OFSC Covid plan.

zoso

20 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

sorry turbo doo left us but, i understand sometimes the forums get to us. hopefully, he returns, recharged.

with that said, i think everyone in the sledding community is going to be in for a RUDE AWAKENING, when the season starts. there is no way businesses are going to let us in with wet, frozen, dripping balaclavas, gloves, etc... then let us hang them, or place them on a register to warm/dry out. there are going to be A LOT OF NEW RULES. i am guessing they will start with, you need to leave your contaminated clothing items outside on your sled, to avoid cross contamination. that will be THE START, of the rules. 

good luck to us all, the virus isnt going away, obviously we cant stop it. Ski

That's a very good point you made. Our riding plans will have to be adjusted. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skidooboy said:

sorry turbo doo left us but, i understand sometimes the forums get to us. hopefully, he returns, recharged.

with that said, i think everyone in the sledding community is going to be in for a RUDE AWAKENING, when the season starts. there is no way businesses are going to let us in with wet, frozen, dripping balaclavas, gloves, etc... then let us hang them, or place them on a register to warm/dry out. there are going to be A LOT OF NEW RULES. i am guessing they will start with, you need to leave your contaminated clothing items outside on your sled, to avoid cross contamination. that will be THE START, of the rules. 

I be happy if they are open and will travel with a few pairs of gloves so I can leave them on sled along with my helmet. I just ordered a spare breathing mask for my helmet too, so I have a dry one to put back on if necessary. Handy if a snap breaks anyways. Thinking of designing some sort of helmet cover to keep it dry too, while it sits on snowmobile. Sure glad we can carry things on these new sleds. Sure going to come in handy this winter. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, slomo said:

Barbeque is a bit unwieldy although worth consideration..... We have one of those small ones with a 5 lb tank. Could also warm up the inside of the sled trailer I suppose.

I strongly advise against that.  BBQ's should only be used in well ventilated condition, or CO poisoning could happen.  

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

.... that will be THE START, of the rules. 

Good point, Ski.

We're looking at 'base' style trips. Out all day, lunch on trail, back to base. Of course, if restaurants figure out some way to accommodate us, glad to support them. Might involve modified take-out, some type of shelter outside (not kidding...Dock Lunch in Penetang comes to mind...wooden-lean to with tarps ...although they have inside in winter. Picture the wooden awning outside, with perhaps a portable heat supply in the way-way north on a cold day). Mad Max snowmobiling...here we come.

Also going to miss Turbo Doo, btw. Never read the tipping point post or saw it coming. Like many, really enjoyed his writing. Definitely enjoyed the riding, comradery. In my best Arnold Sz. voice - 'he''l be baaaaack' (I hope).

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 8:31 PM, Goody said:

People walk, bicycle, ride horse and fish/boat and don't pay a cent to access land, or water I live there and witness it everyday

as I understand it the GRCA expects the OFSC insurance policy to also cover those who use the trails in the summer and non-snowmobilers in the winter

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, skidooboy said:

I guess you are talking about restaurants? Motels/hotels should be ok. First, put your luggage in the bathtub and check for bedbugs. If ok, you'll need a can of Lysol or other spray, or the Lysol wipes and start wiping things down - light switches, toilet flush handle, fawcetts, the TV remote, thermostat, flat surfaces, anything you might contact with your hands or face. Regards spray or wipes, make darn sure they specify they kill VIRUSES, not just germs or bacteria. Some don't.  Minimum 70% isopropyl will also work - about the same strength as that in gas line antifreeze if you're stuck. And who doesn't like the aroma of that? If possible, bring your own sleeping bag and pillow. Make sure you've got a few disposable masks to enable entry into the establishment in the first place. 

The food situation can be tragic in some cases. While self-isolating in Quebec last March, we were forced by threat of covid to avoid the traditional sugar shack brunch. Read the offerings and weep with me:

Included:
- Traditional Quebec music during the brunch
- Maple taffy on snow

- Horse drawn sleigh rides

Menu of our Sugar Shack brunch:

- Pea soup
- Pork rinds
- Bacon
- Sausages
- Homemade ham cooked with rosemary & maple syrup from our sugar shack
- Gabrielle potato cooked with duck fat & rosemary
- Scrambled eggs with onions, peppers, chives and swiss cheese
- Baked beans
- Meat pie
- Green salad & dressing made with maple syrup from our sugar shack
- Plate of cheeses from our region
- Toasts & homemade jam
- Cereal & milk
- Fresh fruit platter
- Pancakes with maple syrup from our sugar shack
- Pouding chômeur
- Coffee

Which reminds me - regards the log cabin thread somewhere, best you don't paint your inside log walls.

523665399_floatinglogcabinconstruction.JPG.cd0c5698ba1bf6c541dba7fed7757644.JPG

4 hours ago, Dave K said:

I strongly advise against that.  BBQ's should only be used in well ventilated condition, or CO poisoning could happen.  

Noted. I will use it to heat up a few large rocks, shut it down, and enter when safe to do so. Hopefully I will not be appropriating anyone's culture - learned at the Huron Indian Village in Midland that is how they used to boil water and stoke up the sweat lodge - obviously with a fire of course, not a barbeque. .......Hmmm....now if I threw a bit of water or snow on those rocks.....skidooboy is saying we might just have to leave our clothes outside....

• Haha 2