Arctic Cat ZR7000 El Tigre

02Sled

My wife has decided she is done with sledding. Time to sell her barely used 2015 Arctic Cat ZR7000 El Tigre. It has 763 km on the odometer. 135 HP Yamaha 3 cylinder fuel injected 4 stroke engine, Arctic race suspension, air shocks and pump, heated seat, tilt handlebars, mid height windshield, Arctic Cat mirrors, side panel wind deflectors, spare belt, 9.9 gal / 37.5 l fuel capacity. Instrument cluster includes, trip 1, trip 2 and full odometer, hour meter, clock, speedometer, temperature bar gauge with a numeric temp display, fuel gauge bar, voltage meter, 1.25 in. rip saw track, 12 V power outlet, adjustable ski stance and more. The heated seat was a big plus according to my wife. She did one ride each season and invariably it was a very cold day.

It has been serviced each season and kept in a fully enclosed trailer. It was started last week for the first time since being serviced for summer storage and fired up right away without any hesitation. Mint condition. I hate to sell it but if she is done she is done.

Asking $8,900.00 for a sled that had a list price of approx. $16,000.00ZR7000.JPG.e55a82015ae435173d9fee09fb97ead6.JPG

Edited by 02Sled

Oh how I wish you posted this 3 weeks ago!! This would have been perfect for my better half since I’ve been on cats For the last 10 years!! Instead she’s now in the yellow club!..... which is really twisting my arm!!.... I wanna 8fiddy!! Torn between poo or doo!.... rode poo for first 10 years! Never have had it in me to pull the trigger on a doo!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 02Sled said:

My wife has decided she is done with sledding. Time to sell her barely used 2015 Arctic Cat ZR7000 El Tigre. It has 763 km on the odometer. 135 HP Yamaha 3 cylinder fuel injected 4 stroke engine, Arctic race suspension, air shocks and pump, heated seat, tilt handlebars, mid height windshield, Arctic Cat mirrors, side panel wind deflectors, spare belt, 9.9 gal / 37.5 l fuel capacity. Instrument cluster includes, trip 1, trip 2 and full odometer, hour meter, clock, speedometer, temperature bar gauge with a numeric temp display, fuel gauge bar, voltage meter, 1.25 in. rip saw track, 12 V power outlet, adjustable ski stance and more. The heated seat was a big plus according to my wife. She did one ride each season and invariably it was a very cold day.

It has been serviced each season and kept in a fully enclosed trailer. It was started last week for the first time since being serviced for summer storage and fired up right away without any hesitation. Mint condition. I hate to sell it but if she is done she is done.

Asking $8,900.00 for a sled that had a list price of approx. $16,000.00ZR7000.JPG.e55a82015ae435173d9fee09fb97ead6.JPG

Just keep it, since you know once it’s gone, she is going to want to ride yours. 

7 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Just keep it, since you know once it’s gone, she is going to want to ride yours. 

Yeah... I thought of that last year and held onto it then but she is definitely done.

• 3 weeks later...

02, have yo tried kijiji? Your wife's sled seems like too good a machine to have not sold yet. All the best in recycling that ride. Somebody is going to get a beauty.

Congratulations!!

Sold yesterday. Trailer looks empty without it. I get home and my wife says... probably would have kept it had there been more snow lately. The washboard jars my neck and back and I don't like riding snirt. I could have shot her.

Edited by 02Sled
  • Haha 2

02sled, did you give any thought to trading in on a newer model?

LOL

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Sold yesterday. Trailer looks empty without it. I get home and my wife says... probably would have kept it had there been more snow lately. The washboard jars my neck and back and I don't like riding snirt. I could have shot her.

If your interested I know of a 2015 ZR 700 that you could buy for $10,000.

mint condition.  Previous owner meticulous with maintenance.  

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Blake G said:

LOL

I still have mine and am quite happy with it or do you mean trading in the wife's sled? She wouldn't be happy with any sled ride. The one we sold had air shocks that could be adjusted to a precise level. Her biggest complaint though was the helmet made her feel like a bobble head and she got a sore neck. I will admit she has a point in some aspects. Perfectly smooth trail in the morning is often trash by lunch time with the throttle jockeys that can't just ride but have to keep digging holes.

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I still have mine and am quite happy with it or do you mean trading in the wife's sled? She wouldn't be happy with any sled ride. The one we sold had air shocks that could be adjusted to a precise level. Her biggest complaint though was the helmet made her feel like a bobble head and she got a sore neck. I will admit she has a point in some aspects. Perfectly smooth trail in the morning is often trash by lunch time with the throttle jockeys that can't just ride but have to keep digging holes.

I know not really a discussion at this point, but the Fox air shocks are not what I would call ideal for a nice ride, they have their limitation and there are other shocks that are way better from a comfort standpoint.....can re-valve the air shocks of course, but still not  ideal in the plush comfort criteria.

There are some very light weight helmets on the market that make a big difference with neck fatigue - I am not certain, but I thought you had the Doo older modular helmet with the breath box, which are probably one of the heaviest helmets out there, I have one and compared to my MX helmet, there is a big difference in weight.

Ride weekday, especially if you are retired or semi retired.....trails are much better.

I do not think none of the above would have made a difference anyways in the decision, but some food for thought.

7 hours ago, Blake G said:

LOL

Are we still talking snowmobiles?

:grin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

New sleds and milder winters real hard to get a nice flat trail in south central ontario on weekends. I have been turning to hailburton forest on saturdays if princess joins me and wants to ride double. No complaints out of there and they groom every night on weekends.,

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 1

I've had good luck with smooth trails in the south but usually during mid week or weekend early mornings

Glad the sled sold quickly for you 02, now you can spend the cash on a new sled for you …… ha ha!

snowing in Kitchener this morning and Parry Sound radio calling for -13 C windchill tonight...……….here's hoping a good winter for all is coming

Edited by Sledguy74
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

I've had good luck with smooth trails in the south but usually during mid week or weekend early mornings

Glad the sled sold quickly for you 02, now you can spend the cast on a new sled for you …… ha ha!

snowing in Kitchener this morning and Parry Sound radio calling for -13 C windchill tonight...……….here's hoping a good winter for all is coming

South can actually be smoother then muskoa most Saturday mornings. Friday is a good ride day too. I try to get out Tuesday  thru Friday with odd weekend ride. 

17 hours ago, stoney said:

I know not really a discussion at this point, but the Fox air shocks are not what I would call ideal for a nice ride, they have their limitation and there are other shocks that are way better from a comfort standpoint.....can re-valve the air shocks of course, but still not  ideal in the plush comfort criteria.

There are some very light weight helmets on the market that make a big difference with neck fatigue - I am not certain, but I thought you had the Doo older modular helmet with the breath box, which are probably one of the heaviest helmets out there, I have one and compared to my MX helmet, there is a big difference in weight.

Ride weekday, especially if you are retired or semi retired.....trails are much better.

I do not think none of the above would have made a difference anyways in the decision, but some food for thought.

Totally agree with the air shocks being a terrible ride on hard trails.  I will never have them again.  I had several sets over the years and added additional air chambers and changed as much as possible.

20 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

Totally agree with the air shocks being a terrible ride on hard trails.  I will never have them again.  I had several sets over the years and added additional air chambers and changed as much as possible.

My friend had those too, like 10 years ago. New trend has been to mount coil shocks upside down, which gives a much better ride on new sleds. Advantage of air shocks were weight shavings I believe. New skidoo’s with rear air shocks and coil over shocks on front give a nice ride. 

13 hours ago, Canuck said:

Are we still talking snowmobiles?

:grin:

If you ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

My friend had those too, like 10 years ago. New trend has been to mount coil shocks upside down, which gives a much better ride on new sleds. Advantage of air shocks were weight shavings I believe. New skidoo’s with rear air shocks and coil over shocks on front give a nice ride. 

Well Shirley the porpoise of "air-chocks mahn" is to address a variable load application.

Is there one 150# person on board, or two 300# people?

And the second one clear to the back will count double than the front person as well.

So - that is a 6 to 1 variable in load.