North Bay to New Liskeard

Muskoka Man

We are thinking of launching from Sand Dam Rd in North Bay and riding up A to New Liskeard next weekend ,looking for the do’s and Dont,s of this run ,looks like a about 175 k ride which is a easy one ,any thoughts from guys that have been on parts of this trail recently or in the past 

TIA   MM 

MM , myself and Mrs Buoy are in New Liskeard now. We headed for Temagami yesterday afternoon but there are a few long sections of the A that are narrow and twisty. It will slow you down for sure 

Nice ride up through Temagami , no place to stop at after Temagami for coffee or food . The trail goes through the gas station parking lot. Sand Dam parking lot is a bit of a lonely place to park, I have parked there a few times never had any problems. Sometimes theres 20-30 trucks and trailers  some times your the only one . If your staying the night the Water Front Inn is a good spot Restaurant at the hotel and lcbo across the street.

Wife and I have done this trip several times in the past 2 years from Bonfield area and found it a fairly easy ride as long as the trails are reasonably groomed which they usually are. We did Bonfield to Temagami and back same day about 2 weeks ago. Only part of this trip we both dont look forward to are the 10 miles of trail immediately north of Temagami once you get off the lake on the north side of Temagami. Even if groomed this part of the trail is twisty just like Muskoka and is tiring. However once you clear that section the long stretch on the other side of hiway 11 is your reward as it is wide and straight until the bit of trail about 5 miles south of Latchford where it gets a bit twisty again. Twice last year the wife and I did Bonfield to Latchford and back same day. We are not breaking an speed records, just steady running with only a few stops. Hope you get a sunny day to really enhance your ride.      

• Like 2

18 hours ago, northstar said:

Nice ride up through Temagami , no place to stop at after Temagami for coffee or food . The trail goes through the gas station parking lot. Sand Dam parking lot is a bit of a lonely place to park, I have parked there a few times never had any problems. Sometimes theres 20-30 trucks and trailers  some times your the only one . If your staying the night the Water Front Inn is a good spot Restaurant at the hotel and lcbo across the street.

Not entirely true...Latchford variety store has lite lunch coffee and gas...

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the input ,new snowing coming early this week and hopefully all clubs will have it flatten down for our ride on Sat ,don’t mind the twisty section as I’m a Muskoka boy ,going up on Sat staying overnight and back down on sun morn hope my riding buds don’t bail 

Full house at Sand dam Rd today .took a little 80 k run around the block then up to new Liskeard in the am

IMG_20200221_150128.jpg

IMG_20200221_134454.jpg

IMG_20200221_141527.jpg

IMG_20200221_150647.jpg

IMG_20200221_132615.jpg

IMG_20200221_133619.jpg

Edited by Muskoka Man
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Looks awesome 

Yes all the Nb trails were in great shape for the weekend