Trailer help question

Dave K

On 7/15/2020 at 2:15 PM, Ox said:

I love my flatbed truck! :D

Only issue I ever had was one time when I was passing a string of trailers headin' north and just as I got beside the rubber duck, mine came loose.

All ended well, but there was quite a few rough seconds in there for us all...

Parked in the bush and all....

Turned out that my 4wd actuator wasn't working, and I was in 2wd.

Didn't even figger that out 'till the next summer. 

(Sorry for the thread hijack) What truck was that w/ the faulty actuator?

'99 Dodge 1 ton

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Ox said:

'99 Dodge 1 ton

OK, I knew GM has had issues with their front axle disconnect from '88 to the late 90s. BTDT

Back to our normally scheduled programming.

6 hours ago, Ox said:

Cad is a very expensive and seldom used process, let alone for hardware.

You sure that you don't mean yellow zinc?

"Yes - the mfgr used 1/8" profile alum and the bolts pulled through without a thought aboot it, but the bolts are fine..."

Zinc, yes..

• Like 1

Had a bit of a rattle coming from under the trailer the past few days. Took a look today and to my surprise both sides are worn out! Any idea where I can source these parts in the KW area? I'll be heading to Princess Auto tomorrow but always nice to have a back up plan. Thanks in advance. Have a good long weekend, while I deal with rusty bolts and bushings. I am guaranteed at least one bloody knuckle. :huh:

IMG_2441.jpg

PA should have them.  That is where I sourced them for my car hauler when I rebuilt it.

7 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Had a bit of a rattle coming from under the trailer the past few days. Took a look today and to my surprise both sides are worn out! Any idea where I can source these parts in the KW area? I'll be heading to Princess Auto tomorrow but always nice to have a back up plan. Thanks in advance. Have a good long weekend, while I deal with rusty bolts and bushings. I am guaranteed at least one bloody knuckle. :huh:

IMG_2441.jpg

Sauders camping in Stjacobs

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 10:51 AM, sledjunk said:

Dexter Axles are set up that way.  There may be another brand as well, but I'm not sure.

I found out the hard way that Dexter EZ Lube axles can cause problems as well....

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

IMG_2441.jpg

You can try Cerka in Milton.

They make trailers.  I would think higher quality then Princess Auto but cannot verify that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

IMG_2441.jpg

Does the 'pivot' need replacing too? I'm sure the 'shackles could be easily fabbed. 1/4" or 5/16" x 1" CRS? Make an extra set, so you're not running around looking for new ones next time.

HR will likely not rust as quick.

Either way tho - I'd go heavier if that's an option, and I wouldn't know why it wouldn't be.

Edited by Ox

6 hours ago, coldfinger said:

IMG_2441.jpg

Breslau  the spring place    it was Delta spring but the name has changed. Near the old Polaris dealer lol.  

9 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Breslau  the spring place    it was Delta spring but the name has changed. Near the old Polaris dealer lol.  

Wheelie sports or something like that. A guy name Wayne ran it. One of worst dealers in area at the time. I had another dealer fix everything they screwed up. 

12 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

I thought that place closed  a while after the "new" owners took over. If Coldfinger hasn't found the pieces yet, I would try KW Suspension on Courtland near the expressway.

13 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I thought that place closed  a while after the "new" owners took over. If Coldfinger hasn't found the pieces yet, I would try KW Suspension on Courtland near the expressway.

Yup good point. Got stuff from them too in the past. Did get new leaves put in my 08 a few years back on Breslau. Not sure if thry are still there today 

8 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Yup good point. Got stuff from them too in the past. Did get new leaves put in my 08 a few years back on Breslau. Not sure if thry are still there today 

Delta changed to Drive Products ( a company from Missassauga) and then they shut it down after a year or two, probably about 5 years ago now.

• Thanks 1

Since l was working in Petersburg went to Sauders in Heidelberg .They had complete tandem axle rebuild kits every thing l needed  87 $  all in. Took them awhile to find the kits so l wondered the lot , came across an enclosed trailer l could use for work and hauling sleds .My controller gave me the ok to make the deal . Cheers to the guys who suggested Sauders . 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, coldfinger said:

Since l was working in Petersburg went to Sauders in Heidelberg .They had complete tandem axle rebuild kits every thing l needed  87 $  all in. Took them awhile to find the kits so l wondered the lot , came across an enclosed trailer l could use for work and hauling sleds .My controller gave me the ok to make the deal . Cheers to the guys who suggested Sauders . 

You buy a lightning product from forest river I am assuming? 

2 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Whats your opinion on the lighting trailers ?

Owned one since 2010. Haven’t had any issues with trailer or wiring. Has worked out well for hauling farm tractors around and building materials etc. Seem to be well built and good value for money. Mine was all good quality plywood at the time too and I had arnie spray linex over top before picking trailer up. 

On 8/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, coldfinger said:

Let's get a pic posted. :icon_photo::poke2:

Soon, have not picked it up yet Sauders is busy with the camping trailers . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Soon, have not picked it up yet Sauders is busy with the camping trailers . 

They are a busy place but Arnie always had my trailer ready when I needed it. So if you need it, I am sure he can get it done. Can’t wait to see pictures. Going to spray fly with line x and sand too. He does a great job with that. Holds up really well to carbides too. 

On 7/31/2020 at 2:25 PM, volunteer2 said:

On 7/31/2020 at 2:37 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Delta changed to Drive Products ( a company from Missassauga) and then they shut it down after a year or two, probably about 5 years ago now.

Its been First Class Fleet Services for a couple years now. I've had a few of my trucks in there. They are quick and very fair on pricing.

• Like 1