Covid-19 Ends Snowmobile Season PLEASE READ

Big Pete

22 hours ago, revrnd said:

I read elsewhere about 'How are people going to finish their trips?' I can't imagine there being a lot of people up north riding seeing as activities have been winding down the last few days.

When we were up there - the parking lots were full.  There are still quite a few up there on saddlebag trips.  We started ours 10 days ago just before it started getting crazy....we just returned yesterday and our friends coming home today from a trip they started on the 8th.  Those of us that were up there when it was declared a state of emergency decided to just stay put as things were nuts back home and we believed we were safer there behind our helmets and out on the trail social distancing than coming home.  We sanitized our room ( as we always do when we travel with Lysol wipes) and always carry our hand sanitizer as we are "travellers" and have done this for years anyway - nothing really new for us.  But - what we were doing was "social distancing" when in restaurants, etc.  Always handling the gas pump handles with gloves on etc.  Those that are now heading up with all the warnings in place and risking the spread of the virus as irresponsible IMO...and if it was me I certainly would not go at this time if I hadn't already been there and risk bringing the virus to the north from the city.  The hospitals up there are not equipped to deal with this as most only have 2 ICU beds and don't have the equipment to deal with it as the bigger hospitals in the city.  Stay home!  Stay safe!

Edited by Giddy UP
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

When we were up there - the parking lots were full.  There are still quite a few up there on saddlebag trips.  We started ours 10 days ago just before it started getting crazy....we just returned yesterday and our friends coming home today from a trip they started on the 8th.  Those of us that were up there when it was declared a state of emergency decided to just stay put as things were nuts back home and we believed we were safer there behind our helmets and out on the trail social distancing than coming home.  We sanitized our room ( as we always do when we travel with Lysol wipes) and always carry our hand sanitizer as we are "travellers" and have done this for years anyway - nothing really new for us.  But - what we were doing was "social distancing" when in restaurants, etc.  Always handling the gas pump handles with gloves on etc.  Those that are now heading up with all the warnings in place and risking the spread of the virus as irresponsible IMO...and if it was me I certainly would not go at this time if I hadn't already been there and risk bringing the virus to the north from the city.  The hospitals up there are not equipped to deal with this as most only have 2 ICU beds and don't have the equipment to deal with it as the bigger hospitals in the city.  Stay home!  Stay safe!

13 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Everyone has reservations for next week so if there is snow they will be riding anyways. 

They must've got their video games...

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/popular-video-game-release-leads-to-long-line-outside-eb-games-1.4861455?fbclid=IwAR2lpcfZIarP4mjErCDsArX0IqHNALg90gxJD2PLdMjq63_XD7m65zWhGxM

Azzhats!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Everyone has reservations for next week so if there is snow they will be riding anyways. 

Are you promoting riding on closed trails?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Are you promoting riding on closed trails?

should check out some Facebook posts...guys saying   try to stop me.....

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Diceman said:

should check out some Facebook posts...guys saying   try to stop me.....

I guess you can't fix stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m one of the stupids then....

255 km today with my 12 year old son - first time driving a full size machine.

was 70 km breaking trail this am.

absolutely beautiful.

only contact with another individual than my son was to tell the front desk don’t bother cleaning the room just empty there garbage please (with my balaclava and helmet on while we headed out the door).

4DF540DE-5A60-4985-8388-FC0BE0EAD989.jpeg

CC4D3A1A-7B95-4275-9179-C92E3911DDFF.jpeg

1E48F093-1406-4230-921E-19FA13D1FEA7.jpeg

7601D733-AFC3-4E05-99A4-C2BA9946C36E.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

absolutely beautiful.

only contact with another individual than my son was to tell the front desk don’t bother cleaning the room just empty there garbage please (with my balaclava and helmet on while we headed out the door).

Actually you are Ok to be riding today and tomorrow, no problem. Looks like you're having fun. I should have specified I was talking about the people who intend to ride after midnight tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

We are heading home tomorrow aft. Won’t be riding closed trails.

Going to ride to elk lake eco Center for take out lunch tomorrow is our plan.

Edited by ecarnell
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ecarnell said:

absolutely beautiful.

Looking good. Enjoy while you can..

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ecarnell said:

Wish season was longer !!!!

Well we wont be bombarded w/ pics of folks riding late in the season up there :poke2:

• Haha 1

Left North Bay at 2 pm and saw about 20 rigs within 2 hrs   Mainly 3 and 4 beds heading north. Ya just shook our heads   hopefully the virus doesn't get up there    hopefully they stay to themselves and everyone up there is taking all the precautions they can. Also saw 6 motor coaches 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Giddy UP said:

Well said. 

Late last week I contemplated heading up to Cochrane with one of my boys who was home from school due to it being closed, but decided it safer if we didnt for the same reasons you mention above.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Well we wont be bombarded w/ pics of folks riding late in the season up there :poke2:

riiiiight... want some? :D Ski

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ecarnell said:

absolutely beautiful.

Great pics Eric. I bet your son remembers this March break for a long time. 

57 minutes ago, tricky said:

Great pics Eric. I bet your son remembers this March break for a long time. 

X2

Wonderful pics. Great memories

Rode a few more 'loops' in the Kap area today.  Trails were in excellent shape around Kap, but Moonbeam  has not groomed since the new snow, so we stayed on mostly groomed trails.

Unfortunately, we have to head home to the madness tomorrow.

More pictures will be uploaded tomorrow

20200321_150046.thumb.jpg.3137d7c2002b8775d53122d5b3483d18.jpg

20200321_150051.thumb.jpg.d1daafb701913130bb1e2e1463272a05.jpg

• Like 2

Is riding on a closed trail the same as driving on closed roads with respect to insurance?

That is knowingly driving on a closed road voids your insurance coverage?  Is this true?  I was told many times over the years.

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

Is riding on a closed trail the same as driving on closed roads with respect to insurance?

That is knowingly driving on a closed road voids your insurance coverage?  Is this true?  I was told many times over the years.

It is true for your car or truck on a closed road... good question about the snowmobile on a closed trail.

3 hours ago, Sksman said:

I doubt it, but maybe in a place like Quebec 

• Confused 1

• revrnd unpinned this topic