6 day eastern Quebec trip

Motorhead

Just came back from a great 6 day ride. 

Group of 8. Only minor issues with 2 sleds on last day. Had to assist police with a stuck sled call to 911 on day 3. Older couple stuck on trail. Drifting and blowing snow that day and missed turn.  Stuck on trail at train crossing out of lac st John.  Train parked . Had to figure way around. All good fun

20200303_093738.jpg

20200303_141723.jpg

6 hours ago, Motorhead said:

Just came back from a great 6 day ride. 

Group of 8. Only minor issues with 2 sleds on last day. Had to assist police with a stuck sled call to 911 on day 3. Older couple stuck on trail. Drifting and blowing snow that day and missed turn.  Stuck on trail at train crossing out of lac st John.  Train parked . Had to figure way around. All good fun

Had that happen to us north of Key River years ago. Luckily after 20 minutes it started to move & cleared the crossing. Crossing is no longer used as the trail has been relocated to a level crossing near Grundy Lake.

Sounds like you didn't lose any days to blizzard conditions, like we did last year the end of Feb in the Gaspe region - Matane. This is a shot the day after I rolled ending my ride on the trip, and for the season last year. You have to respect the weather in those regions. The winds were close to 100km\hr that night, and when we awoke the next morning, you could barely find the sleds. 

Big group. Well done. 

IMG-20190226-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190226-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, Motorhead said:

Itenary based out of Shawinigan

20200227_120437.jpg

H'mm. Kind of wonder if I'm too good to the group I lead, and yes l'm a bit retentive.

1584461155666_2020 Route Card.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

H'mm. Kind of wonder if I'm too good to the group I lead, and yes l'm a bit retentive.

1584461155666_2020 Route Card.jpg

I can post an example of 1 my itineraries LOL