Wawa - Mystic Isle Motel

revrnd

As we left Wawa last week, we passed thru the side yard of a motel & irREVerent was ahead of me. He stopped & walked back to me. He told me that it was the Mystic Isle. He & Mrs irREVerent had stayed there last summer. Good rate & nice rooms. No restaurant, but there is 1 across the highway @ the Best Northern Motel.

• Like 3

We stayed there quite a bit back when Halfway was closed because it is one of the first places on the south end of Wawa.  The trail runs through the end of the parking lot and was always a nice place to stay with good rates.  It looked like it was open this season but may have not been open the entire winter sled season a couple years back, but I have only noticed as we ride through.  Since the D trail is open from Searchmont we try to ride north rather than drive.  The driveway off Hwy 17 has quite a hill with a turn at the beginning.  I have needed 4WD to get my big trailer up to the lot at times.  Since the RMR in Dub is open, we try to ride directly up to Dub and bypass Wawa as it is only 100 miles total from Halfway and quick using the Magpie.

I would not have a problem staying there.  We just ride to get dinner or plan a stop for breakfast.  It was a nice place.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

We stayed there quite a bit back when Halfway was closed because it is one of the first places on the south end of Wawa.  The trail runs through the end of the parking lot and was always a nice place to stay with good rates.  It looked like it was open this season but may have not been open the entire winter sled season a couple years back, but I have only noticed as we ride through.  Since the D trail is open from Searchmont we try to ride north rather than drive.  The driveway off Hwy 17 has quite a hill with a turn at the beginning.  I have needed 4WD to get my big trailer up to the lot at times.  Since the RMR in Dub is open, we try to ride directly up to Dub and bypass Wawa as it is only 100 miles total from Halfway and quick using the Magpie.

I would not have a problem staying there.  We just ride to get dinner or plan a stop for breakfast.  It was a nice place.  

True, but it's always good to know what the 'better' alternatives are in case you can't get room(s).

21 minutes ago, revrnd said:

True, but it's always good to know what the 'better' alternatives are in case you can't get room(s).

I agree since I often don't reserve rooms which makes it possible to go farther or stop early.  Dub and Hornepayne  are exceptions and usually need plans.  Most other places seem to always have good options.  The worst nights are when you walk in and hear about a hockey tournament in town.       

3 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I agree since I often don't reserve rooms which makes it possible to go farther or stop early.  Dub and Hornepayne  are exceptions and usually need plans.  Most other places seem to always have good options.  The worst nights are when you walk in and hear about a hockey tournament in town.       

Yup, saw that in Timmins 1 year & our plans always for staging in NL avoided an annual tourney in Feb'.

Yep, Sudbury a few weeks ago ( hockey tournament ). Therefore stayed a bit out of town ( Valley Inn, Azilda ) - trailside, worked out.

• Like 2