Bewdley to Hiawatha

GrizzlyGriff

Does anyone know if people are running Rice Lake from Bewdley to Hiawatha.?  Gas in the area around Bewdley seems to be an issue 

• Like 1

The trail on Rice is red (closed). I wouldn't chance it w/o real evidence that the ice is good.

7 minutes ago, Puggz said:

The trail on Rice is red (closed). I wouldn't chance it w/o real evidence that the ice is good.

I didn't really notice any tracks on the lake at Hiawatha yesterday.

Locals are running it, but there are some pressure cracks

Without some local knowledge of the the lake I wouldn't advise it.

It is true, there is no gas available at Bewdley

Worst case scenario, you could ditch-bang to Bailieboro. I have done it in the past and it wasn't horrible.

5 minutes ago, yamadan700 said:

Worst case scenario, you could ditch-bang to Bailieboro. I have done it in the past and it wasn't horrible.

Thanks. I'll look into that 

No gas in Balieboro anymore, closed this summer.

Edited by Bigfish
  • Thanks 1

On Tuesday rode from Hiawatha to the southwest shoreline between two islands then, followed the south shoreline to Bewdley. Saw trucks and cars on ice at gores landing. 

11 hours ago, RIVERMAN said:

On Tuesday rode from Hiawatha to the southwest shoreline between two islands then, followed the south shoreline to Bewdley. Saw trucks and cars on ice at gores landing. 

How much ice is there in the middle of the lake?

12 hours ago, signfan said:

How much ice is there in the middle of the lake?

Really hard to tell!

I have some neighbours that are running from Golden Beach to Hiawatha and they are advising of pressure cracks, slush and open water.

We have over 15 inches in our bay, but there are places on the lake that are still open (springs, railway piles, etc)

Unless you have some real good local knowledge or until the lake is staked, I would not advise running it

there is gas in Millbrook  but it is a 8 km ride from the forest. Nice trail, I did it yesterday. Probably a bit of road scrape to get to the gas station from the road....

Edited by barberch
  • Thanks 1

posted in error

Edited by Bigfish

Looking @ the lake towards Bigfish's house I could see a dark line across the lake more or less running north south.

On 2/16/2020 at 9:20 AM, Bigfish said:

Really hard to tell!

I have some neighbours that are running from Golden Beach to Hiawatha and they are advising of pressure cracks, slush and open water.

We have over 15 inches in our bay, but there are places on the lake that are still open (springs, railway piles, etc)

Unless you have some real good local knowledge or until the lake is staked, I would not advise running it

Yep that was kinda my point.

• Thanks 1