Sault Ste. Marie - 2020-2021 - Season

Dan-Senior

T-D... snowmobiling to wing night?

• 2 weeks later...

Snowmobiling Updates - SSM

Snow has been hard to come by in the Sault Ste. Marie region this winter. We had green grass up until 2 days ago.

Today was the 1st opportunity to get out riding this month.

IMG_20201215_134721.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks Dan. Late, but still encouraging. As they keep repeating, "there's light at the end of the tunnel".

• Like 1

It must have been '99 (?) when there just wasn't any snow at all, and then a big 3' dump the week of Christmas.

The Lafarge lady from Searchmont said that it was hard to git in the Christmas spirit when there's no white, as they all but never are green that late in the year.

But again - they got 3 or 3-1/2' in one dump - JIT for Christmas.

And we was there to put tracks in it! :D

Heading out for a day ride now.  Will be targeting higher elevations north of Sault Ste. Marie as decent snow-depth is currently hard to come by.  I may have a few photos by tonight. 

• Like 4

no spot to watch your travels? asking for a friend! :D  Ski

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2020 at 7:05 PM, Ox said:

It must have been '99 (?) when there just wasn't any snow at all, and then a big 3' dump the week of Christmas.

The Lafarge lady from Searchmont said that it was hard to git in the Christmas spirit when there's no white, as they all but never are green that late in the year.

But again - they got 3 or 3-1/2' in one dump - JIT for Christmas.

And we was there to put tracks in it! :D

We almost still green in southern Ontario now, no frost. I could dig a swimming pool by hand if I wanted too. I think all buildings that have added for last 20 years have changed climate locally. Drive into Kitchener this morning and there was almost no fog. In county can’t see anything. All those buildings radiate out heat into atmosphere and change Climate, no doubt. No cold weather in sight yet and almost January. 

55 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

We almost still green in southern Ontario now, no frost. I could dig a swimming pool by hand if I wanted too. I think all buildings that have added for last 20 years have changed climate locally. Drive into Kitchener this morning and there was almost no fog. In county can’t see anything. All those buildings radiate out heat into atmosphere and change Climate, no doubt. No cold weather in sight yet and almost January. 

Shhh! Trudeau will want all those building torn down so he can save the world single handed... don't forget the deep concern for the methane gas given off by animals

18 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Shhh! Trudeau will want all those building torn down so he can save the world single handed... don't forget the deep concern for the methane gas given off by animals

Our animal production is a drop in bucket compared to our us counterparts. Thier farms are 20 times size of our animal production on average. No money in lower volume farms without supply management. That’s been proven and they are heavily subsidized too. Us doesn’t even have a carbon plan either. Soon we won’t even be able to breathe here without some sort of air quality tax too. 

Snow Depth is good north of Sault Ste. Marie. 35+ cms in the mountains. We are close to 1900' elevation

IMG_20201220_113748.jpg

Edited by Dan-Senior
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Dan. Looks marvellous!

• Like 1

Today's Snowmobile Trip north of Sault Ste. Marie

• Like 6

On 12/20/2020 at 8:52 AM, skidooboy said:

no spot to watch your travels? asking for a friend! :D  Ski

Hey Ski,  I did bring the SPOT and Chad had his InReach, but we just never fired them up.  I'll share the SPOT next time out.  Hope all is well.  Your Dirt Bike is looking awesome in those photos you shared.

• Thanks 1

Sault Ste Marie - Updates

Reasonable snow-depth is starting to take shape north of the City, particularly in higher elevations.  Batchawana Mountain is in one of the photos. 

IMG_20201220_120018.jpg

IMG_20201220_131306.jpg

IMG_20201220_133724.jpg

• Like 5