Will trails hold up?

SRXChris

I see some warm weather forecasted for the next two weeks but dipping below 0 during the night.  

Are the trails going to survive this melt down?  Looking for some advice as we were planning a March break trip around the Calabogie area but now having second thoughts. 

Going to work tonight in Belleville I seen a lot of bare spots and E106 looked very sloppy. 

Thanks.  Chris. 

Edited by SRXChris

2 hours ago, Rich Saul said:

Melt has begun in lake st Peter..

Not good in my eyes here..

Best response ever!! Who the Fheck know what a week of day time temps will bring. There is not of quality snow back.Sure  cold at night but the sun is your enemy this time of year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRXChris said:

I see some warm weather forecasted for the next two weeks but dipping below 0 during the night.  

Are the trails going to survive this melt down?  Looking for some advice as we were planning a March break trip around the Calabogie area but now having second thoughts. 

Going to work tonight in Belleville I seen a lot of bare spots and E106 looked very sloppy. 

Thanks.  Chris. 

Ignore the troll. Perhaps check in with the local club or place where you are staying; assuming a motel and not a cottage. Maybe someone here from the area will chime in. I too am chasing the snow.

• Like 1

I think the south may squeeze out another weekend, it’s a close call forsure. As long as the sun stays away and temps drop at night like they’re supposed to, I think there’s a good chance of one more weekend in the south. Wife and I going out tomorrow for what I think will be our last little ride of the year for us.

Edited by Baylaker

I am heading to Lake St. Peter on Thursday.  Hoping the trails will hold up for one last weekend.  The optimistic side of me thinks that the trails have enough snow to hold up, but the sections that run along the road will be tough...

Should be good to squeeze another weekend ride in D2/6 area, lots of snow East of Bancroft on the 900/1000 series trails. Probably still good in LSP(Mink LK area) as well but sure the railbed(B106E) will be bumpy as hell. 

Rode the 1006 and 1009 last weekend, awesome trails.

Should have booked the trip sooner but plans fell through.  Any updates from around there later would be great.

52 minutes ago, Fergie said:

I am heading to Lake St. Peter on Thursday.  Hoping the trails will hold up for one last weekend.  The optimistic side of me thinks that the trails have enough snow to hold up, but the sections that run along the road will be tough...

You will be fine this weekend. 

Groomers where out yesterday doing what they could.

Road side runs are poor.

Another week of plus temps will have the water running everywhere..

Most road ride areas in the Muskoka’s are now toast until we get a new snowfall 

23 hours ago, Rich Saul said:

Melt has begun in lake st Peter..

Not good in my eyes here..

That use to be my child hood stomping grounds. Great Lake in summer time no doubt. Never spent any time there in winter as my grand parents rented a cottage on lake for 3 weeks a year, near old foster store and she’ll station in 1990’s.