OFSC Covid plan.

zoso

Over-drama.... :wacko:

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I think issue will be, can traveling sledders get fuel, food and rooms this winter. No tourism no trails,  Is vibe I am getting from ofsc lately. Lots of clubs like hcsa says they groom for tourism.

Wait and see what happens. 

Maybe.

Tourism has certainly changed. Every club grooms for tourism. If a member was stuck to their own clubs trails the ride would be awfully short.

Hotels are open, same with restaurants and gas stations. Cottages in my area are booked solid.

I think that no one really knows what happens when schools reopen, if a second wave shuts everything down again.

Everyone is having to wing it and doesn't want to be painted into a corner.

I have one recommendation for them.

Make a permit come with the app. No paper maps. Make the app fully interactive as it is and keep data logs. That way if there is an outbreak, sledders can be warned in advance and after the fact.

Not sure what this will do to our clubhouse activities, it may  mean the doors stay locked.

Grooming will not change at all IMO, unless permit sales go for a crap.

Here's a thought.

Dirt biking totally BOOMED this year. ATVing too, I'd imagine, but I have zero interest in that, or participation other than at very casual level.

Sales up over %50 at retail over last year. Dealers are sold out of everything. 

I personally sold 4 bikes this year, one I thought I'd keep forever. When they're selling for twice what they're worth, or more,  it's time.

This all happened without co-ordination, or an organization of ANY kind. 

It just HAPPENED. 

Imagine what organized group might accomplish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

That would be a negative. I can’t even get access to financial reports for ofsc. 

Can you please tell me how you know that you won't be able to watch the AGM?

1 minute ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Can you please tell me how you know that you won't be able to watch the AGM?

Sorry, I have answered my own question as the caption in Turbo's post does state club volunteers.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, vooodooo said:

That way if there is an outbreak, sledders can be warned in advance and after the fact.

There's already a government app for that if it interests you.

21 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

I think issue will be, can traveling sledders get fuel, food and rooms this winter. No tourism no trails,  Is vibe I am getting from ofsc lately. Lots of clubs like hcsa says they groom for tourism.

Wait and see what happens. 

Hotels and restaurants are all open in the north right now. I would guess we will be ok.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Here's a thought.

Dirt biking totally BOOMED this year. ATVing too, I'd imagine, but I have zero interest in that, or participation other than at very casual level.

I personally sold 4 bikes this year, one I thought I'd keep forever. When they're selling for twice what they're worth, or more,  it's time.

It just HAPPENED. 

This makes sense and quite likely. 
Cottaging, camping, outdoor activities are all booming, sledding just might as well and be a killer year..... just need Mother Nature to cooperate now!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, zoso said:

Hotels and restaurants are all open in the north right now. I would guess we will be ok.

The main ones will be ok.  I looked at Deerhurst resort for next month and still two night minimum stay on Saturday nights (ie no Saturday unless you stay Friday or Sunday night too). During week looks like you can still get one night. 

The main ones will be ok.  I looked at Deerhurst resort for next month and still two night minimum stay on Saturday nights (ie no Saturday unless you stay Friday or Sunday night too). During week looks like you can still get one night. 

I'd avoid Deerhurst!

https://www.thestar.com/politics/provincial/2020/08/13/cluster-of-covid-19-cases-in-gta-linked-to-muskoka-resort-weekend.html

11 hours ago, stoney said:

This makes sense and quite likely. 
Cottaging, camping, outdoor activities are all booming, sledding just might as well and be a killer year..... just need Mother Nature to cooperate now!

Just need politicians, lawyers, insurance companies and other fear-mongers and profiteers to stay out of the way. 

And the LUP department to get into the game.

There are a LOT of P-O'd people in my neck of the woods after last years City property debacle. 

Many are in influential club positions.

It's hard for them to keep swimming upstream without proper support. 

Especially when Quebec is SO close. 

4 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I seen that but that can happen any where. Hidden valley has three night min stay on weekends now until mid October. Not going until end of September. Might stay at comfort inn anyways. 

On 8/16/2020 at 8:31 AM, manotickmike said:

Here's a thought.

It just HAPPENED. 

I'm gunna say that "it happened" because it was NOT organized.

Everything outdoors has boomed this year! Boats, bikes, even guns for some reason? Likely stimulus money, and "not going on vacation" this year.

When sumpthing gits "organized" - then there is an at-risk entity that has the power (or the civic duty to?) turn the key off - like the OFSC did this March. 

If it's not organized, then the folks that are putz's can stay on the porch, and the others can carry on as they see fit.

Like the DA Mich Gov tried to say that "Y'all kan't go fishin'. It jist t'aint safe."

I am just in awe that the rest of the DA's (derogatory remark) decided it best to storm the bloody Capital building - as opposed to ... just go fishin' anyhow.

And if it's jist them on the lake, and it's jist too risky to have DNR patrols out - then I guess they can take a case of beer out there with the too.

But no - they decided there was a better time to be had in Lansing. :wacko:

DA's! Must be what's left of the Michigan Militia I guess....

Oh ... maybe this post should be in the "rant" thread? :oops:

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 1:36 PM, Strong Farmer said:

I seen that but that can happen any where. Hidden valley has three night min stay on weekends now until mid October. Not going until end of September. Might stay at comfort inn anyways. 

The restaurant "Three guys and a stove" were also infected with the covid 19. The group that had it at Deerhurst stopped and ate at Three guys and a Stove. This was on Barrie CTV last week.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

The restaurant "Three guys and a stove" were also infected with the covid 19. The group that had it at Deerhurst stopped and ate at Three guys and a Stove. This was on Barrie CTV last week.

Better to eat at food truck outside I think. Restaurants are hot spots to contract it. Haven’t been inside one since civid hit. Bring a few lawn chairs and I gladly eat outside in parking lot. 

Edited by Strong Farmer
  • Like 1

Bring a few lawn chairs and I gladly eat outside in parking lot.

I would like to see that at 6pm when it is -25C.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

I would like to see that at 6pm when it is -25C.

I actually think that one of the amenities sledders may look for ( or transport themselves to the staging hotel ) is a BBQ. Particularly if we have a past March scenario of restaurants closing. 

I've seen guys bring them before ( not mentioning where, in case it's not permitted- insurance, crazy Ontario lodging rules, etc.). There will be more tailgating this year. Either because of the restaurant " ick" factor noted above or restaurants choosing to close for the winter.

Put on the dry gear and cook :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Canuck said:

I actually think that one of the amenities sledders may look for ( or transport themselves to the staging hotel ) is a BBQ. Particularly if we have a past March scenario of restaurants closing. 

I've seen guys bring them before ( not mentioning where, in case it's not permitted- insurance, crazy Ontario lodging rules, etc.). There will be more tailgating this year. Either because of the restaurant " ick" factor noted above or restaurants choosing to close for the winter.

Put on the dry gear and cook :)

I’ve done this for years wherever I go! I still support everything local. I bring majority of what I need with from home and grab everything else in the area I’m staying at. Dine out when applicable as we tend to ride longer days when we can. Try to find accommodations with more cooking options, but a crockpot goes a long ways for many options in any situation!!... and everything is done when you get back after a 12-14hr day of riding. Your biggest problem is how fast you can get the round of drinks ready!!