Cardinal Returns Monday, April 6 10/8mt

grover_yyz

The CTV series Cardinal returns April 4th. Season 4 should be a good one as there will be snowmobiles.

Jerry

• Like 1

Interesting spotting places I recognize from the North Bay area. A lodge near Mattawa was used in last season's shooting.

• 4 weeks later...

A location in this week's episode (repeated this Sat' @ 10 PM on CTV) is very familiar to a lot of travelling sledders. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, revrnd said:

A location in this week's episode (repeated this Sat' @ 10 PM on CTV) is very familiar to a lot of travelling sledders. 

I did not recognize any particular spot this time. I guess I don't ride enough in North Bay/Sudbury area to notice. Is the restaurant scene the place you are referring too?

1 hour ago, grover_yyz said:

Is the restaurant scene the place you are referring too?

Yes. 

Other than Terrace Suites used in Episode 1, I havent recognised any other spots. I noticed a Navistar Lone Star in tbe preview for next week and multiple shop doors. I'm wondering if it's Int'l  dealer south of the city across from the Pinewood?

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

Yes. 

Other than Terrace Suites used in Episode 1, I havent recognised any other spots. I noticed a Navistar Lone Star in tbe preview for next week and multiple shop doors. I'm wondering if it's Int'l  dealer south of the city across from the Pinewood?

I think you are right about the International dealer. Which truckstop was shown. I didn't think it looked like the Petrocan at the top of TH.

4 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I think you are right about the International dealer. Which truckstop was shown. I didn't think it looked like the Petrocan at the top of TH.

You can see the Petrocan logo in the dark (camera looking south). Also passing thru the dining area, the flat screen TV on the wall & 'low dividers' give it away. With the scene happening @ night, you don't see much of the surrounding area. I don't think it's Lewis's building, not enough doors.

29 minutes ago, revrnd said:

You can see the Petrocan logo in the dark (camera looking south). Also passing thru the dining area, the flat screen TV on the wall & 'low dividers' give it away. With the scene happening @ night, you don't see much of the surrounding area.

Except when she went through the doorway to the kitchen, she would have gone to the washrooms / shower area.

Also, the outside view of the sawmill looks like the view from the back rooms of the Companion.

27 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Except when she went through the doorway to the kitchen, she would have gone to the washrooms / shower area.

Also, the outside view of the sawmill looks like the view from the back rooms of the Companion.

I dont know if they filmed that far away. I'll have to ask Kristie if there are any other sawmills in the area besides the mill towards Powassan on the west side of the highway.

The former CBC Northern Ontario studios are used for the police station scenes.