Hotel/ resort rentals this winter.

Strong Farmer

12 hours ago, Ox said:

"Steal your helmet" 

LOL!

Not like on mine!

I have been gobbling up a certain old Lazer helmet anytime I find one in my size on ebay.

Mine was worn and I forgot it hanging on the headache rack of my truck in the dark one night in Wyoming.

Tried on a few new ones that next fall, and couldn't seem to pull them down far enough?

Ended up I hated the one that I bought, and - that's when I started searching for clean/used units like my old one.

I have a stash now, but not likely anyone is too concerned about a 25 yr old helmet. 

Not like I park anywhere that has people usually anyhow ....

I was told helmets shouldn’t be used after 6 or so years. I am still wearing my 22 year old brain bucket but I think it is time for a new one soon. 

On 7/15/2020 at 2:45 AM, sledjunk said:

As far as the initial topic is concerned, I think sledding may be very different this year.  Are restaurants really going to want our dripping helmets, gloves and, eww, balaclavas draped on their surfaces.  Sometimes, it is hard enough to get a cleaned table and now they will have a lot more surfaces to disinfect.  Plus, with social distancing rules, there will be fewer tables available. 

As SF mentioned, what will the rules for hotels / motels be with regard to cleaning after each guest?  Probably a lot more stringent than in the past.

Wouldn't surprise me if saddle bagging is not possible this year.

I can see much more local riding this coming winter but.. if places are open up north and willing to accommodate us and maybe it means adding some more racks for our gear and losing a table of two the sledders will still travel. Will be interesting to see it unfold. Here’s hoping for a great season. 

• Like 3