Haydays Cancelled

signfan

Personally i think we could go a second year easily on maps. There may be some small changes but not likely anything that would kill your day or week. Years ago our local area map was only updated every 2 years.  With all the maps that can be downloaded I'm sure that I'm one of the few dinosaurs that uses paper maps anyway.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Personally i think we could go a second year easily on maps. There may be some small changes but not likely anything that would kill your day or week. Years ago our local area map was only updated every 2 years.  With all the maps that can be downloaded I'm sure that I'm one of the few dinosaurs that uses paper maps anyway.

Agree with this also. 

Edited by TURBO DOO

1 hour ago, grover_yyz said:

If Toronto show is cancelled then I hope the OFSC can arrange for district maps to be mailed out. 

Jerry

Just use last years they are pretty close and download new phone app for ofsc trails, when it becomes available. That’s my plan for this winter. Cheers 

Edited by Strong Farmer

10 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Agree with this also. 

Are you agreeing with the 2 year part or the dinasaur part or both? Don't give me a TruDoh answer! LOL

Shopping malls are now open so why would snowmobile show be cancelled?

I can see entry times controlled.

Maybe day specific attendance limits?

28 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Shopping malls are now open so why would snowmobile show be cancelled?

I can see entry times controlled.

Maybe day specific attendance limits?

Probably not profitable/worth it for vendors at that point.

31 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Probably not profitable/worth it for vendors at that point.

Vendors need an outlet for leftover stock.  Still best chance to move the most gear.

International Center might be willing to work with show.   They are hurting also.

Maybe add an extra day?

or give more space to show to spread out.   

• Like 1

Not really interested in being cheek to jowl with a bunch of strangers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Not really interested in being cheek to jowl with a bunch of strangers.

Same here. I've been to the mall in Ptbo twice since they opened & very little in the way of crowds (good). Had lunch on a patio a couple of weeks ago. Only 2 other people @ the other tables.

I have no need to rush to the 'crowd scenes' that people are flocking to. 

About the maps, I think advertising in some areas is an easier sell if the ad is on a map rather than an app.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, revrnd said:

About the maps, I think advertising in some areas is an easier sell if the ad is on a map rather than an app.

That’s a very good point. I like the maps myself and very handy to flip map over and see all sponsors in that area. I like coming into an area and being able to grab a paper map if I don’t have one. Be interesting to see what percentage of snowmobilers actually still use paper maps on a regular basis. 

No app for me. Older phone, poor eyesight up close. Phone screens suck on bright sunny days. paper map gives me the big picture (where I have been and where I am going)

I can used previous year maps if it helps the OFSC save a few bucks. I would like to have a basic set of the area I ride in. Last year I rode from the Ganny to Sterling without a map hoping to find one at a store or in a trail box but there were none to be had. My GPS was forgotten at home so I had to stick to the known trails that day.

Jerry

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, revrnd said:

Advertisers pay $ hundreds per map ( guide )  ad - from what I've heard, good return on ad investment $. 

If it's break even or revenue positive - print yearly. 

As noted, it provides the " big picture ' for riders. Equally important - provides safety. I'm not sure we've reached the marine GPS high quality product or take-up / use yet. Why put riders at risk by removing paper maps ( guides)?

• Like 2

Put the trails on an actual map. 

Our local maps are beyond vague as to where they are situated. Useless in the event of a breakdown or emergency of any kind.

It would be nice to see roads marked. 

27 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Put the trails on an actual map. 

Our local maps are beyond vague as to where they are situated. Useless in the event of a breakdown or emergency of any kind.

It would be nice to see roads marked. 

Our map in District 5 (or whatever the current name is) has all the roads and towns on it. Since our area is a lot of farmland there is ususally a road every mile and a quarter. That makes the map very conveluted and the trails do not stand out well on the map. JMHO.  The trails should have been a more distinctive colour and they might have stood out better however some are competing with the snow tour routes. It borders on information overload in my opinion. Areas with not as many roads would no be a problem.

To receive new maps all you need to do is email the districts for the areas you are interested in and ask them to mail out a map or two. No cost to you other than time invested in writing the email, if your're real clever you can take care of it in one email.

3 hours ago, BoonerBP said:

To receive new maps all you need to do is email the districts for the areas you are interested in and ask them to mail out a map or two. No cost to you other than time invested in writing the email, if your're real clever you can take care of it in one email.

Booner is there somewhere we could get all the email addresses and copy/paste them rather than each of us going through the tedious work of trying to find each individual address? thanks in advance for your suggestion and help.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on getting a solution from marketing at the OFSC, the way the  OFSC website is set up you would have to contact each district individually although I would think for most of us there are probably 6-8 districts we would be riding.

Edited by BoonerBP
completed sentence

I don't think that this has been mentioned in this h'yah thread yet, but it was in the current SnowTech magazine that while Minnesnowta had kicked the sledders out, Wisconsin had open arms and was essentially having their own Hayday's over there somewhere.

Toronto show cancelled/postponed.

For Immediate Release
September 15, 2020
POSTPONED Due to COVID-19
Toronto International Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show
October 23, 24, 25, 2020 - International Centre

We would like to start off by thanking the powersports community for their unwavering support for the upcoming Toronto Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show, we appreciate all of the supportive phone calls, emails and social media postings regarding opening the show in October.

However, we have come to a point where we simply cannot get a firm answer from the Ontario Government on what the regulations and restrictions are in regard to opening a Trade Show come October.

We have fought tooth and nail to work with Health officials to safely open, and we have offered even more precautionary measures in our reopening plan than the local malls and big block stores, and still we are left without firm answers, and finally to only be pushed back again. We see thousands of people gathering at local malls, retail plazas and stores and we feel that we should be allowed to operate with the same parameters as those businesses, but that is not the case.

At this time, we have no choice but to make the decision, and for our exhibitors, we regrettably are forced to cancel the 2020 Toronto International Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show.

We will be in touch with each of the exhibitors to discuss this in further detail and to honour any deposit or refund pertaining to the 2020 TISAPS.

Again, we have fought for the powersports industry and we as enthusiasts are greatly disappointed that we were not able to come through.

Please take care, and stay safe, and we hope to see you at TISAPS 2021, October 22, 23, 24, 2021.

Sincerely
Richard Kehoe,
TISAPS Staff

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Toronto show cancelled/postponed.

For Immediate Release
September 15, 2020
POSTPONED Due to COVID-19
Toronto International Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show
October 23, 24, 25, 2020 - International Centre

We would like to start off by thanking the powersports community for their unwavering support for the upcoming Toronto Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show, we appreciate all of the supportive phone calls, emails and social media postings regarding opening the show in October.

However, we have come to a point where we simply cannot get a firm answer from the Ontario Government on what the regulations and restrictions are in regard to opening a Trade Show come October.

We have fought tooth and nail to work with Health officials to safely open, and we have offered even more precautionary measures in our reopening plan than the local malls and big block stores, and still we are left without firm answers, and finally to only be pushed back again. We see thousands of people gathering at local malls, retail plazas and stores and we feel that we should be allowed to operate with the same parameters as those businesses, but that is not the case.

At this time, we have no choice but to make the decision, and for our exhibitors, we regrettably are forced to cancel the 2020 Toronto International Snowmobile, ATV & Powersports Show.

We will be in touch with each of the exhibitors to discuss this in further detail and to honour any deposit or refund pertaining to the 2020 TISAPS.

Again, we have fought for the powersports industry and we as enthusiasts are greatly disappointed that we were not able to come through.

Please take care, and stay safe, and we hope to see you at TISAPS 2021, October 22, 23, 24, 2021.

Sincerely
Richard Kehoe,
TISAPS Staff

Pretty well a foregone conclusion for several months now despite the tone of their writing.

• Thanks 1

All I can say is, Thank God!  There is no way I would be going this year!