BEWARE OF THE FUEL PUMP HAND CONTROL

This is from a gentleman in Cullman, Alabama. I cannot provide evidence that it's the truth but thought I'd pass it along for what its worth:

I just spoke with a friend who got called into an emergency meeting at his hospital. He said the virus is spreading quickly from gas pumps. He said to wear gloves or have a paper towel touch the pump and throw the napkin or gloves out before you get back in the car. Please tell everyone you know. Shopping carts as well, wipe them down. Be safe out there & God Bless Alway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

This is from a gentleman in Cullman, Alabama. I cannot provide evidence that it's the truth but thought I'd pass it along for what its worth:

I just spoke with a friend who got called into an emergency meeting at his hospital. He said the virus is spreading quickly from gas pumps. He said to wear gloves or have a paper towel touch the pump and throw the napkin or gloves out before you get back in the car. Please tell everyone you know. Shopping carts as well, wipe them down. Be safe out there & God Bless Alway

That has been common practice for a while now.

Regardless of the ongoing health concerns, I can't imagine fueling a vehicle & then eating... I've kept a container of Wet Ones in the cab of the truck for several years now.

34 minutes ago, revrnd said:

That has been common practice for a while now.

Regardless of the ongoing health concerns, I can't imagine fueling a vehicle & then eating... I've kept a container of Wet Ones in the cab of the truck for several years now.

Wet ones do not kill the virus.

Sure it's possible, just like with any frequently touched objects. I always carry hand sanitizer in my car door and use it whenever I get in my car. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^^^ this... for more than 10 years. shake hands, touch money, touch a door handle, fuel pump... HAND SANITIZER. and never touch your face without washing hands, or sanitizing. common sense for germophobes. Ski

• Like 1

Not sure that I have ever used a "hand sanitizer" in my life.

With that said - I'm also not typically around too many people daily either.

However - I doo typically try to wear a pr of gloves when fueling the truck - as I hate the smell of gas - and worse - diesel on my paws afterwards.

I find that rest is the best prevention.

Edited by Ox
  • Like 1

I just make sure to spill some gas onto my hands. Pretty sure that kills everything:huh:

• Like 1

I knew a fella that used that approach for crabs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Zertrider said:

I just make sure to spill some gas onto my hands. Pretty sure that kills everything:huh:

I saw a story on the news about the dropping fuel prices the other day. They showed a guy taking the nozzle out of his pickup & he must've spilled half a liter of diesel on the ground as he swung it towards the pump.

10 hours ago, Zertrider said:

I'll go with that.I pickup a fuel nozzle 10 -20 times aday in the summer.My cost in wipes would be more than the money I make on gas.Germaphopes have  a  problem  and it is mental  health issue.Your body is designed to prevent disease and  infection I have a very antidotical survey of kids starting at newborn to there 20's.The ones that were  bug spayed to death at a young age are much less tolerant to bites as they get older.The use of antibiotic and disinfectant is so wide spread that people have not built any immunity on there own,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gtserider said:

I'll go with that.I pickup a fuel nozzle 10 -20 times aday in the summer.My cost in wipes would be more than the money I make on gas.Germaphopes have  a  problem  and it is mental  health issue.Your body is designed to prevent disease and  infection I have a very antidotical survey of kids starting at newborn to there 20's.The ones that were  bug spayed to death at a young age are much less tolerant to bites as they get older.The use of antibiotic and disinfectant is so wide spread that people have not built any immunity on there own,

I believe this, as a kid I used to swim in Toronto harbor near the Don River.  I was tempered in raw shite and rarely get sick.