Geraldton-Longlac-Nakina

Sergio

Hello Everyone, just new to the forum and looking for some information on the place to stay in Geraldton-Longlac-Nakina area... Long time ago I heard that there is government operated accommodation in that area for emergency workers, policemen, fire department... Any one has any information on it? Contact information/phone #/ or just name /approx. location?

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Hello Everyone, just new to the forum and looking for some information on the place to stay in Geraldton-Longlac-Nakina area... Long time ago I heard that there is government operated accommodation in that area for emergency workers, policemen, fire department... Any one has any information on it? Contact information/phone #/ or just name /approx. location?

Welcome to OC :wavey:

I hadn't heard that kind of accommodation. I'm sure there are folks that have stayed in Longlac or Geraldton more recently than our group did. In Geraldton we stayed @ the Crown & Anchor Motel. There isn't much up in Nakina. A few motels in Longlac which might be a better destination. 

Check the link in my signature to the lodging database that I manage.

In Geraldton, Between Bridges Motel is probably the best bet. A bit out of town on Hwy 11, but arguably the nicest place. Also, Silver Nugget and Crown & Anchor in town. Not much in Nakina. Long Lac has a decent place, but the name escapes me. Only gov’t run place I’m aware of if the MNRF’s Greenstone fire base, just north of Geraldton, but that’s strictly for gov’t employees on business. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sergio said:

Welcome to OC Sergio. As you can see there is lots of good info here and a bit of fun as well.

The only decent accommodation in Longlac is Four Winds hotel. I have stayed there for work many times. Lcbo across the street and restaurant across the parking lot. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

The only decent accommodation in Longlac is Four Winds hotel. I have stayed there for work many times. Lcbo across the street and restaurant across the parking lot. 

Good to hear, we are staying there in March, just booked rooms this am, Thank you

we stayed at the golden nugget in geraldton YEARS AGO... BP, did they have a name change? was a "decent place" not 5 stars but, clean and near the trail at the time. Ski

1 hour ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

No problem Nunz , where are you starting and travelling then ? 

Starting in Cochrane for a couple of days, then Hearst for the night, Longlac for the night, back to Hearst for night, Kap for the night, then Cochrane for the last 2 nights, based on our schedules it might be slim pickings after that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skidooboy said:

we stayed at the golden nugget in geraldton YEARS AGO... BP, did they have a name change? was a "decent place" not 5 stars but, clean and near the trail at the time. Ski

There is a Golden Nugget and Silver Nugget. If I recall correctly, the Silver Nugget was the better of the two. Between Bridges tops either. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, skidooboy said:

On 2/21/2020 at 12:11 AM, Bucking Pig said:

There is a Golden Nugget and Silver Nugget. If I recall correctly, the Silver Nugget was the better of the two. Between Bridges tops either. 

BP, can you confirm if the Gold Nugget is even open? My database has it listed as closed.

Hmm. You could be correct. It’s been awhile since I was last there, and we haven’t used them for ages. 

I have a chum in G-town.  I’ll see if I can get hold of him. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nunz, after chatting with you I drove from T Bay down to Sebright. I pulled in to the Long Lake # 58 Reserve and confirmed they do not have premium gas. Couldn’t find a number for the Can-op across from the West Winds so called the Robin’s next door and he confirmed no premium at Can-op or anywhere in Longlac. Premium is only available in Geraldton . 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:07 AM, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Nunz, after chatting with you I drove from T Bay down to Sebright. I pulled in to the Long Lake # 58 Reserve and confirmed they do not have premium gas. Couldn’t find a number for the Can-op across from the West Winds so called the Robin’s next door and he confirmed no premium at Can-op or anywhere in Longlac. Premium is only available in Geraldton . 

Awesome thanks very much for the info and checking them out.

Google is your friend:

image.png.1e8d513756c34b41cf0f58f2d326f754.png