Sir Sams resort.

Baylaker

Wifey and I are thinking we want to try Haliburton trails as we’ve only been over that way to ride Hali forest, but never the ofsc trail system. We’ve heard it’s very nice, but can also be very busy. We’re definitely thinking a mid-week ride. Have any of you been there recently? Trail is right at the door from what I can tell. Wife looked it up and says she likes the looks of it, but sometimes looks can be deceiving. Any info on this place would be great! Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Wifey and I are thinking we want to try Haliburton trails as we’ve only been over that way to ride Hali forest, but never the ofsc trail system. We’ve heard it’s very nice, but can also be very busy. We’re definitely thinking a mid-week ride. Have any of you been there recently? Trail is right at the door from what I can tell. Wife looked it up and says she likes the looks of it, but sometimes looks can be deceiving. Any info on this place would be great! Thanks guys!

Never stayed there, since rooms are mostly designed for couples. It is a nice place but if you are just going to snowmobile, Pine Stone is a better location, especially with b trail being closed from eagle lake now. 

• Like 1

We used to take the kids skiing there years ago. At the moment snow/trail conditions are much better east of there. I haven’t  been in a number of years so..I’ll boldly suggest another option.  Look up Madawaska lodge and call Stephan. You can ride over from Hali or drop in Birds Creek and ride up. Clean and reasonably priced. Family atmosphere...Very good food. Lots of loops to do from there. Spectacle Lake Lodge is also cool, w very good food. Wide smooth trails that are not too busy, especially midweek. Have fun wherever you go. Cheers. 

• Like 1

Map is showing 12 lake trail connecting to B, is this a new trail? 22782E95-D2DA-4FC1-AAAE-DF12115E9D8D.thumb.png.4e307cb2fa26b7c2a7a5f810bbceca9a.png

No, not really. Its what's left of the old dis-jointed B trail. The one that use to cross Moose and Eagle lakes, when they had to shut it down Sir Sam's still wanted a trail to their door. The they left the B open to Bushwolfe lake road and named the staked portion the 12.

Livin'

• Like 1

Stayed at Sir Sams Inn 4 years ago while doing the RAP tour. Really enjoyed the stay. The rooms were good and the meal was fantastic! We were booked in for the "snowmobilers special" so to our surprise our dinner was covered.