OFSC PERMIT PURCHASE

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

I just ordered my 2021 permit. It is certainly not any easy process. There is way more areas to be read and to be checked off. I understand them wanting to CYA but this seemed to much to me. Had quite a time getting the system to recognize my email address. Took 5-6 trys before it finally accepted it. 

Anyway the job is completed and the wait to see the permit colour starts LOL.

• Like 1

Purchased as well.  Yup lots of big words that I skipped over and checked the box's.   But I fully understand if anything goes south, its my fault and the clubs, OFSC and the landowners are not responsible.   

• Like 2

Got mine ordered.  No email yet though to confirm

1 hour ago, Dave K said:

Got mine ordered.  No email yet though to confirm

Just received my email confirmation.

No luck for me, system doesn't recognize my email address, I've tried to reset password no luck, look like some bug in a OFSC program.

6 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

No luck for me, system doesn't recognize my email address, I've tried to reset password no luck, look like some bug in a OFSC program.

I had to re-enter mine 4 times before it finally took it. It seemed to take a little time once I entered it before it finally took.

I had to re enter my email once and didnt get the confirmation email again this year. I emailed them and Lisa sent it to me right away.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just received my email confirmation.

Emailed permits this morning, and then they resent mine.  Got it right away when they resent it.

Ordered mine 

• Like 1

Sent email to OFSC regarding log in problem, no respond for 2 days, finally log in  with my old password, got permits, but  still no confirmation on email. I don't know why it so complicated. :( 

On 9/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Anyway the job is completed and the wait to see the permit colour starts LOL.

Permits are red this year.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

Sent email to OFSC regarding log in problem, no respond for 2 days, finally log in  with my old password, got permits, but  still no confirmation on email. I don't know why it so complicated. :( 

Are you in favour of automatic renewal and they charge your credit card and send permits out every fall. 

2 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Are you in favour of automatic renewal and they charge your credit card and send permits out every fall. 

Interesting idea for sure. The challenge would be to ensure the permit is linked to the correct sled if a sled is sold or transferred. It might be easier if the permit was linked to the Val tag buts that’s a different discussion. 

16 minutes ago, Big Pete said:

Interesting idea for sure. The challenge would be to ensure the permit is linked to the correct sled if a sled is sold or transferred. It might be easier if the permit was linked to the Val tag buts that’s a different discussion. 

I know credit cards expire etc, which is another headache on its own. Insurance industry does it and most of us except it. If changes are needed you call in. Set it up so only automatic renewals get early permit price too, going forward. 

1 minute ago, Strong Farmer said:

I know credit cards expire etc, which is another headache on its own. Insurance industry does it and most of us except it. If changes are needed you call in. Set it up so only automatic renewals get early permit price too, going forward. 

They wouldn't get your signature on the new waiver though.  I do like the idea though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

No way, just opens up a huge can of worms and is rife for abuse

• Thanks 1

Took me 4 tries, but it finally recognized my email, then it would not move past the first page because it faild to recognize my emeil, that took 2 tries. Got it done, got gift cards new sled not here yet. Did not see how to get the 50 off for next year. Want that because I ripped my shoulder and may not even use thisyears pass.

25 minutes ago, zoso said:

Took me 4 tries, but it finally recognized my email, then it would not move past the first page because it faild to recognize my emeil, that took 2 tries. Got it done, got gift cards new sled not here yet. Did not see how to get the 50 off for next year. Want that because I ripped my shoulder and may not even use thisyears pass.

I think you only get the $50.00 off if the OFSC has to close the trails early this winter. At least that's what I took from my reading it anyway.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think you only get the $50.00 off if the OFSC has to close the trails early this winter. At least that's what I took from my reading it anyway.

I would say correct from my understanding.  If a system wide shut down happens before Feb 16, then you get a credit towards next year.  Trails stay open one day longer, and no credit next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2020 at 11:35 AM, Strong Farmer said:

Would you trust that they wouldn’t mess that up....

3 hours ago, zoso said:

New sled..... finally retiring Barney?

Congrats, what did you get?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave K said:

I would say correct from my understanding.  If a system wide shut down happens before Feb 16, then you get a credit towards next year.  Trails stay open one day longer, and no credit next year.

Catch is if they don’t re open. So could be shut down for a month and re open what is available for a few days and no credit then. I really hope it doesn’t come down to this or a repeat of what happened last year. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, zoso said:

I did that once and was a painful recovery process. Way better now, but hurt bad for several years. If I do too much with my shoulders the pain returns. Hopefully you can ride this winter and enjoy some trails.