Permits on sale September 1

Strong Farmer

11 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Exactly... if I don't get to use my trail permit this year. Oh well. That's the way it is. $190 is the cheapest part of the sport and I will buy a trail permit next year. Would everyone be grumbling like they are if it was simply a matter of no snow and predicting doom. If I have a very wet summer and don't get out in the boat I somehow don't think that I would get a refund on insurance and if I was at a marina a refund on dock fees. I won't get a refund on my season lock pass for the trent system either.

I have put less than 500 miles on my sled in the last 5 years - passes every year - I know it going into it - but would rather have it than not and see the money go to good use.

I have about a grand this fall into the pass, insurance and maintenance.

I haven't seen my sled since October and won't now until likely summer.

Great hobby :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I have put less than 500 miles on my sled in the last 5 years - passes every year - I know it going into it - but would rather have it than not and see the money go to good use.

LOL. Love your attitude on some things :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yukon said:

Just stop spewing please? The ofsc will be here next year, just like the last 54 years!  

I like many others will continue to support organised snowmobiling. 

x2   LIKE   was out of them   oh sorry maybe I wasnt

3 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Its in your blood 

On 1/13/2021 at 10:38 AM, Spiderman said:

On the bright side folks, it will be a nice surplus to carry into next year to be put to good use for us.

Exactly. Not like the money is not going to put to good use. Unlike my insurance. 

On 1/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, Yukon said:

Just stop spewing please? The ofsc will be here next year, just like the last 54 years!  

I like many others will continue to support organised snowmobiling. 

Thank-you for all you and others do for sport. It is appreciated  by many riders like myself and next generation that enjoys going for a ride too. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

2 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

i want to know where is my discount on my insurance i was promised

Lol, good luck with that one.

3 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I got 3 cheques of $8 each since they announced this insurance discounts, what a joke..

1 minute ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

i know right...................more promises broken

It should come as no surprise, everyone is bleeding money, not giving it back. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinderFab said:

I got 3 cheques of $8 each since they announced this insurance discounts, what a joke..

Followed by approved rate increase for next year - you'll be giving it back

2 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

i got an increase.................

Might be a good time to get your broker working and shopping it for you.

I think what people might not release is pandemic or not - claims don't go down or away, much like Covid and hospitals, known - day to day claims do not stop or disappear because of Covid.

Ins companies should be showing record profits right now, no?

• no traveling or reduced so less expense
  • people are putting off their health concerns to avoid possible risk exposure, so less prescriptions
  • less drivers on the road should equal less claims/accidents
  • many of their building are empty
  • projects for reno's & updates of their buildings are on hold with very little forecasted in the future
  •  
  • I would think possible home ins claims might be higher based on more being at home though

5 minutes ago, stoney said:

Ins companies should be showing record profits right now, no?

• no traveling or reduced so less expense
  • people are putting off their health concerns to avoid possible risk exposure, so less prescriptions
  • less drivers on the road should equal less claims/accidents
  • many of their building are empty
  • projects for reno's & updates of their buildings are on hold with very little forecasted in the future
  •  
  • I would think possible home ins claims might be higher based on more being at home though

Well, I don't really think so. My thoughts ( my own ) are this:

1. Still lots of travelling - no real change there

2. No comment from me - it's outside my areas

3. Not really - lots still on the road - maybe a little less-  commercial transport went way up - more exposures

4. Most don't own their buildings - empty - and PAYING rent

5. Reno's etc. - have only been on hold now - Talk to a Contractor - I can tell you I know A LOT of them - record year - banner year - never been better.

Do not forget the tremendous amount of cost is sending people home to work - IT - equipment, desks, chairs etc. 

35 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

call your insurance company... I got mine for our vehicles. A little under $100.

13 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

call your insurance company... I got mine for our vehicles. A little under $100.

Check insur. hotline.com to keep your co. honest!

2 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

3. Not really - lots still on the road - maybe a little less-  commercial transport went way up - more exposures

5. Reno's etc. - have only been on hold now - Talk to a Contractor - I can tell you I know A LOT of them - record year - banner year - never been better.

Do not forget the tremendous amount of cost is sending people home to work - IT - equipment, desks, chairs etc. 

Anyone I know that has went to Pearson for travel have stated it is dead compared to usua.

Truck traffic has increased, no doubt.....and car traffic returned to more normal, but was really quiet for a while there.

From my side, the projects I deal with with Ins companies, have stopped or slowed down all the upgrades or reno's that can wait - but from my experience and dealing with them, when things are not settled in the economy, there is a lot more delays and reluctant to spend, but what large corp does not do that.

Maybe it is a break even - but there needs to be more and not status quo, so might as well go with an increase!

50 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I live beside a regional highway 10 minutes out of Waterloo. I can tell you that traffic volume on the highway dropped dramatically during the first lockdown and has dropped as much with this lockdown. Time will tell if it continues the same for the rest of the lockdown.

On 1/13/2021 at 3:45 PM, 02Sled said:

$190 is the cheapest part of the sport and I will buy a trail permit next yea

Yup  Got my 2 sleds back from the dealer.  Had a few repairs on one of them.  Cost me $1200 to get ready for this year.  $380 is only a third of that cost.  Add insurance, ~ $400 each and I'm at $2000, so then permit cost is only 20% of my "get ready" costs

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dave K said:

Yup  Got my 2 sleds back from the dealer.  Had a few repairs on one of them.  Cost me $1200 to get ready for this year.  $380 is only a third of that cost.  Add insurance, ~ $400 each and I'm at $2000, so then permit cost is only 20% of my "get ready" costs

The price of wanting, waiting & anticipating to ride.....all a distant memory once you are out enjoying the sled, scenery & the company!

Quiet on those costs.  I spend close to that. Permit, sticker, insurance, repairs & fuel add up.  I tell my wife it costs me about $50.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, markweist said:

Quiet on those costs.  I spend close to that. Permit, sticker, insurance, repairs & fuel add up.  I tell my wife it costs me about $50.  

We have three horses as well as snowmobiles.  I don't complain about the cost of them, and she doesn't complain about my sledding  costs.

30 minutes ago, stoney said:

The price of wanting, waiting & anticipating to ride.....all a distant memory once you are out enjoying the sled, scenery & the company!

Yup.  Even 1 good ride is money well spent..  

• Like 1