Toys for a carreer

Wildbill

Rosseau Road is looking for a technician that is interested in joining a team of excellence. The successful team member will join a team that cares and strives to learn more everyday. We are not parts replacers we understand how and why our products work. We care about the customer and the team member this is a fast paced fun workplace where both production and laughter are common place wages are competitive with productivity bonuses and benefits are available. Call Bill 705-378-5217 or email bill@rosseauroad.ca 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, zoso said:

Sounds like a great place to work. When the boss cares about the customer the techs care too.

That is so true. Hard to trust some big dealers around here in south. I bought a new compact tractor a few years ago from a dealer in southern Ontario. Long storey short. They had left over 2014 tractors they they wouldn’t discount. So I told them I would take 2015 then. Then delivery day comes and they delivered 2014 model. No wonder they don’t discount them. No one checks vin numbers and manufacturer dates on tractors, since they aren’t registered. I think this dealer does this all the time to clear old stock and not give any discounts. They did offer to switch tractor after I complained or give me a discount to keep my quiet. So we used tractor for a week and then had it switched out. They weren’t happy with it coming back with 35 hours on it but too bad. All this crap comes from top. They tried to tell me it was a mistake, but it was winter and you could see huge hole in snow bank where 2014 was sitting. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

7 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

That is so true. Hard to trust some big dealers around here in south. I bought a new compact tractor a few years ago from a dealer in southern Ontario. Long storey short. They had left over 2014 tractors they they wouldn’t discount. So I told them I would take 2015 then. Then delivery day comes and they delivered 2014 model. No wonder they don’t discount them. No one checks vin numbers and manufacturer dates on tractors, since they aren’t registered. I think this dealer does this all the time to clear old stock and not give any discounts. They did offer to switch tractor after I complained or give me a discount to keep my quiet. So we used tractor for a week and then had it switched out. They weren’t happy with it coming back with 35 hours on it but too bad. All this crap comes from top. They tried to tell me it was a mistake, but it was winter and you could see huge hole in snow bank where 2014 was sitting. 

Lots of outboard motors don't have build dates on them anymore.Guess why?

7 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Right way and people will come back after having a positive experience. Nothing like finding out your 2015 is a 2014 when you go to trade it in. 

With outboards it is the boat that seems to carry the value . A bit unfair for the older boat with the newer out board 

10 hours ago, Wildbill said:

With outboards it is the boat that seems to carry the value . A bit unfair for the older boat with the newer out board 

That is good to know. I have never had to re power a boat so far. With new engines now, most 4 strokes should last longer then boat anyway’s? These new four stroke outboards are good for a few thousand hours they claim, depending on application. At 50 hours a year that is a life time of boating for average user now.

Edited by Strong Farmer

On 6/12/2020 at 7:28 AM, Strong Farmer said:

That is good to know. I have never had to re power a boat so far. With new engines now, most 4 strokes should last longer then boat anyway’s? These new four stroke outboards are good for a few thousand hours they claim, depending on application. At 50 hours a year that is a life time of boating for average user now.

The low hours have now become a cause for failure. Between corrosion on moving parts and deferred maintenance.

2 hours ago, woodzi said:

We have an early '90's Honda outboard that is getting close to 10 years on its second boat. Still runs well, but we are seriously considering replacing it. 

Lots of 80's 2 strokes still running around as well.

2 hours ago, gtserider said:

Lots of 80's 2 strokes still running around as well.

And 70's