Arctic Cat ZR7000 El Tigre

02Sled

36 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

If you get hit with a bucket of $h!t,

be sure to close your eyes!!!

You know - I used'ta be able to rattle that whole thing off, but now I forget how it starts out...

I seem to store more and more in a zip file, and while it's still there - somewhere, some of the links seem to be broken sometimes. :o

Can you git me started?

Maybe "listen listen"?

Boy, my remembery jist aint what it once was when I didn't have so much to remember....

Edited by Ox

2 hours ago, Ox said:

Well Shirley the porpoise of "air-chocks mahn" is to address a variable load application.

Is there one 150# person on board, or two 300# people?

And the second one clear to the back will count double than the front person as well.

So - that is a 6 to 1 variable in load.

Who the F is mounting coil shocks upside down on a sled. And what Trend?. Wow.:roll::crazy::icon_gunhead::headbang:...

• Haha 1

I've seen the OEM's doo this already.

Seems odd, but what doo I know.

I've never been a fancy shock guy.

If the trail is rough enough to justify fancy shocks, I will find some 'nother place to ride or slow down, not git a snowcross machine.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stoney said:

Years ago people with progressive rate shocks vs linear would flip them, I recall discussion surrounding this but I am not sure what the benefit was, if any.

Well, sometimes I know that it was just a clearance issue.

IDK if there is another reason to doo this or not.

Possibly getting the body down into the cooling of the snow a bit better maybe?

One year I brought home twins.  They were a set of CrossFire 700's.  The shocks were put on opposite directions from the dealer.  I asked why and they said no reason, but if you want them the same, they would change them.  Never did and never seemed to matter. 

When air shocks were stiff enough to not squat in turns, they kicked hard all the way back to the bars.  Hate air shocks for trails.  Lighter the better in deep snow and the snow is the shock absorber.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ox said:

You know - I used'ta be able to rattle that whole thing off, but now I forget how it starts out...

I seem to store more and more in a zip file, and while it's still there - somewhere, some of the links seem to be broken sometimes. :o

Can you git me started?

Maybe "listen listen"?

Boy, my remembery jist aint what it once was when I didn't have so much to remember....

Nope, got that one figgered out, that is some other BS rhyme. LOL!

2 hours ago, Ox said:

Now that you mention the clearance thing, I recall that as one of the reasons to reverse them.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 2:21 PM, Ox said:

doesn't   matter which way a shock is mounted, rebound and compression does not change with shock orientation.

What do you call upside down ?  Cat mounts the shocks both ways depending on the shock.  Old ZL machines without Fox shocks were mounted with the rod up, body down.  My XF7000 LXR 2015 is that way too.  Old ZR's with Fox shocks have the body up and rod down.  The remote resevour Fox shocks had the resevour clamped to the top of the wheel house with a gear clamp.  The Fox shocks only fit this way.  Most new sleds with adjustable piggyback resevours mount body up for clearance.  It does not matter for the shock action.  Just mounting clearance.  IMO rod down reduces unsprung weight.  But the rod is more subject to being peppered with trail crap making a rough rod and oil leakage.

I recall the springs only being reversed from year to year, springs that were progressive rate that is that had a larger OD at one end vs. the other end.....and only for clearance issues with the front suspension parts.

20 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Hey 02 sled, the new owner is loving the new to him sled.

Over 50km on it already playing in fields.

EBB78174-4DEC-41F6-8E1E-9EDEB39B6ABC.jpeg

where is this?

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Around Oro I believe.   They have property on Simcoe and around the area.  

Looks promising... apparently they have about 12 inches in Wasaga... southern Georgian Bay area could be soon...