Haliburton to Bancroft area motels?

Candubrain

Looking at going to the Haliburton to Bancroft area next week for a couple days of riding.

Any recommendations for a cheap motel.....don't do B&B's.   Something close to the trails

thanks

brian

In Bancroft the Sword is just off the trail (across the bridge). Close to gas & restaurants. The Motor inn is a bit of a ditch bang & no restaurants nearby. 

In Haliburton there is the Lakeview Motel in town across from the trail. Northwood Inn has trail access. There are other resorts in the area. I have no info otherwise.

Have you thought of Whitney. A couple of motels close to the trail, two restaurants & fuel just south of the bridge.

Check the link in my signature for more.

• Like 1

thank you for the info

I like pinestone, since there is lots of trailer parking. Lakeside not so much but if you have a small rig, not too bad If place isn’t  super busy. There homemade trail is ok to access man trail, but is narrow and hard when another sled approaches, if that happens. I say both accommodations are good though. 

If you want cheap there is a motel beside the XTR gas station just as you are coming into Haliburton I was getting gas there and the sign was $ 80 a night . Sorry can't remember the name .

9 hours ago, northstar said:

If you want cheap there is a motel beside the XTR gas station just as you are coming into Haliburton I was getting gas there and the sign was $ 80 a night . Sorry can't remember the name .

Thats the Lakeview.

i think the Northwood Inn is long closed think its an antique place now. Lakeview is the motel a little further along 121 past the Independent toward Piestone has its own trail onto the B103. The one in town by the XTR station is the Silver Maple and it has access onto Head lake onto the B103.

1 hour ago, smokeater466 said:

i think the Northwood Inn is long closed think its an antique place now. Lakeview is the motel a little further along 121 past the Independent toward Piestone has its own trail onto the B103. The one in town by the XTR station is the Silver Maple and it has access onto Head lake onto the B103.

My bad & thank you for correcting me! I should've known that yes the Northwoods has be closed for years :icon_doh: Especially since I've driven by it several times this year. You are correct on the names of the other motels.

The Northwoods was a good spot in my youth. They had live bands Friday and Saturday nights. Now they roll the sidewalks up at 9.

• Like 1

looks like my trip is cancelled for now.  but thank you for all the info

brian