NEW LISKEARD

thetorches

Small 80 km loop from New Liskeard yesterday afternoon - picked up a used 900 ACE and wife's first time driving alone (she did awesome). Trails could do with some grooming!

AD4A2A5E-A2B2-4470-B6C6-AFC2E878C21A.jpeg

4AC35CC2-34E7-48B4-B8B1-8BDC9D9792D2.jpeg

Edited by ecarnell
  • Like 4

Congrats to your wife, Eric, for taking on and conquering the challenge of sledding. I like the choice of used sleds. Looks like you got some nice weather.

I have a room booked in Haileybury for the weekend. Is it worth the drive from Oshawa. Just read on Facebook that they groomed last night.

5 hours ago, ecarnell said:

4AC35CC2-34E7-48B4-B8B1-8BDC9D9792D2.jpeg

Incredible pic - on the river, as I recall.

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, thetorches said:

I have a room booked in Haileybury for the weekend. Is it worth the drive from Oshawa. Just read on Facebook that they groomed last night.

A post I read somewhere in the last 2-3 days (cant remember where LOL) was from someone who had driven south on Hwy 11. They suggested that Kirkland Lake would be a better place to start since the snow conditions looked better there as compared to the New Liskeard area. Someone else  yesterday said the river at New Liskeard appeared to be starting to break up and that they couldn't get on it at the spot where the A trail meets the river trail north of Liskeard.

• Like 2

We are just at Elk Lake Eco Center for lunch - nice spot!

trails were groomed last night from new liskeard and were very pleasant!

the 850 apparently is much much colder than the GSX!

D06E0C7F-1582-4E5C-8F55-A8BD275C8985.jpeg

7FA6AB15-A138-4E3B-8618-7675E9519502.jpeg

0A1B652E-73F6-4984-9F30-379EBE0BFAFD.jpeg

• Like 4

This is A trail off the river at New liskeard 3pm today (missed pic from the am today).

Yesterday around 3pm it was fine/snow/ect - ran it no problem without second guessing.

Between yesterday afternoon and 10:45am today it had been opened up and refrozen . No idea what happened , but when I crossed this am with the sled I was crossing my fingers.

no idea how deep it is there? 
it was also -19 Celsius last night , but on our way back this afternoon some spots had a layer of moving/non frozen water on the river. Crazy.

7ACD24AF-E787-4A1F-830A-01E1D94A8728.jpeg

25B6072B-2BB6-4E2C-AD4B-7C291A05FCA3.jpeg

• Like 2

"You first ", as Slow Touring Guy likes to say. 

( very polite chap )

• Haha 1

I’m in New Liskeard right now for a small trip, drove up from the cabin to find trails. The trails we were on today had barely enough snow for lube on the sliders, the sleds were running hot. Haileybury trails weren’t bad but the trails in & around NL are pretty icy & rough in spots. I don’t think the trails should be shown as green as of right now. 

• Like 1

Just to give an update NL got some fresh wet snow last night and it really helped!

• Like 1

I left this am ... :( nice to see some fresh snow - and more to come in the forecast I see!

enjoy the trails and ride safe! 

hopefully heading back up to Kirkland lake this weekend with my 12 year old son for some riding.

Honestly even though conditions may have improved on the river in NL, I don’t want to risk it or have son worried about open water (even if just standing water)  2 ft away form your skis (not that I would ever want /let him attempt to cross open water at his experience level).

2794FD58-2307-4117-BD4F-2EBEFD00C030.jpeg