Trying times

GrizzlyGriff

Stay safe everyone. Don't hesitate to stay at home. 

• Like 5

Me and my little company of 3 guys are shutting down untill Monday to see what’s happens by then ,fogging sled and other stuff around the house ,lots of rye and gas and food ,we are good for a few holidays 

• Like 2

Cancelled my room in Haileybury. Countdown to next season starts now.

Bored at home. Thinking of getting a quad. Used to have a Grizzly. Maybe settle for a Kodiak. Run down to the park with a cooler 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Bored at home. Thinking of getting a quad. Used to have a Grizzly. Maybe settle for a Kodiak. Run down to the park with a cooler 

Bearly adequate don't you think? LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah.  This sucks.   My wife is laid off and she is being told that she won’t be back to work for at least a month.   I am a Realtor and am essentially out of business right now as no one wants to have strangers in looking at their house nor do they want to go out and look at new houses.   

And now the trails are closed. 

Myself and my crew of 4 decided to stay open for now. We actually have enough work for about the next 4 days. After that, i have no idea. We discussed mabye rotating days off to avoid completely shutting down. 

Wife, kids and neighbors are all off and bored already...going to be a long couple months.

We've been self isolating for a week now, except for a run to the hospital on Tuesday. We had to call ahead to avoid the lineup to get in due to them screening everyone on the way in but other then that things seemed normal. We have a weeks worth of food left, trying to decide when we should stock back up 

I agree to do everything that is recommended but try to carry on with some sort of activities. My huge concern is I sure as hell don't want to be needing to go to the hospital with an injury. Chainsaw work can wait and driving is at a minimum except North Bay to get our daughter from university now. Gonna be a windy ride tomorrow 

20 minutes ago, crispy said:

Good time to count your many blessings and be thankful we live in Canada. Best wishes to everyone through this silent storm

Agreed Crispy. Lets all work together. Next season will be here before you know it, and we need this coronavirus GONE,  before then.  Everyone take care, stay calm and be patient.  We will get through this.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TURBO DOO said:

Agreed Crispy. Lets all work together. Next season will be here before you know it, and we need this coronavirus GONE,  before then.  Everyone take care, stay calm and be patient.  We will get through this.  

Yes. We got thru SARS and the H1N1 (which I don't recall as much). I'll be self-isolating in the shop & sled shed. Need to make a couple of mods to the hand guard brackets for next season. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So how are you all making out?  We have self isolated now for 2 weeks. Lucky to be in the country 

5 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

So how are you all making out?  We have self isolated now for 2 weeks. Lucky to be in the country 

Me too, country is great now. We have only left for essentials. Got wood chipper rebuilt and ready for spring clean up today. That will keep us busy until grass cutting starts. I still have manure spreading to do too. Ordered a truck of bedding from Quebec and was glad they can still bring me a tractor trailer load of shavings. People have to eat after all. Stay safe everyone! 

Last day in the office was yesterday, working from home now till this is past us. a few essential guys working in the shop still but all office people now home.

Video chatting with the kids everyday

trying to stretching grocery store visits to every other week

LOVING not having to commute to work everyday!!

4 weeks till ATV trails open, will be needing some isolation time in the great outdoors again !

Stay safe everyone !!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Last day in the office was yesterday, working from home now till this is past us. a few essential guys working in the shop still but all office people now home.

Video chatting with the kids everyday

trying to stretching grocery store visits to every other week

LOVING not having to commute to work everyday!!

4 weeks till ATV trails open, will be needing some isolation time in the great outdoors again !

Stay safe everyone !!

Where you ride? 

self isolated in Dubreuilville for 2 weeks march 13th-26th, then came home to michigan, thursday will be 14 days here, total so far close to 28 days, only going to the grocery 1 time per week (MAX), trying to stretch to 10-14 days, only one of us goes, with a list. it is getting old already. our vehicles are all nice and detailed though. :D spring clean up on the lawn has begun, i will be mowing by saturday. i am ready to ride the dirt or street bikes, you can only watch so much tv. the hbo mini doc/movie Chernobyl, was PRETTY DARN GOOD THOUGH! 

stay safe and healthy, my friends. Ski

• Like 5

Going into 4th week of isolation. Haven't left the house other then curbside grocery pickup every 2 weeks and 2 trips to the hospital, and a few walks. Finally got the basement mudding and sanding all done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Where you ride? 

OFATV trails mainly

34 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Do you think trails will open?  

Edited by Sledguy74

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Due to the pandemic Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the constantly changing updates and directives from all levels of government, the OFATV is taking proactive measures to support efforts to reduce the spread of this worldwide pandemic.

These are unprecedented times and like many other responsible businesses we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of you, your families, our communities and businesses across the province.

The OFATV Executive Board of Directors is asking all OFATV clubs to cancel any scheduled face to face meetings until further notice and instead use the OFATV conference call line to conduct club business.

As trails are closed for Spring thaw presently there are no group rides to cancel, we will be keeping on top of the ever-changing information and will notify of any cancellations of future rides as the time come closer. Unfortunately, we cannot open our trails earlier for those wanting to get out and ride, opening date for many clubs depends on by-laws and mother nature 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the constantly changing updates and directives from all levels of government, the OFATV is taking proactive measures to support efforts to reduce the spread of this worldwide pandemic.

These are unprecedented times and like many other responsible businesses we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of you, your families, our communities and businesses across the province.

The OFATV Executive Board of Directors is asking all OFATV clubs to cancel any scheduled face to face meetings until further notice and instead use the OFATV conference call line to conduct club business.

As trails are closed for Spring thaw presently there are no group rides to cancel, we will be keeping on top of the ever-changing information and will notify of any cancellations of future rides as the time come closer. Unfortunately, we cannot open our trails earlier for those wanting to get out and ride, opening date for many clubs depends on by-l

14 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Due to the pandemic Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the constantly changing updates and directives from all levels of government, the OFATV is taking proactive measures to support efforts to reduce the spread of this worldwide pandemic.

As trails are closed for Spring thaw presently there are no group rides to cancel, we will be keeping on top of the ever-changing information and will notify of any cancellations of future rides as the time come closer. Unfortunately, we cannot open our trails earlier for those wanting to get out and ride, opening date for many clubs depends on by-laws and mother nature 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the constantly changing updates and directives from all levels of government, the OFATV is taking proactive measures to support efforts to reduce the spread of this worldwide pandemic.

As trails are closed for Spring thaw presently there are no group rides to cancel, we will be keeping on top of the ever-changing information and will notify of any cancellations of future rides as the time come closer. Unfortunately, we cannot open our trails earlier for those wanting to get out and ride, opening date for many clubs depends on by-l

I changed oil in grizzly yesterday. Need it for work now anyways, until trail opens. .