It keeps on Happening, Doesn’t It?

SlowTouringGuy

So sorry for the landowner.

Respect the law and dont trespass. Funny isn't it how the coppers are out in full force harassing sledders on our OWN TRAILS yet none are set up catching these blatant trespassers on ATV's? Nice job there :unsure:

OK, I'm not seein' how closing it to skidoo's helps with muddy ATV's?

Pretty simple. 

If nobody is listening, you yell at somebody else. 

Eventually, you get some sort of satisfaction, however small. 

Sad truth is, if anyone knows where these trails are, soon, everyone does. Sometimes it starts with a sledder.  It has happened 3km from my house, all over the web last week. A-holes winched the rocks blocking the trail. Likely another local sled trail lost. Yes, the ATV trespasser was a sledder.

The ATV crowd that trespasses typically has no concern for the trail, the carnage, or the owner. 

Without any viable enforcement, it will be this or insurance that ends everything.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Unfortunately manufacturers all now are making the cool mud versions and lifted units with extra knarly tires that destroy the trails even more.  Out the door right into videos with a snorkel kit version to make deepest ruts possible.  Look at what we did!   

Manufacturers need to take a bigger role in promoting conservation and proper trail etiquette.    Both in ATV world and snowmobile world. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Unfortunately manufacturers all now are making the cool mud versions and lifted units with extra knarly tires that destroy the trails even more.  Out the door right into videos with a snorkel kit version to make deepest ruts possible.  Look at what we did!   

Manufacturers need to take a bigger role in promoting conservation and proper trail etiquette.    Both in ATV world and snowmobile world. 

Agreed.  There is also the right place and time for atvs and sleds. Trails for both in this province.  Again it all comes down to the people riding the machines.  Fines and enforcement and information go along way..

• Like 1

As a dirt biker, I don't get the fascination with getting stuck in the mud. This is an absolutely miserable experience with a bike. No winches, burn up all your energy pulling your bike, and probably a couple others out of the mud, ride the rest of the day with 50 LB of mud on your bike and all over your gloves. No thank you.

Now that I also have an ATV, I still have no interest in going anywhere near a mud hole.  

• Like 5

All about enforcement  has anyone heard of someone getting charged and convicted of trespassing lately ?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

All about enforcement  has anyone heard of someone getting charged and convicted of trespassing lately ?  

Wait until the defunding of our police services takes hold. Thats for another discussion all together..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Pretty simple. 

If nobody is listening, you yell at somebody else. 

Eventually, you get some sort of satisfaction, however small. 

Sad truth is, if anyone knows where these trails are, soon, everyone does. Sometimes it starts with a sledder.  It has happened 3km from my house, all over the web last week. A-holes winched the rocks blocking the trail. Likely another local sled trail lost. Yes, the ATV trespasser was a sledder.

The ATV crowd that trespasses typically has no concern for the trail, the carnage, or the owner. 

Without any viable enforcement, it will be this or insurance that ends everything.

Bikes follow the sled trail.  If they close they know the sled club will do everything it can to re-route and the bikes end up following the new trail. Sad reality but it's true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Wait until the defunding of our police services takes hold. Thats for another discussion all together..

Inmates want to run the asylum.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Inmates want to run the asylum.

All these intellectually superior people playing armchair quarterback. Maybe if law enforcement is so out of touch to them, maybe they should become police officers? They complain that police forces don't have enough visible minorities, yet when said forces try recruit people from the target groups they dont get enough interest to hire people.

Sorry for thread hijack and the rant. The stupidity that is running rampant makes CIVID-19 seem like the common cold.

I'm hoping the media find some other controversy fast...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

All these intellectually superior people playing armchair quarterback. Maybe if law enforcement is so out of touch to them, maybe they should become police officers? They complain that police forces don't have enough visible minorities, yet when said forces try recruit people from the target groups they dont get enough interest to hire people.

Sorry for thread hijack and the rant. The stupidity that is running rampant makes CIVID-19 seem like the common cold.

I'm hoping the media find some other controversy fast...

Im waiting for the election south of the border.  Should be some good tv then..

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Im waiting for the election south of the border.  Should be some good tv then..

Trump vs Dementia (you ain't black enough) Joe.

Yup should be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Stupid is as stupid does. Thankfully stupidity cannot be ignored forever, we have to speak the truth regardless of those who want to shut us down and ride out this mess. Theres a quote I think applies here;

1. Hard times create strong men. 2. Strong men create good times. 3. Good times create weak men. And, 4. weak men create hard times.”

We are in stage 4 right now. The humor is watching some people openly scream and shout down at people like me, try to shut anyone who speaks truth and cancel them for speaking against it. Yep, thats gonna look good on ya in 20 years there, good luck with that :rotflmao:

Edited by crispy
  • Sad 1

Seems that a trail cam could be put at target spots.

Shirley there are some trail cams that would give good enough resolution to be able to pull some distinguishing info from some quads sometimes?

Especially if it is know that you are intending for daytime pics.

???

Also - I'm Shirley not going to say that this has never been me either.

I haven't knowingly been and torn up someone's private land, but with that said - I practice Tread Lightly as best that I can.

But I have taken the old trail around the S side of Wawa Lake 20 yrs ago, and I had found out that it was closed some years later.

Maybe it was from ATV use?

Was it doo to actual carnage? Or just not wanting the public back in there during the summer season?

I wouldn't know. Maybe someone can answer that?

I did access Crown Land via private land once, but I didn't realize it at the time, and I followed a logging truck in, so I Shirley ass_u_med that all was fine.

My 'Burban and trailer wasn't going to be of any consequence after 120K# of truck comes back out.

I wonder how many of these "vandals" have any clue of what they doo not being OK at the time?

I understand that when riding down below that private property is much more common - if not quite possibly be the default.

Where in Algoma and beyond, we really don't expect that anything is private automatically. And much of what is - is really only semi private. 

Meaning that it is held by the R/R or Hydro or possibly a logging company - as is the case in Big Bay, Mich. (Mead Paper)

And quite honestly, when I know that it is common for folks to use those grounds, and if I was to see some sorta sign, I honestly would ass_u_me that to be for the sake of liability on the owners part, and not so much that they wish the public to not use - conservatively at least...

???

edit:

To go along with the "semi-private" term, I was up in '03 by myself in Sept for a week. Just itting the bush roads, mostly with my truck as it rained or at least drizzled the whole time, but I did have a Scrambler along and would use it to continue beyond where a dually fits well. I would stay in the bush one night, and then head into town the next night. Rinse and repeat. 

I was back Paint Lake Road (I think that's the name - it's accrost from the Dubreuilville road) and an MNR or ??? officer stopped me and asked my plans, and when I told him, he said that since I didn't have a camping pass for the night, that I wouldn't be able to stay where I was, but if I went a few klicks up the road, that was "private" and that would be fine.

I took this pic back in there:

OneOfManyFalls1.jpg

Edited by Ox

28 minutes ago, Ox said:

To go along with the "semi-private" term, I was up in '03 by myself in Sept for a week. Just itting the bush roads, mostly with my truck as it rained or at least drizzled the whole time, but I did have a Scrambler along and would use it to continue beyond where a dually fits well. I would stay in the bush one night, and then head into town the next night. Rinse and repeat. 

I was back Paint Lake Road (I think that's the name - it's accrost from the Dubreuilville road) and an MNR or ??? officer stopped me and asked my plans, and when I told him, he said that since I didn't have a camping pass for the night, that I wouldn't be able to stay where I was, but if I went a few klicks up the road, that was "private" and that would be fine.

I took this pic back in there:

OneOfManyFalls1.jpg

Nice pic. I'm guessing that as a non-resident you needed the permit for camping on Crown Land.

In the three townships that make up our municipality, there is very little in the way of trails that isn't on private property or in the Kawartha Highlands PP. A lot of two of the townships is in the park and that's a no go unless you own a 'recreation camp' inside the boundaries.

We had 2 azzhats on ATVs ignore our signage & a gate. Rode over a 'berm' & some poplars to enter our property (caught them on the trailcams). By the time stamps they spent around 45 minutes riding around our acreage. They had just ridden thru about 600 acres of Crown, but just had to go 'exploring' past a point where they weren't wanted. It was in the fall, so I wonder what they explanation would've been had they run into 1 of us had we been partridge hunting? "Oh we didn't know it was private." (perhaps) Give me a break. I'm think that since we have 'By order Double K Hunt Club' on the signs, they were hoping that we'd only be in there during the deer hunt.

I think all ATV and snowmobile registrations should require the completion of a rider awareness course.  Where to ride legally.  Tread lightly.  No off trail etc.   Increase fines for cans and abuse. 

And ATV should require a yearly plate sticker if riding public lands or trails.  

Its unfortunate that a few cause the majority to be more heavily regulated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

I think all ATV and snowmobile registrations should require the completion of a rider awareness course.  Where to ride legally.  Tread lightly.  No off trail etc.   Increase fines for cans and abuse. 

And ATV should require a yearly plate sticker if riding public lands or trails.  

Its unfortunate that a few cause the majority to be more heavily regulated.

That's the case with any activity...

All the griping aside a couple of young lads just rode their quads into the village and back (I'm assuming for fuel). Both times by the house, they were travelling at a slow speed (no overing revving the throttle) & the exhausts were stock. :right_on:

If I had been out front I would've given them the thumbs up or a wave.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, revrnd said:

Nice pic. I'm guessing that as a non-resident you needed the permit for camping on Crown Land.

In the three townships that make up our municipality, there is very little in the way of trails that isn't on private property or in the Kawartha Highlands PP. A lot of two of the townships is in the park and that's a no go unless you own a 'recreation camp' inside the boundaries.

We had 2 azzhats on ATVs ignore our signage & a gate. Rode over a 'berm' & some poplars to enter our property (caught them on the trailcams). By the time stamps they spent around 45 minutes riding around our acreage. They had just ridden thru about 600 acres of Crown, but just had to go 'exploring' past a point where they weren't wanted. It was in the fall, so I wonder what they explanation would've been had they run into 1 of us had we been partridge hunting? "Oh we didn't know it was private." (perhaps) Give me a break. I'm think that since we have 'By order Double K Hunt Club' on the signs, they were hoping that we'd only be in there during the deer hunt.

Oh yeah?

That's just non res?