NEW LISKEARD

thetorches

Going solo to New Liskeard this weekend or next weekend. Just wondering if anyone will riding up there thay I could tag along with. Thanks.

I thought you retired! What are you doing snowmobiling on weekends? I'll be driving home Saturday. 

I could go during the week. Just thought there would be a better chance of finding someone to ride with on the weekend. 

I am part of a group booked to ride the Northern Corridor Wednesday thru Friday. You are likely correct about more weekend riders, but that is why we go midweek. 

10 minutes ago, tricky said:

I am part of a group booked to ride the Northern Corridor Wednesday thru Friday. You are likely correct about more weekend riders, but that is why we go midweek. 

Companion was booked full the 2 midweek nights we were there last week and majority were sledders. same at Westway last Monday night.

I certainly hope to ride NL again this season, but my timing is up in the air. Possibly the week of March 16.

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Companion was booked full the 2 midweek nights we were there last week and majority were sledders. same at Westway last Monday night.

Thanks for the heads up PLC. I have only booked tomorrow night in Timmins. Better get on at least Wednesday night. Hard to book when I can't get the number riders or how long we are way for. Got a group that I compared to old ladies, and rounding them up is like herding cats.

Edited by tricky
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tricky said:

Thanks for the heads up PLC. I have only booked tomorrow night in Timmins. Better get on at least Wednesday night. Hard to book when I can't get the number riders or how long we are way for. Got a group that I compared to old ladies, and rounding them up is like hearding cats.

Woodzi going?   Haha!

i'm off the week of March 16. My wife and I were going to go North but she has a shoulder issue that is bugging her. If anyone from the area wants to go for the week and split costs of gas let me know.

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

Woodzi going?   Haha!

He has a proctologist's appointment!

2 hours ago, tricky said:

He has a proctologist's appointment!

His favourite excuse is that "he got some bad shrimp".    "Feeling sick buddy".    "Mama says I better stay home and rest."   

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, scottyr said:

His favourite excuse is that "he got some bad shrimp".    "Feeling sick buddy".    "Mama says I better stay home and rest."   

Before tagging on to Sledjunk's 'wagon train' for most ot their adventure, I texted a buddy in Jan' (who had ridden w/ us up north many times) about heading up to Cochrane & riding over to Hearst & back.

He has a live in g/f now (since last winter) & his response was "I don't think I'll be riding this season, I didn't buy a permit". Talking to a mutual friend afterwards. I said I thought that since he'd been staying close to home the past couple of seasons due to his late father's declining health, he'd want to get away for a few days.

Maybe I should've texted his brother (another D14 & D15 vet) & has been out riding w/ his son who got his licence last season? I think his 900 Rene' needs some open miles.

See trails are mostly green still. Any firsthand info on conditions. 

I left New Liskeard this am.   The trails are OK around there.   There is quite a bit more snow once you get to Earlton.    The trails from Elk Lake to timmins are mint.   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I left New Liskeard this am.   The trails are OK around there.   There is quite a bit more snow once you get to Earlton.    The trails from Elk Lake to timmins are mint.   

X2. We missed the yellow area on the A out of Elk Lake by taking L161 and L162. 

• Like 1

Rode to NL from Cochrane today. Trails were great. 162 was a bit choppy but lots of snow cover. When in towns and road crossings, it is expected to be low snow at this time of year

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, barberch said:

Rode to NL from Cochrane today. Trails were great. 162 was a bit choppy but lots of snow cover. When in towns and road crossings, it is expected to be low snow at this time of year

Where are you guys staying in Cochrane..

On 3/12/2020 at 10:32 PM, TURBO DOO said:

Where are you guys staying in Cochrane..

sorry, I just saw this. We always stay at the westway

I just got back from a 1400km loop starting in NL and heading north.   The consensus from our group would be to start in KL.    There is noticeably more snow north of NL and the trails were beat in the NL area.  Also, the river that runs through NL appeared to be breaking up a bit.   We couldnt get on it from the trail today.   We got on but we had to find a spot up the road a bit further.