Chapleau - Executive Suites Inn - NEW

revrnd

During our ride into Chapleau, I noticed this 'new' lodging across the road from the ball diamond:

https://executive-suites-inn-ca.book.direct/en-us/amenities

959241373_ChapleauDiagram.thumb.JPG.22c206cb9552058123c7e453a629d4de.JPG

This screen grab is dated 2009. There were several vehicles parked out front & I think it had been painted. I don't recall a lodgings being there in the past. I remember getting gas @ a station further up the street in the 2000s an sled trips thru there. Nothing noted as closed for this location in the database.

623685602_ChapleauExecutiveSuites.thumb.JPG.9ba857820335438077cd530a6dd027b6.JPG

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:11 PM, revrnd said:

During our ride into Chapleau, I noticed this 'new' lodging across the road from the ball diamond:

https://executive-suites-inn-ca.book.direct/en-us/amenities

959241373_ChapleauDiagram.thumb.JPG.22c206cb9552058123c7e453a629d4de.JPG

This screen grab is dated 2009. There were several vehicles parked out front & I think it had been painted. I don't recall a lodgings being there in the past. I remember getting gas @ a station further up the street in the 2000s an sled trips thru there. Nothing noted as closed for this location in the database.

623685602_ChapleauExecutiveSuites.thumb.JPG.9ba857820335438077cd530a6dd027b6.JPG

I saw it this season on my trips.  As the trail crosses the road to Valentine Farms B&B and beyond you see it.  At night it was lighted in away to draw attention and I was curious about it.  Just hard to give up our favorite in Chapleau which is Valentines with the chicken coop storage although not heated is much warmer than the really cold nights and there is no snow to clean off.  Just a nice place to keep the sleds and it is always like being at home for us. 

• Like 1

I was by no means knocking the B&B. Just letting folks know there are alternatives if it's booked.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:39 PM, revrnd said:

I was by no means knocking the B&B. Just letting folks know there are alternatives if it's booked.

It was not taken as any sort of promotion and I was glad you put it on here because of my curiosity.

There were a number of seasons when the B&B was fully leased to utility crews and the like.  Great for the financials, but sad for us as we missed staying and visiting with Ross and Frenda.  We have stayed at most other places along the trails, but never the hard to get to in town center.  We stayed at the Moosehorn Lodge also which is the gorgeous place out on the lake and right on the through trail.  If you need gas they will provide that too.  When I'm paying for multiple members of a group it is not what I prefer.  The B&B is most like home and my favorite anyway.  A great value when breakfast is included. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

When I'm paying for multiple members of a group it is not what I prefer.

?

(pardon my misunderstanding)

The Aux Trois Moulins was handy when TOP F was open. Too bad it's at the other end of town now.

Our departure from Chapleau was delayed for several minutes as a westbound train was just crossing the road as we left. Mind you the same thing could happen @ the south end of town too.

21 hours ago, revrnd said:

?

(pardon my misunderstanding)

The Aux Trois Moulins was handy when TOP F was open. Too bad it's at the other end of town now.

Our departure from Chapleau was delayed for several minutes as a westbound train was just crossing the road as we left. Mind you the same thing could happen @ the south end of town too.

I meant when I had my kids with me the Moose Horn Lodge got expensive at $175 each x 3 = $525/night.  Very nice place, but if we stayed in the main house, it felt like we were being watched.  I have spoken with others who had a large group and got to stay in the lodges and only came into the main house for meals.  They thought it was great. 

I preferred the B&B anyway.  The Three Mills was good too and where I stayed back in the early 2000's when the trail came in past it., but the restaurant changed when it was sold and I don't like it as much anymore.  I realized that during the years when the B&B was leased out for the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1