Permits on sale September 1

Strong Farmer

2 hours ago, signfan said:

I didn't pay for tracked shipping either.  Did get the shipping e-mail today. That said the issue here with your theory is the OFSC will present your cc company with the contract you signed (waiving tracked shipping) and proof that they shipped from the fulfillment contractor that distributes permits.  You will loose the case and visa will make you pay regardless of whether you got the permit in the mail or not.  Why go through this?

It is so much hassle and doesn’t need to be that hard. Should have a better way to cancel permit and send out a replacement, if it gets lost in mail. I didn’t get an mto sticker once, lost in mail too. So I went into office and explained,  I never got it and my temporary notice was expired. They went onto system and cancelled it and gave me a new license sticker right away. No police report needed.  I think I had to pay 15 bucks for replacement but still better then wasting a police officers and my time too. 
Rant over maybe mother ship will read some of these posts. 

In OPP jurisdictions file your lost permit report on-line. Email response is generally very quick (less than 24 hrs). Now you have the report in electronic form to send to OFSC. 

5 hours ago, signfan said:

That said the issue here with your theory is the OFSC will present your cc company with the contract you signed (waiving tracked shipping) and proof that they shipped from the fulfillment contractor that distributes permits.  You will loose the case and visa will make you pay regardless of whether you got the permit in the mail or not.  Why go through this?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with SF on this.  Credit card companies will almost always agree with the cardholder.  We shipped a computer, via tracked courier, to a customer who then reported to the CC company that he had not received it. They reversed the charge and it was left to us to sue to get the money.  Last year, my son lost his permit before putting it on.  Went the police report route, paid the $25 replacement fee.  It did not arrive before our trip,but we could print the 10 day temporary permit,so that is what he rode with.  That was the end of his season,so I reported that the replacement permit never arrived and the CC company credited me.

13 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm pretty sure mine have always come in seperate envelopes in the mail.

Not if by courier - nearly threw out one pass last year as the second one was stuck in the envelope in such a way it was unseen. 

12 hours ago, Muskoka Bill said:

I decided to pay for the "Tracked" delivery this year as it said to just contact them via email if it didn't show up as apposed to normal delivery and having to get a police report.  Past years my buddies have not gotten the sticker and had to go through the ordeal of getting a police report and sending it to the OFSC and then have to pay $15 to get a new sticker sent.

I bought my sticker in early Sept but no email or sticker yet.

I paid for tracked delivery on September 1, still have received no email for two passes. Had phoned OFSC in September and a fellow named Marco told me that passes bought this way would be shipped by Purolator. Last year, same thing, but no warning email and the Purolator delivery person left the "you were not at home" sticker in a place where I did not see it. Trusting my instincts, went over to the local Purolator pick up place at a convenience store, and there it was.

Year before, trail passes bought "regularly - no fee"  travelled to Owen Sound and a couple of other places before finally getting to me. Jasmine at the local Shopper's post office and I became fast friends as we followed its route from day to day. I still send her a Christmas card every year on January 7. The Quebec pass I ordered arrived three days after purchase in regular mail. 

• Thanks 1

I have always used regular mail for my passes. We always got them, in about 3 weeks. I never ordered early since if I wait until last week, seem to get passes same time as everyone else pretty much. You do have protection thru credit card company like sledjunk said too. It is getting to point maybe ofsc could make a deal with say fedex and get everything shipped by courier. They take pics of front door and package on every delivery, that isn’t signed. So you if claim your never received it they will sent you a time stamped pic of package on your front door step. Easy yaaa or nahhhhh. Which is fantastic. They stand behind all shipments 100 percent. After all mto can get license stickers shipped out in a timely fashion via regular mail. Very little complaints on those. I had one sticker lost in 12 or so years I have used online service. So it does happen too, but not a regular occurrence. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

I have always used regular mail for my passes. We always got them, in about 3 weeks. I never ordered early since if I wait until last week, seem to get passes same time as everyone else pretty much. You do have protection thru credit card company like sledjunk said too. It is getting to point maybe ofsc could make a deal with say fedex and get everything shipped by courier. They take pics of front door and package on every delivery, that isn’t signed. So you if claim your never received it they will sent you a time stamped pic of package on your front door step. Easy yaaa or nahhhhh. Which is fantastic. They stand behind all shipments 100 percent. After all mto can get license stickers shipped out in a timely fashion via regular mail. Very little complaints on those. I had one sticker lost in 12 or so years I have used online service. So it does happen too, but not a regular occurrence. 

Yeah I guess they could charge everyone the $20 s and h and that would be it.  Not my first choice but it is an option is this became a major problem.

I have no reason (to date) to pay the extra charges for courier delivery. I have purchased 2 permits every year but last year (only 1 permit) since online started and have had no delivery issues.

The only thing that I think the OFSC needs to do is spell out in big bright letters on the order site what date permits will start to be shipped. That would take the worry or concern out of the equation for those that have been fretting. 

• Thanks 1

I use my CC for virtually everything.

If I complain, I'm just one small voice. When Visa or MC or who-ever calls, they listen.

And Purolator? It's owned  by Canada Post. 

FWIW.

I check CAREFULLY before purchasing anything on line these days. If Purolator is involved, and no alternative is available, I shop elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, ecarnell said:

Didn’t it say back in September when permit sales first started that they wouldn’t be shipped out until October anyhow?

(just checked - OFSC confirmation email said shipping would “start” early October)

It's one of the reasons that a map ( guide) enclosure would be nice. If permits aren't being mailed until mid October, provide a map option. At the low permit price - pay for the map. 

Years ago, when I ordered from d'ville, Kap, etc. ( ran 4 sleds) - it was nice to receive the various mailings. Each included a map. Some a newsletter. So did our Quebec purchases.

1 hour ago, manotickmike said:

I use my CC for virtually everything.

If I complain, I'm just one small voice. When Visa or MC or who-ever calls, they listen.

And Purolator? It's owned  by Canada Post. 

FWIW.

I check CAREFULLY before purchasing anything on line these days. If Purolator is involved, and no alternative is available, I shop elsewhere. 

I hear you about Purolator.  They are the absolute worst.  Ironically, Canada Post delivers (almost) to the door, while I have go into town to Purolator's depot to get stuff.  Having said that, currently waiting a package from CanPar that was supposed to have been delivered Tuesday, but seems to have gone into a black hole in Toronto.  

Purchased my permit second week of September and got a email yesterday that my permit was sent out.:)

• Like 2

Received two emails, on Thursday that permit have shipped. Now have to decide on Quebec permit. Hopefully w ill be able to use permits, if not at least I have supported the sport I enjoy. Snowing in northern Ontario, definitely getting excited.

Got mine today.  Shipped Fri.  They are red in case anyone wants to know

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does this mean that Canada Post is faster than Purolator ???

1 hour ago, Big Pussy said:

Does this mean that Canada Post is faster than Purolator ???

It’s looking that way, mine also showed up in the mail today.