2021 Snow Check

MXZSlider

With Doo, Polaris and Cat all released and Yamaha shortly, whose got their eyes on a Snow Check model? 

I'm considering one of two '20 Doo Demos,  possibly making the jump over to Polaris but might wait a year to see how the new 650 plant fares. 

17 minutes ago, MXZSlider said:

With Doo, Polaris and Cat all released and Yamaha shortly, whose got their eyes on a Snow Check model? 

I'm considering one of two '20 Doo Demos,  possibly making the jump over to Polaris but might wait a year to see how the new 650 plant fares. 

I have my eyes on a 2021 Polaris for sure. The new 650 I am sure will be a big hit for Polaris, the motor is very very strong and will surprise quite a few people and the fuel and oil economy will sway some buyers.

56 minutes ago, Nunz said:

I have my eyes on a 2021 Polaris for sure. The new 650 I am sure will be a big hit for Polaris, the motor is very very strong and will surprise quite a few people and the fuel and oil economy will sway some buyers.

Is the 650 smooth below say 25mph? and also did they clean up the lines of the plastics? Not bashing, my friend has a 2016 600 and it is really fun to ride in the twisty's, compared to my big 1200. but i find it "unrefined?" i guess is the best way to describe it. Obviously being a 2 stroke I expected it to idle a bit rougher than a 4st. but i also find his plastics kind of jagged looking.

12 minutes ago, Jason T said:

Is the 650 smooth below say 25mph? and also did they clean up the lines of the plastics? Not bashing, my friend has a 2016 600 and it is really fun to ride in the twisty's, compared to my big 1200. but i find it "unrefined?" i guess is the best way to describe it. Obviously being a 2 stroke I expected it to idle a bit rougher than a 4st. but i also find his plastics kind of jagged looking.

Yes it is, the 650 motor is so smooth but has tons on bottom end power, If you get the see the body work on the Matryx it is very automotive in finish, I think Polaris has really done a great job on the fit and finish and clean edges, My impression was they really listen to what their customers had been asking for and what they didn't like on the current platforms.

So Nunz, would you get the 650 or another 850?

3 minutes ago, rainer said:

So Nunz, would you get the 650 or another 850?

I am going to order the 850VR1 137 and likely the 650 VR1 137 for Mrs Nunz, and try it out, If the voice of reason prevailed I would order both 650's but that little extra on the top end is sure nice to have when needed. She will decide at the sled show in Barrie in a couple of weeks.  From my ride it in January I would have no problem riding the 650 anyday.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nunz said:

I am going to order the 850VR1 137 and likely the 650 VR1 137 for Mrs Nunz, and try it out, If the voice of reason prevailed I would order both 650's but that little extra on the top end is sure nice to have when needed. She will decide at the sled show in Barrie in a couple of weeks.  From my ride it in January I would have no problem riding the 650 anyday.

Without sounding like a 'cheerleader' I would agree. I currently own a 2020 600 Indy 137 and a 2019 Assault 850.

I found the 650 to be a perfect blend or middle ground between the two. 

The 650 has the same smoothness and linear pull that the 850 has and noticeable more power than the current 600. 

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out whether I stay in the 600/650 class or jump into the 850 realm and/or move up in length to 137" or 144"? 

137" track seems to becoming the norm for a pure trail sled from manufactures and out on trails, but the the allure of a 144" and some Boondocking capability is tempting. Yet there's also something to be had and said for a 129" ease of flickability on tighter trails.. At least I have until the 14th/15th from Doo & Polaris respectively to decide :unsure: 

1 hour ago, MXZSlider said:

I'm trying to figure out whether I stay in the 600/650 class or jump into the 850 realm and/or move up in length to 137" or 144"? 

137" track seems to becoming the norm for a pure trail sled from manufactures and out on trails, but the the allure of a 144" and some Boondocking capability is tempting. Yet there's also something to be had and said for a 129" ease of flickability on tighter trails.. At least I have until the 14th/15th from Doo & Polaris respectively to decide :unsure: 

I have owned several 137’s and they are harder on sliders then 121” sleds. I would consider a 129 next time. Extra storage space or passenger capability is Nic’s on longer sleds, though.