Best time / place to buy - tek vests

signfan

57 minutes ago, signfan said:

Any tips on when and where to buy a tek vest.  Do they typically go on sale at a certain vendor?  Or at the sled shows?

I am guessing no sled shows this fall, so that option is likely out. All my farm shows have been cancelled for year and one outdoor farm show in Woodstock is outside mostly but washrooms are still a huge issue and risk. Seems big events are no more until a vaccine comes out. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Going to be an interesting one for sure. 

IIRC Tekvest went into producing protection equipment. 

Good on 'em. 

I sure wouldn't want to be hanging my hopes on recreational luxury stuff at this time.

We have a serious crisis about to hit.

And a child without a clue or a spine steering the ship.

• Like 2

black friday. Ski

I believe you can order direct if you want to save a little. 8 week wait time . 

Worth every nickel in my opinion, I never ride without mine and saved me from a catastrophic injury in Quebec.

https://tekrider.ca/collections/tekvest

• Thanks 1

Best pricing I found earlier this year (Spring) was at Royal Dist - and picked one up for my son when they had the no tax saving coupon emailed out to previous customers. (They are already discounted , no tax , and free shipping - so good deal i though).

Suspect this fall they will have some other discounts - but supply may be limited ???

Edited by ecarnell

They are usually at the Peterborough sled show. Hope the show will go on this year. I miss getting up close and rubbing shoulders with snowmobilers.

Jerry

Look up sledcore mulisha on FB.  They had a special buy a few years ago that I took advantage of.  They got about 25 or so members together to buy at once for a reduced price.

Edited by 04nightfire
  • Like 1

Some good tekvest ideas, above. Have also worn one since 2007 (same year I bough the Yamaha Attak, but left vest on hanger because 'what could happen on a break in ride'). Light snow over glare ice, 2 full 360 degree spins and over the windshield (engine braking, who knew). Russian judge gave me an 8 for 'style' as I flailed thru the air. Never again. I'll wear it (and helmet) even loading a trailer. Time for a new one. Great thread - add me to the buying group, if any. Tekvests seem smaller now. I seem bigger. At the least the product's moving in the right direction.

Today, while the province was announcing Stage 3 (generally 'open'), Toronto put our a release stating no large gathering permits until October - and that's a rolling target (events, festivals).  https://www.blogto.com/radar/2020/07/toronto-cancels-events-festivals-october/

Keep an eye out for Mississauga and Peterborough announcements regarding the autumn - they may differ from 'Toronto', above, which also cancelled the October 18th marathon (race).