Wing Night Friday Oct 2

Blackstar

20 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I seen you guys had a sold out night. Congrats. Hope to make it to the next one.:right_on:

It went very well. First try at take out only wing night. Order on the porch at window A and Pickup when name called at window B.  Best way to handle this covid deal when there is limited square feet floor area inside to social distance a big crowd. the 40 creek wings are still awesome!

57 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It went very well. First try at take out only wing night. Order on the porch at window A and Pickup when name called at window B.  Best way to handle this covid deal when there is limited square feet floor area inside to social distance a big crowd. the 40 creek wings are still awesome!

Woot woot. Looking forward to the next one.  

Good job plc and gang. Whole sale prices on jumbo wings are good too. I just checked with my supplier going for 3.18 a pound for jumbo split wings at moment. Should be a good fundraiser this winter for you guys. Get a drive thru line going if trails open. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Good job plc and gang. Whole sale prices on jumbo wings are good too. I just checked with my supplier going for 3.18 a pound for jumbo split wings at moment. Should be a good fundraiser this winter for you guys. Get a drive thru line going if trails open. 

It's a few other people that deserve the accolades for running the wing night not me. All I did was enjoy eating those 40 Creek delights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, Strong Farmer said:

We pay more than that. $3.75/lbs if I remember correctly.

Really not much of a fund raiser at these sales levels and with no alcohol sales but it’s something to do. Keeps people involved.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

We pay more than that. $3.75/lbs if I remember correctly.

Really not much of a fund raiser at these sales levels and with no alcohol sales but it’s something to do. Keeps people involved.

Retail price this week for 5.0 kg of jumbo wings, fresh too. I am sure if you bought 200 kg or so they give you an even better deal. Prices are pretty good at moment. Mediums are 4 dollars less. 
So did club give up alcohol license with Covid, since Doesn’t it cost a yearly fee with higher insurance costs too? 

AD3B42F0-FD90-469F-B700-146D6A85DD0A.png

Edited by Strong Farmer

On 10/16/2020 at 2:41 PM, Strong Farmer said:

Retail price this week for 5.0 kg of jumbo wings, fresh too. I am sure if you bought 200 kg or so they give you an even better deal. Prices are pretty good at moment. Mediums are 4 dollars less. 
So did club give up alcohol license with Covid, since Doesn’t it cost a yearly fee with higher insurance costs too? 

AD3B42F0-FD90-469F-B700-146D6A85DD0A.png

We buy from St Clements Poultry  like most everyone else.

Our licensing and insurance are all in place for the season with hopes that things will change.

Edited by Blackstar

On 10/17/2020 at 10:35 PM, Blackstar said:

We buy from St Clements Poultry  like most everyone else.

Our licensing and insurance are all in place for the season with hopes that things will change.

I figure you would say that. Long time tradition I know. Good to support local business, no doubt. 
Next wing night we can order a beer via take out window and you can put it in a plastic cup? We can enjoy it and wings out in parking lot or have part of parking lot designed off as outside eating area and put signs up no more then x amount of people? Great conditioning for us to be out in dark and cold to prepare for sled season.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I figure you would say that. Long time tradition I know. Good to support local business, no doubt. 
Next wing night we can order a beer via take out window and you can put it in a plastic cup? We can enjoy it and wings out in parking lot or have part of parking lot designed off as outside eating area and put signs up no more then x amount of people? Great conditioning for us to be out in dark and cold to prepare for sled season.

Where have you ever been in Ontario that a food vendor can sell beer in a plastic cup for takeout??? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

You can buy Mustard Gas tablets close to home now, or so thats what i read on here anyways..:rotflmao::headbang:

That explains it!!!!

• Haha 1

next wing night is Nov 6 correct ?

44 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

next wing night is Nov 6 correct ?

That is correct. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That is correct. 

Will you be serving beer in the parking lot?:D:?::banghead:

11 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Will you be serving beer in the parking lot?:D:?::banghead:

No, unfortunately there will be no alcohol served Dave. Only pop and water.

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Walk down road to your place with our plastic cups :D

No you wouldn't be allowed to do that as you would certainly scare the horses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

We should be there for the next one PLC. Maybe some social distancing parking lot conversations will have to take place..:rotflmao:..

10/4 Turbo. The November wing night is on the 6th.

• Like 1