" Florida's closed" - If this continues, I'm buying a snowmobile

Canuck

Oh, your sleds are up there too eh?

I have one in the bush that I want to git, but it's not a big loss.

Not planning on running it this winter anyhow, but still want to fetch it home...

But at least we have enough iron here to head west. :D

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Omg! If every sledder in south actually follows they with this, sport will be finished below Barrie no doubt. Hoping for some steady cold weather. I only got in a few good rides last year and made one trip thru that famous marsh and it was a goat path in middle of feb, so sad. 

I have not ridden south of Muskoka in the last 5 years.    I couldnt even tell you the last time I have ridden around Mitchell.     My girls went to University in North Bay so it was always an excuse to go riding up there as I could stop and see them both on the way and on the way home.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I have not ridden south of Muskoka in the last 5 years.    I couldnt even tell you the last time I have ridden around Mitchell.     My girls went to University in North Bay so it was always an excuse to go riding up there as I could stop and see them both on the way and on the way home.  

Last year I put on over 1000km from my driveway in Monkton

• Like 2

I suppose the general consensus from the last series of posts is that ski is too dam honest. A friend said it is far better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Hard thing to do for most of us. Sometimes it was years later that I found out my wife brought something back from the states that I didn’t know about. She says she couldn’t trust me at the border because I can’t lie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I suppose the general consensus from the last series of posts is that ski is too dam honest. A friend said it is far better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Hard thing to do for most of us. Sometimes it was years later that I found out my wife brought something back from the states that I didn’t know about. She says she couldn’t trust me at the border because I can’t lie. 

For Petey's sakes Ski, how much did you pay him to come to that collusion?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Doing a bit of reading while at the beach   nothing to do with AGMs   just dating ourselves IMG_20200728_092645242.thumb.jpg.137d0dda65dd7aa8b4095fe4f0f66bcd.jpg

Old issue of OSM?

If you're going thru them, see if you can find anything about a dual OFSC/FCMQ permit. I'm guessing it was in the late 90s/early 2000s. I might have to dig thru my archives out in the sled shed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave K said:

That’s pretty good. We didn’t get allot of snow last year in my area. I got out a few times. The day of your wing night on that Sunday was my last ride. Trail in new Hamburg was toast by end of that day. 

42 minutes ago, Ox said:

For Petey's sakes Ski, how much did you pay him to come to that collusion?

lets say, i am broker than i was. :D thanks CC! 

Ski

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave K said:

I was in Dominican for the week that we had snow around Mitchell.    Its ok.   I went to Gaspe for 7 days of riding and did most of the Northern Corridor loop in March just when things started to shut down.   I missed my last trip to Amos though at the end of march.   

You know - this is normal reaction on message boards. A known, or even sometimes an even unkown member - comes on here, crying aboot some Joe Blow cheated, stole, wrecked, or whatever to/from him, and the masses all gather around him in a prayer vigil, b/c obviously he was victimized by a terrible and heartless person elsewhere out there in the werld....

Bill Cosby has a skit on this exact scenario, and how - when fighting with his wife -  he had learned to cry first. Then run to the bathroom and lock the door - first...

etc... etc...

It's all aboot who cries first ....

But let me play Devils Advocate for a bit here....

You clowns think that this Ski charactor is "a good fella". Just that ratt there has a "Made Man" ring to it eh? :-|

Well let me tell yuh a story aboot 2 very different "Ski's".

Ski A:

A) Was willing to invest his Yankee $ during bad times to buy a property in D-Ville during their worst days since they cleared the ground in 1960. Which helped to keep property values from plumenting even further...

b) Is a good neighbor and tries to help the local economy as much as he can.

C) He tries to git in before 11:00 at night as to not wake others.

D) He isn't out "warming up" his machines at 0:Dark:30 in the morning either...

E) To doo the repairs on his buildings, he would have his tank full and bring all materials with him, so's not to have any reason to stop in The Soo as he rolls through. (Safety first!)

F) His wife works in the health care field, and understands totally aboot the safety required for their time there.

Now that is the Ski that y'all think that your are conversing with, BUT, let me tell you aboot Ski B!

Ski B:

A) Waited like a flock of buzzards circling a fella wondering aimlessly out accrost the desert (not the type that goes after supper, but rather that sandy region) until prices bottomed out - in a northern lumber town, to where he could pick up something - for nigh-on nothing!

b) Brings his own groceries and can seldom be found at Pats Resto. 

C) Seldom git's in before 2AM on weeknights, and rolls in with loud cans whoopin' it up and down the center street before heading home...

D) Well, no - he doesn't git up at before Dawns butt crack, but when they doo git up and around, they are still so juiced up from "last night" that they can routinely be found heading out on their snowmachines still in their jammies, untill the everclear starts wearing off and they high-tale it back to git some bibs on...

E) He will bring everything that he needs to doo repairs, although he will be driving right past Lyons Timber Mart in The Soo, all to save a few Loonies...

F) His wife works in the health care field, and unless he comes alone after 2 weeks of living at his folks' house, who knows what he could be bringing up with him!

But let me add:

G) He's not riding Canuck iron!

Let me tell yuh aboot a trip that I made to Mich just before this Woohan thing went Bat Shiite crazy....

Me and Mamma schlepped up to Mt. Pleasant back in what - Feb? to see Christopher Cross and America.

A bit AFTER the light go out, in comes a whole crew of loud mouths the next row back. VERY disturbing and a wee bit inebriated. 

Everyone around was biting their tongues, but finally I yelled to shut up, but that didn't change a thing. They said that "this is a concert!"

Christopher Cross, not AC/DC! That's not a 4-high stack of Marshals up there, and Chris is terribly underspoken and apparently so is his sound guy...

I even went to complain to the "Security", but they obviously only got paid to wear the suit, and had absolutely no intention of getting involved with drunks!

At least America had better pipes!

H) I'm not sure, but that could EASILY have been Ski and his wife (by far the worst!) and their groupies, but I'm not 100% sure...

But he ride a Cat and he's from Michigan, so - you doo the math ....

So tell me, given the evidence, what makes you clowns think that this Joker is "Ski A"?

What evidence have you got?

It all boils down to the perspective that you look at the situation from.

:evil2:

• Haha 2

Can I make a suggestion to Ski A . Perhaps find the Dub town website and contact the Mayor thru the Town Clerk email explaining your circumstances and if they would connect you with a honourable handy  person in Dub that you could mail a key. So someone could check your place , send pics and perhaps run the water ( to fill evaporated p traps) empty the fridge.... check the heat system etc. I know in my small town here in Northern Ont my Mayor would send the Public Works Manager over and have crew cut lawn for free and get you a reliable contact etc......just a thought about small town friendly service you might be suprised at outcome. 

I don't know aboot your side, but there has routinely been up to a 3 week delay in any  US Male going through Detroit (in the name of Wuhan) so just hang tight a little longer....

• Like 1

You are good CC, this was a nice attempt at humour, and a great distraction. :D

for sure Ox... usps mail service is terrible (well, worse than it was, which wasnt stellar), right now. after they restructured the service centers, it really put mail in a tailspin in Michigan. i have watched parcels tracking bounce from detroit, to grand rapids, to lansing, and back. our normal center is lansing but, they dont service the area any longer. they are open and functioning but, all our mail comes from the detroit area centers. CRAZY INEFFICIENT SYSTEM!!! 

Ski

• Like 2

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Old issue of OSM?

If you're going thru them, see if you can find anything about a dual OFSC/FCMQ permit. I'm guessing it was in the late 90s/early 2000s. I might have to dig thru my archives out in the sled shed.

Was in this issue. Don't have any more with me but now I will look at home   fun reading it is 

IMG_20200729_095608836.jpg

3 hours ago, skidooboy said:

for sure Ox... usps mail service is terrible (well, worse than it was, which wasnt stellar), right now. after they restructured the service centers, it really put mail in a tailspin in Michigan. i have watched parcels tracking bounce from detroit, to grand rapids, to lansing, and back. our normal center is lansing but, they dont service the area any longer. they are open and functioning but, all our mail comes from the detroit area centers. CRAZY INEFFICIENT SYSTEM!!! 

Ski

I think the key word here is”attempt”.:D

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, signfan said:

Yep they probably lied.  Most likely said they were coming for essential work.

Pretty sure you need a letter, maybe even from the company you are visiting.

We will need to do that stateside in a couple of months and that's what were being told.

47 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I think the key word here is”attempt”.:D

I'll have you note that _ that took me nigh-on an hour to put all down!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Ski

Ski, you can always mail me the key. Id be happy to check your place out for you. :wavey::poke2:....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, TURBO DOO said:

Lets hope its a banner year.. Great pic Canuck...

I would have at least up sold him on a new Doo..:poke2:

Google Pixel 3 XL takes good photos. Thanks Turbo Doo.

The portage guy is a Doo candidate:

1. His BRP ATV didn't start; mechanic spent 1 hour on it and says 'not fixed this weekend' so he rents the last canoe at Swift Canoe rental in Waubeshine and hits the river (if your BRP product breaks, rent a canoe);

2. They canoe 1.5 hours mid week to a spot on the lake, only to notice they left drinking water in the truck. Solution - stay out there until all beer is consumed, then head back to truck for water (if you own a BRP product, beer makes everything better);

3. On the river, paddling side by side back to the trucks, he asks if we have rolling papers. WTF? Am I that dishevelled after 3 days in the bush? (don't answer, 14Snow ,Turbo-Doo , Domino et al)

So yes, a Doo rider indeed  :-)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Canuck said:

Google Pixel 3 XL takes good photos. Thanks Turbo Doo.

The portage guy is a Doo candidate:

1. His BRP ATV didn't start; mechanic spent 1 hour on it and says 'not fixed this weekend' so he rents the last canoe at Swift Canoe rental in Waubeshine and hits the river (if your BRP product breaks, rent a canoe);

2. They canoe 1.5 hours mid week to a spot on the lake, only to notice they left drinking water in the truck. Solution - stay out there until all beer is consumed, then head back to truck for water (if you own a BRP product, beer makes everything better);

3. On the river, paddling side by side back to the trucks, he asks if we have rolling papers. WTF? Am I that dishevelled after 3 days in the bush? (don't answer, 14Snow ,Turbo-Doo , Domino et al)

So yes, a Doo rider indeed  :-)

Ive been with you 3 days in the bush, technically speaking,  on our last Doo tour...i wouldn't say quite dishevelled...Not us Doo guys, if you look good, you feel good...:poke2::rotflmao:...