Expedition vs Renegade

signfan

Anyone own one of the new expedition sleds?  How do you find it vs a traditional trail sled.  Is there many sacrifices going to these utility sleds for trail riding?  Do they push in corners?  Big loss in suspension performance?  For someone that is 90% trail riding and 10% utility (move a cord of firewood a year, pull the sleigh into the cottage breaking trail, etc.) is this the way to go?  Or better to just add a sleigh hitch to a renegade?  For years the answer was clear, but given the improvements recently made to the sport utility market has this changed?

Edited by signfan

I'm in the same predicament, sold my 16 Blizzard and am looking at a 21 Expedition Sport.

I have moved to the west coast of Newfoundland so will be doing more off trail riding.

Want a 900Ace  so I think I am out of luck with the Renegade as the track drops to 137.

Expedition is $16,5 out the door with a few accessories here. 

No budge on the price as they are having some trouble getting them in.

I saw a lot of them a few years ago when we did the Gaspe 

A lot of both narrow & wide tracks here, only thing I here is the Sport can be a little tippy and the they both push in the corners. 

Good luck in your search. 

I own the Polaris Titan which is similar to the Expedition.  20” x 155 track.

It is a bigger sled that can be trail ridden quite comfortably.  I purchased it for some ice fishing and hunt camp visits.  Plus for 2 up capabilities. 

I have almost 1,900miles on it last year and I have ridden it on a couple weekends in Quebec.   One weekend was pretty aggressive riding and no issues keeping up with the group.  You can tell it’s a big machine but I found the ride was quite comfortable.  

And when others were buried off trail I easily broke trail around them.  

I rode with a Expedition for 2 days in Quebec.   I think it was a 16” wide track.  The owner enjoyed the Expedition.  We also saw a few 20” Expeditions in Mont Laurier area.  The one couple doubling loved the Expedition and the ride.  

From my my experience and I know a couple others who also love their Titans I would say the Expedition or the Titan are good sleds to own. That being said I did purchase a 2020 Polaris Assault that I will Try out but I am also keeping the Titan.  

I met a couple of guys last year in Rimouski who were riding Expedition Extreme 850s.    They both really liked them.    They said they were better machines on trail than they expected them to be and were unstoppable off trail.