Worker hurt removing bridge

snowchopper

6 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Again, how does help with social distancing????  How is building a home, a garage and addition ESSENTIAL! 

Your question/ statement would be better directed to our premier's office in order to get an exact answer as we would just be speculating. Only they know for sure maybe or um.

Lol, my point exactly. The social distancing guidelines are so vague and so many gray areas and not being policed. Everyone, around here anyway is just doing what they want with no consequence. Either we are or we aren't!

47 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Again, how does help with social distancing????  How is building a home, a garage and addition ESSENTIAL! 

It was explained in one of Fords press conferences, that he doesn't want to delay housing for those who are in the process of moving within the next 6 months. So anything started for residential use prior to April 4th can continue, under strict rules/consequences..  

Edited by Yukon Cornelious
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

It doesn't but leaving a house open to the elements means a lot of damage, or theft/vandalism. Also could mean screwing with timelines leaving people out of their homes. A house two doors up from me is being built. I've seen the trades coming on different days. I saw the ESA inspector come when no one was working. Something that isn't a primary residence should be completed until it's dried in then left, but who could possible enforce that 

• Like 1

Social distancing does not mean that you can only sit your fatt assets on the couch and binge watch Gomer Pyle.

It means that you aint swappin' spit with the next person. 

Working outside?

Heck - dooing aboot anything outside for that matter....

A few people werking in/under/on/outside of a new house is a problem?

A dump truck that is from your area (dump trucks don't tend to git too far from home eh?) making a delivery to your area.

It's not two or three guys digging a grave by hand for Petey's sakes!

You want sumpthin' to actually worry aboot - how aboot that Gordons Food truck that came from Mississauga this morning?

THAT may be sumpthing worth concerning yourself with, but not like you're gunna eat without it...

Some folks just lose the spirit of the act, and git too concerned with the exactness.

"Stay at home and in your house" makes a whole lot more sense to someone living in a 5 story appartment building in the city, than it does to some joker who has 5 acres of woodland up aggin a lake.

Crickie - if he wants to fish or hunt for mushrooms - who gives a Schidt? 

Is he in your face? If so - then I guess that means that YOU aint in YOUR house eh?

Is he in ANYONES face?

You better jump all over Rev for cutt'n wood then! 

Also note - that that construction crew has likely been working together daily since before this whole thing started.

At which point should they stay away from each other?

Staying especially distant from someone not in your daily circle and especially not local is more the point.

Let's see....

Most of the week I have been in the shop all day, but today I dropped forktruck tanks off at the LP place, and continued up and snuck over the Michigan line to make a delivery and a pick-up. Came back and picked up my tanks. Back to the shop and unloaded, picked up the Mrs. and headed accrost the Indiana line to pick up a skid. Stopped at Dairy Queen, and came home by way of my G-ma's who we need to check on aboot every day.

You guys that are all held up on the couch aint gunna be safe until the rest of us git it, and you aint gunna eat for long if the rest of the world doesn't keep moving - so for Petey's sakes - let us get on with it and quit worryin' aboot what the rest of the world is dooin'.

Edited by Ox
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Ox said:

Social distancing does not mean that you can only sit your fatt assets on the couch and binge watch Gomer Pyle.

It means that you aint swappin' spit with the next person. 

Working outside?

Heck - dooing aboot anything outside for that matter....

A few people werking in/under/on/outside of a new house is a problem?

A dump truck that is from your area (dump trucks don't tend to git too far from home eh?) making a delivery to your area.

It's not two or three guys digging a grave by hand for Petey's sakes!

You want sumpthin' to actually worry aboot - how aboot that Gordons Food truck that came from Mississauga this morning?

THAT may be sumpthing worth concerning yourself with, but not like you're gunna eat without it...

Some folks just lose the spirit of the act, and git too concerned with the exactness.

"Stay at home and in your house" makes a whole lot more sense to someone living in a 5 story appartment building in the city, than it does to some joker who has 5 acres of woodland up aggin a lake.

Crickie - if he wants to fish or hunt for mushrooms - who gives a Schidt? 

Is he in your face? If so - then I guess that means that YOU aint in YOUR house eh?

Is he in ANYONES face?

You better jump all over Rev for cutt'n wood then! 

Also note - that that construction crew has likely been working together daily since before this whole thing started.

At which point should they stay away from each other?

Staying especially distant from someone not in your daily circle and especially not local is more the point.

Let's see....

Most of the week I have been in the shop all day, but today I dropped forktruck tanks off at the LP place, and continued up and snuck over the Michigan line to make a delivery and a pick-up. Came back and picked up my tanks. Back to the shop and unloaded, picked up the Mrs. and headed accrost the Indiana line to pick up a skid. Stopped at Dairy Queen, and came home by way of my G-ma's who we need to check on aboot every day.

You guys that are all held up on the couch aint gunna be safe until the rest of us git it, and you aint gunna eat for long if the rest of the world doesn't keep moving - so for Petey's sakes - let us get on with it and quit worryin' aboot what the rest of the world is dooin'.

OMG, if you're watching a Gomer Pyle marathon, you better be on a suicide watch.

Yep, because I'm 4 miles away from home. If anyone bumps into us, they're trespassing.

I haven't really noticed that much of an increase in traffic in the village. The grocery store's shelves seem to be well stocked & they're doing deliveries.

from a friend in Georgia:

Someone had posted it and she thought it was worth sharing. I agree. Ski

“I am seeing so much anxiety about resuming business, and so much anger about continued regulations. People are feeling the need to catapult to one side or the other, then fight the opposition.

Here’s my perspective, from a mainstream medical model. I think a lot of folks have fallen into the idea that social distancing was meant to stop the viral spread. It wasn’t-it was meant to SLOW it while we put medical infrastructure in place. It has worked. We have, in most parts of Georgia, not been overwhelmed like we likely would have been without protective measures. In the meantime, our testing procedures have gotten better. We’ve increased our ventilator count. We’ve gotten a little better handle on PPE supply chains, and many have helped by making masks and gowns. Phoebe in Albany has a second COVID-19 ICU opened, and Atlanta has a field hospital ready to go. It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than it was seven weeks ago.

A vaccine is a long way off. At some point, people have to be systematically exposed to begin the building of (hopeful) herd immunity. We will likely begin to experience a real increase in cases after reopening. Ideally, that exposure is controlled and calculated, in phases, to allow our medical community to respond adequately, and reduce the number of severe or fatal cases. That’s where we are.
Whether you feel like Georgia is opening too soon, or not soon enough, we were never going to social distance this thing into nonexistence.

You now need to proceed as your health, wallet, and conscience allow.

If you are medically vulnerable, you do not need to be a part of what is about to happen. Stay home if you can. If you’re not, or if your financial vulnerability trumps your health concerns, you need to proceed in ways that continue to protect yourself, and the elderly and medically vulnerable around you.

All of us need to calm down. Quit telling people who are financially struggling that they don’t care about human lives. Quit telling people who are truly at risk of dying from this virus that they are cowering in fear. Remember that until you’ve walked in someone else’s shoes, you should probably be careful in your judgement's and subsequent harsh words.

We don’t HAVE to choose an either/or proposition and fight, we could choose other ways to be. Examples include but are not limited to:
“I think this may be too soon, so I will continue to shelter myself, and pray/make masks/ check on those who can’t.”
“I really need to go back to work, so I will do so, but I will be careful and try to protect myself, my family, and those around me with healthy strategies.”
See how those positions allow each of us to do what we need to, and also respect those who are choosing differently?

One thing that allows us to do this is humility. I can acknowledge that I am not an epidemiologist/economist/whatever, that I am making decisions based on my understanding of complex subjects and my own personal health and financial situation, that I am not all knowing, always right, and an expert in all fields, and that each person around me is doing their best too. We can make different choices and still be a supportive community. We can learn and evolve in our understanding of these issues.”

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

from a friend in Georgia:

Someone had posted it and she thought it was worth sharing. I agree. Ski

“I am seeing so much anxiety about resuming business, and so much anger about continued regulations. People are feeling the need to catapult to one side or the other, then fight the opposition.

Here’s my perspective, from a mainstream medical model. I think a lot of folks have fallen into the idea that social distancing was meant to stop the viral spread. It wasn’t-it was meant to SLOW it while we put medical infrastructure in place. It has worked. We have, in most parts of Georgia, not been overwhelmed like we likely would have been without protective measures. In the meantime, our testing procedures have gotten better. We’ve increased our ventilator count. We’ve gotten a little better handle on PPE supply chains, and many have helped by making masks and gowns. Phoebe in Albany has a second COVID-19 ICU opened, and Atlanta has a field hospital ready to go. It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than it was seven weeks ago.

A vaccine is a long way off. At some point, people have to be systematically exposed to begin the building of (hopeful) herd immunity. We will likely begin to experience a real increase in cases after reopening. Ideally, that exposure is controlled and calculated, in phases, to allow our medical community to respond adequately, and reduce the number of severe or fatal cases. That’s where we are.
Whether you feel like Georgia is opening too soon, or not soon enough, we were never going to social distance this thing into nonexistence.

You now need to proceed as your health, wallet, and conscience allow.

If you are medically vulnerable, you do not need to be a part of what is about to happen. Stay home if you can. If you’re not, or if your financial vulnerability trumps your health concerns, you need to proceed in ways that continue to protect yourself, and the elderly and medically vulnerable around you.

All of us need to calm down. Quit telling people who are financially struggling that they don’t care about human lives. Quit telling people who are truly at risk of dying from this virus that they are cowering in fear. Remember that until you’ve walked in someone else’s shoes, you should probably be careful in your judgement's and subsequent harsh words.

We don’t HAVE to choose an either/or proposition and fight, we could choose other ways to be. Examples include but are not limited to:
“I think this may be too soon, so I will continue to shelter myself, and pray/make masks/ check on those who can’t.”
“I really need to go back to work, so I will do so, but I will be careful and try to protect myself, my family, and those around me with healthy strategies.”
See how those positions allow each of us to do what we need to, and also respect those who are choosing differently?

One thing that allows us to do this is humility. I can acknowledge that I am not an epidemiologist/economist/whatever, that I am making decisions based on my understanding of complex subjects and my own personal health and financial situation, that I am not all knowing, always right, and an expert in all fields, and that each person around me is doing their best too. We can make different choices and still be a supportive community. We can learn and evolve in our understanding of these issues.”

Totally off topic but I heard  there is a cure coming out of Merica  which one are you guys endorsing . The Lysol injection or bleach chewables  , leaning toward the bleach as I like the smell on my laundry. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

It was explained in one of Fords press conferences, that he doesn't want to delay housing for those who are in the process of moving within the next 6 months. So anything started for residential use prior to April 4th can continue, under strict rules/consequences..  

Completely understand, but these 2 on my road are rich cottagers building a brand new cottage and one is adding a sunroom. The new build doesn't even have a foundation yet, just scratching the overburdon off currently and bringing in forms and fill. the renovation one is a sunroom and they just poured the footing last week and now are putting up the structure. Yep must be essential.

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

Totally off topic but I heard  there is a cure coming out of Merica  which one are you guys endorsing . The Lysol injection or bleach chewables  , leaning toward the bleach as I like the smell on my laundry. 

Tide pods 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 7:02 PM, RAMSOMAIR said:

Yes, please stop SPECULATING as to what happened.

My question is this "How is this an essential service". I thought we are all still on lock down. 

Seems people are doing whatever they want and there are no consequences. Cottage up the road from is building full steam ahead and dumptrucks up and down the street even during half load season still in effect.

People, please go home.

If I recall all floating bridges must be removed by a specific date... has to do with navigation so yes it is essential. As for building the understanding I have is that current residential projects already underway can continue. New projects are not to be started. Emergency repairs such as roof, windows etc. can be performed as well.

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Completely understand, but these 2 on my road are rich cottagers building a brand new cottage and one is adding a sunroom. The new build doesn't even have a foundation yet, just scratching the overburdon off currently and bringing in forms and fill. the renovation one is a sunroom and they just poured the footing last week and now are putting up the structure. Yep must be essential.

As long as the permit is issued they are fine to carry on as  much as you dislike it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gobills said:

As long as the permit is issued they are fine to carry on as  much as you dislike it.

Yes but they are suppose to stop at each inspection point.No inspectors,no inspection, So stop continuing work.In theory anyway.

Building inspections are being done our local inspector is ( Crazy Busy ) his words with a couple of F bombs thrown in .  No one else in the building during the inspection is a stipulation .