AJ Lester

Nunz

Saw this on Fb this am, hope she will be ok. 
If you can please take a moment to ask God to help my little daughter Sadie. She’s such a sweet, caring and tough little girl and right now she’s enroute to Sick Kids to have major surgery all over her body from a brutal double dog attack. She is stable but the damage is severe, I’m sitting in my car in tears and just asking anyone who trusts in the Lord to take a moment for my little girl. My wife is with her and was also attacked, she has been stitched up but was also pretty hurt. I’ve never experienced this before, where you want to take on all the hurt of someone so badly but can’t. Watching a helicopter take your family away is horrific but I’m thankful for the kindness and skill of the team at Minden hospital as well as the air crew. Thank everyone, please keep lindsay in your prayers too. She feels terrible she couldn’t fight them off, it was 300 pounds of dog, no one could have. She’s an amazing woman, she won’t be close to the phone for a while but please pray for her. Sorry I’m just at a total loss right now, I’m angry. Really angry.

Edited by Nunz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 12

Prayers for Sadie and the family. I can't imagine what it would be like going through that experience.

26 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Prayers for Sadie and the family. I can't imagine what it would be like going through that experience.

I couldn't say anything more appropriate. I feel the love, and the hate, at the same time.

I read about a dog attack in Minden but didnt know any more details.   Sounds like it was horrific 

https://kawarthanow.com/2020/04/15/six-year-old-girl-critically-injured-in-easter-sunday-dog-attack-near-haliburton/

Edited by scottyr

51 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I read about a dog attack in Minden but didnt know any more details.   Sounds like it was horrific 

https://kawarthanow.com/2020/04/15/six-year-old-girl-critically-injured-in-easter-sunday-dog-attack-near-haliburton/

Holy crap! I caught part of the report on CHEX TV about a girl & her mother being attacked by 2 St Bernards. I didn't catch the locale or any names. 

Hopefully she has a full recovery.

That's kind of odd that I don't think I've ever heard of a St. Bernard attacking anyone, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Hope she has a speedy recovery, she's definitely in the right place. I can't believe they haven't put the dogs down yet https://globalnews.ca/news/6823174/ontario-girl-injured-st-bernards-haliburton-long-recovery/

I believe, ither during or once the investigation is done the family has the legal right to request the dogs to be destroyed. The dogs owners if they are credible should just have it done automatically before it's even requested. I'm thinking a rabies test might be ordered to rule out that if the attack was unprovoked. 

Bernards are not very prone to incidents of this nature, it's seems odd for sure. 

Prayers and thoughts for the Girl and the Family 

• Like 1

I will pass along the well wishes to the Lester's from OC'ers. the thoughts and prayers of you all are much appreciated. I wasn't going to start a  post about this because sometimes the politics of sledding can be unpleasant. This dog attack has and will be life changing for all of us who care about Sadie and her family. The dogs will be put down.

Thanks

Livin'

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

My prayers and thoughts go out to them and wish them a speedy recovery 

So sad, and frustrating as well.

Wishing all the best to Sadie and her whole family.

Thanks for posting on this Nunz, I knew it needed to be on here, just didn't have the steam to do it. Thanks for all of the "big guns" of OC for responding before and after my post... you know who you are.

Livin'

• Like 1

that is just horrible. A friend was attacked by a pit bull and bitten in the face crushing her orbital bone. She has had 7 surgeries thus far and is disfigured for life. Some dogs are not ok. I ove dogs but there are breeds that should not be allowed to be owned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zoso said:

that is just horrible. A friend was attacked by a pit bull and bitten in the face crushing her orbital bone. She has had 7 surgeries thus far and is disfigured for life. Some dogs are not ok. I love dogs but there are breeds that should not be allowed to be owned. 

I agree with you 100% but there are folks that would disagree w/ us...

If the owner trained the dog from day one this would not happen it is not the dogs falt the owners are retardes.

My heart goes out the the little girl and her family.

The dogs will have to be in quarantine for 10 days per Health Unit regs.   I am 100% positive they will be put down on the 11th day.   

There is a Go Fund Me page for Sadie if anyone is interested in helping out.    

Friends of our kids had a St Bernard that was borderline vicious.   I am not afraid of dogs generally but there was no way I would get out of my car when I went to their house if the dog was loose.    It finally bit a young child and they put it down.  

Edited by scottyr

I just saw the post for the gofundme thought I’d share the link to it.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sadie-lester

11 minutes ago, scottyr said:

The dogs will have to be in quarantine for 10 days per Health Unit regs.   I am 100% positive they will be put down on the 11th day.   

There is a Go Fund Me page for Sadie if anyone is interested in helping out.    

Friends of our kids had a St Bernard that was borderline vicious.   I am not afraid of dogs generally but there was no way I would get out of my car when I went to their house if the dog was loose.    It finally bit a young child and they put it down.  

There was 1 in our subdivision when I was growing up. It was a big lumbering suck like the 1 on the old TV show.

they can get real nasty if they are tied up all there life, and not feed. or kicked around, never know how the owners raised them. all dogs can bite if not raised right

• Sad 1