Permits on sale September 1

Strong Farmer

My TWO passes arrived in the mail box today in ONE envelope, same as last year.  Just about the same speed as Purolator.  Now they can sit on the counter for weeks until I bring my sleds home.  Don't really care what the numbers are.

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

My TWO passes arrived in the mail box today in ONE envelope, same as last year.  Just about the same speed as Purolator.  Now they can sit on the counter for weeks until I bring my sleds home.  Don't really care what the numbers are.

But you paid $7 for each to ship!

6 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Need help placing my sticker.

I will be purchasing a high windshield but will be swapping to the lower windshield in warmer temperatures, therfore I can't put the permit on the windshield.

Reading the instructions that come with the permit, I cannot make option "B" work either.

62491095571__ED2A4C7D-37D0-4F61-9386-AE781C3C59EC.thumb.jpeg.89516741146431ffb83a3b8af78da771.jpeg

If I put it down here, I think it'll look like crap and I don't know how well it will stay on, this plastic feels slippery and has a rough textured surface.

62491114430__A0B7EEA3-7AB0-47DD-94D5-00082DBCCE87.thumb.jpeg.3daf9aaf97e637b7a77cb3260f165e54.jpeg

Down here before the registration number might be too low and considered partially obstructing the license number

62491143273__9B611482-C690-4FF4-9EC1-BC80563ED2BC.thumb.jpeg.ff16cf02c5d3033df7bb0cc5b0d8ccba.jpeg

I'm thinking this is the best place, but I don't know if its acceptable to put it here.

HELP!!!!!

thanks

brian

Option 3, or i have seen some Doo guys, place it on the glove box.  So you can see it, through the windshield.  Ours are always on the windshield,  like your 2020 Trail pass is. Placing it on the textured black body panels,  it sometimes does not stay put.  I had custom numbers on a Polaris once, on black textured body panels, and fought with them all season moving and coming off..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Need help placing my sticker.

I will be purchasing a high windshield but will be swapping to the lower windshield in warmer temperatures, therfore I can't put the permit on the windshield.

Another idea if you don't mind spending the money.....and what snowmobiler doesn't? .....install an air filter guard from RPM composites. I had to trim these a bit to fit on the taller windshield but work fine. They actually come in very handy in that the fragile air filter seems to be exactly where you want to rest your hand while standing up after crouching down for a repair, inspection or adjustment. 

1592387949_airfilterguard.JPG.2e38dac8056776b2467c717e35c12103.JPG

https://www.rpmcomposites.com

The ones I have ordered get to you in about 7 days if they are in stock. Good guy to deal with and very communicative.

Edited by slomo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slomo said:
  On 10/19/2020 at 3:36 PM, Strong Farmer said:

What are some of numbers people are seeing on permits so far? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got two my permits in my mail box yesterday.:hyper:

17 hours ago, slomo said:

Why not cut a small rectangular piece of plexiglass or lexan, use two stainless steel bolts with 4 nuts and washers, fasten to lower windshield by drilling two holes and fixing bolts on both windshields so you could move from one to the other quite easily?

Want to get real fancy, back light it from your instrument panel with a small led or use coloured electrician tape around the edge of the plexiglass.

Good Idea, but I can see with my luck cracking the windshield when I drill it....thanks for the suggestion though

30 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

Good Idea, but I can see with my luck cracking the windshield when I drill it....thanks for the suggestion though

doesn't matter, the permit need to be permanently attached to the vehicle......bolts are removable . I would just place it on the hood/cowling in or as close to the approved location below the windscreen.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:40 PM, Muskoka Bill said:

I decided to pay for the "Tracked" delivery this year as it said to just contact them via email if it didn't show up as apposed to normal delivery and having to get a police report.  Past years my buddies have not gotten the sticker and had to go through the ordeal of getting a police report and sending it to the OFSC and then have to pay $15 to get a new sticker sent.

I bought my sticker in early Sept but no email or sticker yet.

Got my permit yesterday and had a similar reaction  as Steve Martin says in "The Jerk" movie  

Edited by Muskoka Bill

15 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

But you paid $7 for each to ship!

That's for processing, handling and shipping. That's how the 3rd party company gets paid for processing the order on their systems, packaging on their mailing equipment and sending them to you. Not just postage which is the smallest portion of the $7 cost.

When have you ever been hassled for not having the permit in the "approved" location ?   The cops only care about the val tag and insurance.  You will never see a trail warden stopping sleds.  The dumb ass sled manufacturers won't make smooth plastic in the "approved location".  I won't put it on the windshield because it just takes one roll over to break it.  I put the pass on the sled where the plastic is smooth.  The pass is on the sled.  Enough said.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

When have you ever been hassled for not having the permit in the "approved" location ?   The cops only care about the val tag and insurance.  You will never see a trail warden stopping sleds.  The dumb ass sled manufacturers won't make smooth plastic in the "approved location".  I won't put it on the windshield because it just takes one roll over to break it.  I put the pass on the sled where the plastic is smooth.  The pass is on the sled.  Enough said.

There is one on the railbed in Orillia that does all the time.  Hassles my buddy every year for his permit placement as well.  But he puts it where there is smooth plastic on the left side and the trail warden doesn't like it there.  We just tell him if it's anywhere else, it's probably falling off.

2 hours ago, Candubrain said:

Why not just put tall windshield on, and put permit on it. I love tall windshield and see no reason to go back and forth really. Only time I regret having it, is tunnel

on D trail in musoka. Blake give me directions to go around it on road. Other then that I love tall windshield. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Pussy said:

So true. I don’t know what deal is with that but hopefully it changes. Frustrating free riders getting waved right thru, since they have Val tag and  insurance and ownership. 

8 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

100% correct for me on more than one occasion - OPP only looking for tag, ownership & Ins.

Never been harassed for permit (that I recall).....and if you think about it with the online purchases for temp passes that are just a piece of paper you carry, the actual permit placement has become even less of an important factor - paying and having one is!

Someone balking about where the permit is actually placed on a sled after you are stopped for a trail side check, needs to really think about what is important here, and clearly they need some direction. 

• Like 2

As I see it the key difference on permit placement is pretty straight forward. Slow down and continue or get stopped. If the permit is where it's supposed to be it's easy for the OPP or trail patrol to see and validate. You slow down and don't need to stop. If it's somewhere else, like behind the windshield pointing straight to the sky it can't be seen as you approach a check. That means you actually have to stop.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 10:01 PM, stoney said:

100% correct for me on more than one occasion - OPP only looking for tag, ownership & Ins.

Never been harassed for permit (that I recall).....and if you think about it with the online purchases for temp passes that are just a piece of paper you carry, the actual permit placement has become even less of an important factor - paying and having one is!

Someone balking about where the permit is actually placed on a sled after you are stopped for a trail side check, needs to really think about what is important here, and clearly they need some direction. 

I have never ever had the permit on the windshield on any sled since at least 1988,  never once been hassled about it.

• Like 1

My permit arrived number:

2001.jpg

• Haha 1