OFSC PERMIT PURCHASE

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

On 9/4/2020 at 6:33 PM, stoney said:

Would you trust that they wouldn’t mess that up....

New sled..... finally retiring Barney?

Congrats, what did you get?

Barney lives on have a zr8000 that I bought last year, and just picked up an f1100 today for the wife, the kid is on barney or the f1100 if the wife is not out a the same time. Barney has well over 60k kms on it now, still runs perfect and i would still trust it to go alone in the bush. Might sell the 800 and get a turbo. I like it but  prefer a 4 stroke.

On 9/4/2020 at 7:46 PM, Strong Farmer said:

I did that once and was a painful recovery process. Way better now, but hurt bad for several years. If I do too much with my shoulders the pain returns. Hopefully you can ride this winter and enjoy some trails. 

Hopeful that I can at least do some shorter days. Work is not helping it heal but as long as I can do it I see no point in sitting at home doing nothing. Doing some physio remotely, helps a little, and lots of advil and voltarin. it is like a toothache, just relentless.

5 hours ago, zoso said:

Hopeful that I can at least do some shorter days. Work is not helping it heal but as long as I can do it I see no point in sitting at home doing nothing. Doing some physio remotely, helps a little, and lots of advil and voltarin. it is like a toothache, just relentless.

See if you can get cryoderm, way better than Voltaren.  Lasts longer, they also have a heat cryoderm, which is great too.

6 hours ago, zoso said:

I used tubes of that stuff too, but temporary relief. I found getting an electronic, Muscle stimulating unit with pads that stick on helps allot. They are portable and can take it with you in truck and use it in evening. 
https://www.thegoodbody.com/difference-tens-ems/

many different units out there but there is abit of info. 

I got a unit that does both tens and ems see below. 

https://www.mywellcare.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1289

Same brand as mine, just newer. Does both which is awesome. Just order different pad sizes so you can cover different areas of arm and shoulders and back. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

7 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I used tubes of that stuff too, but temporary relief. I found getting an electronic, Muscle stimulating unit with pads that stick on helps allot. They are portable and can take it with you in truck and use it in evening. 
https://www.thegoodbody.com/difference-tens-ems/

many different units out there but there is abit of info. 

I got a unit that does both tens and ems see below. 

https://www.mywellcare.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1289

Same brand as mine, just newer. Does both which is awesome. Just order different pad sizes so you can cover different areas of arm and shoulders and back. 

Thanks I will look into that.

21 minutes ago, zoso said:

Thanks I will look into that.

It is a really good unit. I wouldn’t be without one, ever again. Takes abit of practise on where to place pads. Get them in right spots and really works muscles and gets blood flowing properly. I use mine to get knots out of my shoulders on a regular basis now. It really helps to remove knots and pressure points in body and to stimulate muscles to increase blood flow in area. Haven’t had near as much pain or issues, since using unit. Haven’t had to visit massage therapist anymore either. Good luck! 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 3:12 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think you only get the $50.00 off if the OFSC has to close the trails early this winter. At least that's what I took from my reading it anyway.

I looked again, you will get the 50, as long as you redeem there gift card by feb 15 and sign up for rider advantage is in frequently asked questions, then when you to redeem the section of rider advantage is a disclaimer about early trail closures where they theen tell you that the discount is for feb 16 or earlier closures as you say. I guess they are terrified of a class action if they shut them down.

Edited by zoso

5 hours ago, zoso said:

I looked again, you will get the 50, as long as you redeem there gift card by feb 15 and sign up for rider advantage is in frequently asked questions, then when you to redeem the section of rider advantage is a disclaimer about early trail closures where they theen tell you that the discount is for feb 16 or earlier closures as you say. I guess they are terrified of a class action if they shut them down.

I don't believe they are worried about a lawsuit. I think they want to assure riders that if the trails have to be closed early due to an unknown like Covid that permit purchasers will get some value back for their shortened riding season.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 4:15 PM, Strong Farmer said:

It is a really good unit. I wouldn’t be without one, ever again. Takes abit of practise on where to place pads. Get them in right spots and really works muscles and gets blood flowing properly. I use mine to get knots out of my shoulders on a regular basis now. It really helps to remove knots and pressure points in body and to stimulate muscles to increase blood flow in area. Haven’t had near as much pain or issues, since using unit. Haven’t had to visit massage therapist anymore either. Good luck! 

We have one too.  A Tens machine by Dr Ho.  From Costco. Works good

Ordered 13 permits last week, very easy, no problems.

I ordered 13 permits, one for myself and one for each of the dozen club members that don't have/use computers, therefore they don't have email addys. Two of the members don't have or use credit cards, so I pay for them with my card and they reimburse me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I ordered two permits online this morning.  They took my money, I'm sure.  No email confirmation or receipt and no page to print at the end of the process.  This is still some kind of $hit show.

25 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

I ordered two permits online this morning.  They took my money, I'm sure.  No email confirmation or receipt and no page to print at the end of the process.  This is still some kind of $hit show.

Can't speak to this year's process (haven't ordered yet) but as someone who previously enjoyed going to the retailer gas station, filling up, buying lunch (spending local $) or, if at a powersports store, same story with purchases...I spoke against the online purchase process as detrimental to those who always supported us. Fast forward to covid restrictions and I'm thankful online is in place. Sounds like implementation issues, but overall a good plan. 

Noticed that stamps to office have unique self printed designs* and reflect upon prior oc.com suggestions about 'printing' day passes. "Can't be done", said many. 

_____

* stamps have likely been self printed for years. I feel like George H.W. Bush saying 'wow' in a super market when he saw a can of soup scanned - not manually entered - into a cash register ('tho that hasn't passed the snopes.com test). This week's stamp actually had a charity's emblem in the stamp. Luddites - they walk among us. 

I sent an email to "permits" and asked if my purchase was valid and how can I prove it.

I got the confirmation email within 5 minutes of me sending it.  I guess all is well with my order.

• Like 1