sized houses. Was interesting to watch them set up their patterns...they may have been using chemical as opposed to blasting material for some of the operation. 

Location, location, location....

On 10/19/2020 at 10:09 PM, Strong Farmer said:

All new ones aren’t trail accessible. Almost like they don’t want snowmobiles. Huntsville same way with new hotels too. 

Pembroke's Holiday Inn and Best Western are easily trail accessible

The Quality Inn in Petawawa is across from TOP A. I think Slomo can confirm whether the new establishment directly on TOP A in Petawawa has rooms or suites.

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

Pembroke's Holiday Inn and Best Western are easily trail accessible

The Quality Inn in Petawawa is across from TOP A. I think Slomo can confirm whether the new establishment directly on TOP A in Petawawa has rooms or suites.

Looks like studios (full kitchen)  and suites (separate bedroom, kitchen) revrnd. And they are now open. Right on the trail and restaurants (if you dare) across the street or in walking distance. 

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ywats-towneplace-suites-petawawa

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'm guessing the 2 posts above are unpaid advertising by a new member with with no profile info and a dubious location. JMHO

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm guessing the 2 posts above are unpaid advertising by a new member with with no profile info and a dubious location. JMHO

Maybe they will be a ofsc map sponsor then. They know enough to look here and know ofsc map exists. That’s a plus and a snowmobile only parking area with security camera’s be nice too, to attract riders. 😎

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I have taken care of the spammer... Thanks

• Like 1